Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » High School Baseball » Looking for the Perfect Game Prospect Camp

High School Baseball Forum
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
7/3/2012 9:13:42 AM

Jay Prather Baseball
Jay Prather Baseball
Jay has been invited to many prospects camps such as Demarini 96 and others like it, but I was told that Perfect Game has one that does a much better job at it. Does anyone have info regarding such a camp?
0 permalink
7/24/2012 9:01:41 PM

Hardwood
Hardwood
Depends on what you mean by a much better job. The "best" showcase is one that has colleges that would be interested in Jay. The Top 96 is good for low D-1, D-2 and d-3 players who have good academics. They also have lots of coaches on the field and lots of interaction. PG is certainly the showcase for kids who are going pro. Just don't waste your money going to the wrong showcase.
0 permalink
8/3/2012 1:19:20 PM

Scout15
Scout15
IMO the best showcase for your son is the one in which he gets seen, or has the ability to be seen by his target college, or by colleges that he is interested in. For instance it does not do your son justice attending a showcase in MA if his target school is in CA.

As far as Demarini Top 96 goes, I would save your money, and invest somewhere else. Yes, they advertise many D1 schools, D2 etc.. But half of the coaches on the field are grad assistants, or volunteer assistants whom have no ability to get your son signed.

Just my .02
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » Looking for the Perfect Game Prospect Camp