Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA D1 Baseball Strength of Schedule for 2013

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/13/2013 7:29:50 PM

ASU74
ASU74
http://boydsworld.com/baseball/sos/sos2013.html

Wow! 1st 9 are Pac teams with Washington ST in at #24

It will be an uphill battle for the Pac. Conference play.....fa getta bout it....a free for all beating up on each other.
Darth Lightsabers

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
2/13/2013 9:16:41 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The SE Conference doesn't appear until no. 13 and again at 17 and 18. However, they have 5 teams in the top ten rankings. Looks like they take a similiar approach as they do in football - start the season by beating up a buch of patsies.

ASU74 wrote:
http://boydsworld.com/baseball/sos/sos2013.html

Wow! 1st 9 are Pac teams with Washington ST in at #24

It will be an uphill battle for the Pac. Conference play.....fa getta bout it....a free for all beating up on each other.
Darth Lightsabers

edited by BeaverBob on 2/13/2013
-1 permalink
2/13/2013 9:48:45 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
As much as I love Boyd and the ISRs, this makes me wonder. The top straight nine come in the same conference? Not impossible, but it strains the limits of credulity. Some explanation would be welcome.

So Wazzu is at 24 and Arizona (slackers) are number 49. What a bunch of pantywaists.
0 permalink
2/14/2013 8:50:20 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I agree, as the season progresses the ISR is always top heavy with PAC teams. But the RPI has plenty of SEC teams. I'm not sure how any of it is calculated or really care to take the time to figure it all out, but as Dodger Matt said, it makes you wonder when the first 9 are all Pac teams.

This no excuse for LSU though, as once again we a very weak OOC schedule. Although we do have a series with Washington, your ISR#3 team. Maybe that is why their ISR is so high.

Not to bring football into baseball discussions, but everyone is guilty of scheduling patsies. Not just the SEC. And as the past few seasons have gone, you could say the opposite for the SEC.

Glad to be back for another year!!
+1 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA D1 Baseball Strength of Schedule for 2013