Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Seeds

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/20/2012 10:28:50 AM

ASU74
ASU74
With all of the hullabalu over seedings before the field of 64 is selected.... as of now what do we have, 2 seeds left. FSU & SC. All the sophisticated RPI ratings, all the polls from writers, coaches, etc, (why not a Las Vegas Bookie Poll? They may have a alternative insight) what do we have?....3 non seeded & 2 seeded teams competing for the CWS crown. Yea a seeded team gives ya home field advantage IF you keep winning in the R & SR's.

The teams that are here right now are here because of character & guts, not stats. How can the intangables be considered when selecting the field of 64.

I think too much emphasis is placed on the seedings. This is baseball & anything can and does happen.

Comments?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/20/2012 11:29:52 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Would agree with you there. There's a reason why the top national seed hasn't won this tournament in quite a long time. Pretty much anything and everything can happen in the postseason.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/20/2012 11:42:06 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Kendall wrote:
Would agree with you there. There's a reason why the top national seed hasn't won this tournament in quite a long time. Pretty much anything and everything can happen in the postseason.

Hay Kendall...welcome back. Ain't seen or heard from ya in a month. No hi-speed internet from Pitcairn Island? I sent ya a PM with a qestiona a while ago. Pls CK.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » National Seeds