Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » This is not a PAC-12 only chat room

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/25/2013 10:17:45 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Is it? Where in the heck are all the baseball fans? Even Kendall's last board has a grand total 5 threads NOT older than 24 hours. I know it is only 2 weeks into the season, but my gosh.....
0 permalink
2/25/2013 10:23:11 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I looked at last posting on each thread and I had to go back to the 19th before finding another conferences post and THAT was Walt! Had to go another 2 days back to the next OOC post. Did all the other conference posters die?

COME ON BASEBALL FANS!!!!!! LET'S SEE SOME SUPPORT FOR PG.......EVEN IF YOUR TEAM/CONFERENCE SUCK!!!!
+1 permalink
2/25/2013 11:39:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah. Been pretty dismal here of late. Do we still have like six beavers, 1 duck, and a few asu fans? You could probably make a few jokes from that crowd.
+1 permalink
2/25/2013 11:40:25 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Is the ballot thing done with? I looked forward each week in the basement. Good wholesome fun. We should pick a conference and do it for that one. Then whoever is crowned can be named "lucky bastard"
0 permalink
2/26/2013 12:36:15 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
That's funny. Maybe picking on another conference for bottom of the barrel awards could bring out some "voices".

Riverduck wrote:
Is the ballot thing done with? I looked forward each week in the basement. Good wholesome fun. We should pick a conference and do it for that one. Then whoever is crowned can be named "lucky bastard"
+1 permalink
2/26/2013 9:58:20 AM

borgguy
borgguy
dont get me wrong, i love reading/talking Pac12 baseball with yall (and notice how its only us pac12ers on this thread) but cmon people, there are other teams and other conferences. if this was football all the SEC folks would be out talking smack, cmon SEC where you at?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
2/26/2013 6:51:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Maybe everyone should adopt a new second team from a "midmajor" conference and start posting random things about them.
0 permalink
2/26/2013 8:47:41 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I'll post random things about whoever beats Florida. The now 6-3 North Florida Ospreys beat the gators in 10. Gave up 12 hits and had 3 errors but held UF to 6 runs. The Ospreys picked up 4 extra base hits, including a triple dinger by .257 batter Drew Weeks. The Ospreys play in the North Florida tourney this weekend against a 3-5 Jacksonville State and a 4-3 Charleston Southern. Hard to say how they will do as beating Florida this year is slightly easier than beating Corvallis' Mountain View baseball team (my alma mater when I first started school).
+1 permalink
2/26/2013 10:03:57 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
looks like wild thing made everyone wild eyed today. congrats.
0 permalink
2/26/2013 10:04:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
looks like wild thing made everyone wild eyed today. congrats.
0 permalink
2/26/2013 11:59:13 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm starting to think that Ducks have bad memories as RD keeps posting the same message twice

RD, what would we do without you?
0 permalink
2/27/2013 5:26:06 PM

BTExpress
BTExpress
Administrator
South Carolina/SEC/College Baseball fan here. Just don't get into to many conversations. Love the smell of grass and dirt. Love the sound of BBCOR and leather. Never go home with a clean uni!
+1 permalink
2/27/2013 6:03:52 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Amen! Preach on!

BTExpress wrote:
South Carolina/SEC/College Baseball fan here. Just don't get into to many conversations. Love the smell of grass and dirt. Love the sound of BBCOR and leather. Never go home with a clean uni!
+1 permalink
2/28/2013 8:03:22 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'm here!! I don't really post much but I lurk around daily. I often read some of the Pac 12 discussions b/c theres not much of other conference chat. I haven't seen any other posters other than the Beavers and ducks mostly.

Last year seemed way more active than this year. Maybe it is because we are only 2 weeks in. Hopefully it picks up.

How many SEC or just southern baseball fans on here?
+1 permalink
2/28/2013 11:26:37 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hog fan here, I don't post a lot. Usually I get on and see all Pac12 stuff and just leave. I enjoy Kendall's stuff though. You won't see any smack talking from me, I just try and get college baseball news wherever I can.

Excited for the weekend games in Arizona this weekend for the Hogs!

When this board first started it was flooded with southern Miss fans. They got mad at me for saying I believed their team was overrated that year. I think they may have lost in their regional that year. I chuckled.
+1 permalink
2/28/2013 12:35:29 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
In all honesty, I don't post because I hate the way this forum logs you out every time you visit and I feel I have to log in for every post. The preponderance of ads doesn't help either. I do subscribe mainly as a donation because I value Kendall's coverage and want him to be able to continue. I find the site, however, to be very ugly and unwieldy.
0 permalink
2/28/2013 12:57:07 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
There is so much Pac-12 stuff because no one else posts. I'd love to chat in a Big12, SEC, ACC, CUSA...etc thread. I love the game and always like learning about other teams and other players. Unfortunately we really only get to discuss PAC12 in these threads because other teams and conferences don't post to start discussions.

And yeah it's stupid when a stupid bandwagon fan jumps on board because their team is having a good year, don't let the petty fans get to you.

hogfan4life wrote:
Hog fan here, I don't post a lot. Usually I get on and see all Pac12 stuff and just leave. I enjoy Kendall's stuff though. You won't see any smack talking from me, I just try and get college baseball news wherever I can.

Excited for the weekend games in Arizona this weekend for the Hogs!

When this board first started it was flooded with southern Miss fans. They got mad at me for saying I believed their team was overrated that year. I think they may have lost in their regional that year. I chuckled.

edited by OpihiMan on 2/28/2013
+1 permalink
2/28/2013 12:59:37 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I remember you Heels from Rivals, I too have my issues with the site (like lack of email notifications when you follow a thread or receive new messages). The ads are annoying but, if it pays to keep the site alive (as it's not funded by yahoo like rivals is) then I can live with it.

What are your thoughts on the ACC race this year?

Heels2Omaha wrote:
In all honesty, I don't post because I hate the way this forum logs you out every time you visit and I feel I have to log in for every post. The preponderance of ads doesn't help either. I do subscribe mainly as a donation because I value Kendall's coverage and want him to be able to continue. I find the site, however, to be very ugly and unwieldy.
0 permalink
2/28/2013 1:16:15 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
I think the ACC will be tight at the top. Right now, it's hard not to like my Heels a lot. We look as deep or deeper than I've ever seen us offensively and we returned our entire rotation from a pretty stellar staff last year.
0 permalink
2/28/2013 1:38:26 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Is there a pretty big separation between the top 3-5 teams and the rest of the conference?

Heels2Omaha wrote:
I think the ACC will be tight at the top. Right now, it's hard not to like my Heels a lot. We look as deep or deeper than I've ever seen us offensively and we returned our entire rotation from a pretty stellar staff last year.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » This is not a PAC-12 only chat room