Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ideas to increase traffic on this forum

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/22/2012 6:08:10 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
The elephant in the room here is Kendall's former forum--Rivals. It seems to be (as one of our major posters here claimed) "a little more national with actual fans outside the Pac-12". And I admit, the discussions there often seem to be on a much higher level about the sport of college baseball compared to the specific Pac-12 detail we have here on PG. Yes, we have a few non-Pac posters here, but I am not entirely happy that they are such a minority. So I have been thinking about ways to draw traffic and discussion here. Tell me what you think of the following ideas.
  • I think we have the Pac-12 stuff covered (for now), but what about the other conferences? Should we entice a prolific SEC, ACC, Big XII, Big West, ConfUSA fan (who is known to start a bunch of topics and spearhead such discussion) to start posting on those respective conferences? What if one of the many Beaver fans on this board or a Duck fan with too much time on his hands "adopted" another conference and started posting topics about other conferences?
  • Corollary to the above bullet, assume one of our regular posters created a secondary account...such as RiverGator or Florida Cock...and pretended to be a fan of one of the teams not well represented here on PG. Would that draw fans and discussion?
  • Promote someone to be the forum "jackass" who pisses everyone off and encourages even the most timid lurker into posting a rebuttal. If you have ever read a post from "ignored user" at Rivals, you'll know what I mean. Folks whose second or third ever post is a long diatribe against the village jackass get riled up easily by trolls like that. Do we need one here? At least for a short time?
  • Recruit someone with national name recognition, such as Kendall Rogers (for those of you who have heard of him), to start posting occasional topics for discussion.
  • Have the regular posters here commit to posting to every topic that is started at least one time, especially if the topic is started by an irregular poster. Some of the time the topic is so specific that I have had no idea how to respond intelligently, so I have passed. Maybe even an occasional dumass response would be better than nothing. No?
Any other ideas?
+1 permalink
6/22/2012 10:20:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
How about more beaver jokes? Just trying to come up with ideas to generate some discussion....

Obviously failing here.
0 permalink
6/22/2012 10:54:00 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
How about more beaver jokes? Just trying to come up with ideas to generate some discussion....

Obviously failing here.

How bout creating a brand new blog, with national interest, moderators for each league, and sections for each team represented. You could create a multi site network of blogs that revolve around college baseball. Each fan can grab their own blog of their team, but also post across the whole network. Wordpress is a great platform I know, and also I have many memberships for premium plug ins, and also I am a member to wpmu.org. This is a site dedicated to wordpress and multisite. I would be willing to donate the tools and set it up, but without proper planning, it could be an empty house. Anyway- that is my thought. I was thinking about starting at a smaller level, calling it Like pac12baseball blog, or something like that. I don't know.. but if we get our own blog that is dedicated to college baseball, fans will find it easier, and it will be alot more searchable. I know seo, and how to build a brand, so let me know. Plus if it gets popular, I know how to create a membership site, and heck.. dodger matt, you could do what Kendall does on a smaller scale.. you already do that.. and get paid.
0 permalink
6/23/2012 3:49:07 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Dodger Matt wrote:

Obviously failing here.

There is only 1 beaver joke

all the rest are true stories

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 5:39:48 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I love the idea of developing ficticious forum names and posting. I'm sure it is currently being done. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if FB created RD and Thorgreen just to keep us Beavers entertained. Just kidding RD. I also like the idea of a forum jackass. I might also suggest a forum idiot. Oh, maybe we already have one.

Heck, we can really have some fun. We can have the angry white man, the unemployed Duck Fan that recently lost his job at McDonalds, the angry black man, an angry gay guy, a transexual, a homeless guy that posts from his local Starbucks, and a clueless broad. We could really create our own little make believe community. Imagine the names we could attach to these individuals.
edited by BeaverBob on 6/23/2012
+1 permalink
6/23/2012 6:38:39 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Bob, that had me in tears laughing.
0 permalink
6/23/2012 7:15:30 PM

ASU74
ASU74
I want to be "Devil with the Blue Dress On"

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+1 permalink
6/23/2012 7:36:41 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
ASU74 wrote:

Would that be "Wildcat Blue"? There's some REAL cross-dressing: A Sun Devil with a Wildcat-blue dress on.
0 permalink
6/23/2012 7:55:55 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
There's the spirit. What are you about a size 5?
ASU74 wrote:
0 permalink
6/23/2012 7:56:53 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Dodger Matt wrote:
ASU74 wrote:

Would that be "Wildcat Blue"? There's some REAL cross-dressing: A Sun Devil with a Wildcat-blue dress on.

See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5J6dvMDvQA
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMJnkrAQco&feature=related (live)
edited by ASU74 on 6/23/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 8:05:49 PM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
There's the spirit. What are you about a size 5?
ASU74 wrote:

Closer to Mama Cass size.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 8:26:12 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I started working on some other forum names. For the Virgin poster, I was thinking about one of the following:

Taged Out Sneaking Home
or
Sitting on Third Base
or
Out at the Plate

For the Duck who lost his job at McDonalds because he took too many bathroom breaks: Diaper Duck. I've attached a potential Avatar.
http://www.thegoosesmother.com/id47.html
0 permalink
6/23/2012 8:36:17 PM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
I started working on some other forum names. For the Virgin poster, I was thinking about one of the following:

Taged Out Sneaking Home
or
Sitting on Third Base
or
Out at the Plate

For the Duck who lost his job at McDonalds because he took too many bathroom breaks: Diaper Duck. I've attached a potential Avatar.
http://www.thegoosesmother.com/id47.html

Diaper Duck....LOL LOL LOL LOL

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 8:47:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
"Diapering your duck, goose or chicken is the first step to enjoying the rewarding experience of living with one of these amazing creatures. It not only keeps your house clean, it gives your little feathered kid the freedom to go where you go and do what you do!"

I can hardly wait! Imagine, there are people who actually do this sort of thing.
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:09:28 PM

ASU74
ASU74
My favorite Duck
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Duck-a-l-Orange

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:15:43 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
How bout "fly beaver fly..."
http://www.freakingnews.com/Flying-Beaver-Pictures-17515.asp
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:17:30 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
How bout "stewed beav"
http://englishrussia.com/2009/04/15/russian-cooked-beaver/
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:18:26 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Or "cookedsundevil"
http://www.sundevilplumbing.com/commercial/refrigeration-cooking/
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:19:50 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:

Rule of our hunting blind:
If it fly's it dies. What is the season on Flying Beaver? Got a recipe?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/23/2012 9:21:49 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:

My kinda kitchen!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ideas to increase traffic on this forum