Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Thoughts and prayers for a deceased family member

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/24/2012 4:58:53 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I know this is off topic, but this board is so neglected I feel we could mention almost anything here. And this is important to me, so I wanted to share.

My wife is away for the weekend. Tonight they are having a ceremony for the passing of a man who was part of my family, who was like an uncle to my kids, and who died Tuesday. Though many of you have never met me or this man, many of you may have seen him before. Anyway, I was not able to accompany my wife on this trip, but there was a moment in church this morning that got me choked up again. I'm just thinking of him dying alone a day after Father's Day, and it makes me sad. But he was a special guy.

Richard Hugh Lynch
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
0 permalink
6/24/2012 5:12:46 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Matt,
My condolences to you & your family. I know how you feel. My father pased away on Father's Day a few years ago.

I love films, but had really not recognized the name. Looked him up & found one of his favorite quotes:

"I've always felt like a thoroughbred without the proper track to run on."

Fred
edited by ASU74 on 6/24/2012

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/24/2012 7:39:49 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, I appreciate that you shared the passing of your good family friend. In church this morning, our pastor also shared about a good friend that passed away last week. It was the first time I have ever seen him in tears. He apologized to the congregation before he shared as he said that nobody in church would know his friend, but that he felt he needed to share about the friendship, love, and bond that his friend and he have had since childhood.

I hope we all have specicial people like Richard and Jimmy in our lives and that we let them know how special they are while they are still with us.
+1 permalink
6/24/2012 9:08:39 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Sorry for your loss- He left a legacy for all. Al Pacino and Gene Hackman.. in scarecrow. Might have to see if it is on netflix. Life and loss is tough. My next door neighbor's 5 year old son drowned a few miles up the river from me, he had been missing for over a month. I kayaked the stretch hoping to bring his family closure to no avail..his body was recovered the other day a few miles past my house past Spencer's hole. My dad died over ten years ago on my Mom's birthday. I still get choked up when I celebrate her birthday.. last year during that time I found a long lost sister, who my dad fathered before I was around. She is part of my dad, and I have gained a sister in the process. Since we are on this topic- It is nice to know everyone outside of the baseball realm.
edited by Riverduck on 6/24/2012
0 permalink
6/24/2012 9:18:51 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Tim, sorry. Way sadder stuff. But...we all have to deal with sad things. I found myself consoling a woman at church this morning who had lost her husband last week. It always comes around, the longer you've been around. But it still hurts.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Thoughts and prayers for a deceased family member