Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Way to go ASU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/28/2013 8:46:34 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1082
Nice to see ASU put a W in the left side column against #2 ranked Razorbacks. Nice showing from the Classic and nice win over the SEC
0 permalink
2/28/2013 8:53:26 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 304
Florida Beaver wrote:
Nice to see ASU put a W in the left side column against #2 ranked Razorbacks. Nice showing from the Classic and nice win over the SEC



Was a good game, sounded like. The offense really let us down. Left the bases loaded twice, you can't do that vs ranked teams or any quality team actually. We have never beat ASU in the state of Arizona.
0 permalink
2/28/2013 10:01:14 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
FB
THX. I don't collect a 6 Pac of St Pauli unless we sweep the Razorbacks & I ain't lickin my chops yet.

FYI
If anyone gets to tune into a Razorback game a Baum sooner or later they will show "Hognoxious". Trust me he is a fan who is entertaining & REALLY puts on a show.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/1/2013 11:40:33 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 304
ASU74 wrote:
FB
THX. I don't collect a 6 Pac of St Pauli unless we sweep the Razorbacks & I ain't lickin my chops yet.

FYI
If anyone gets to tune into a Razorback game a Baum sooner or later they will show "Hognoxious". Trust me he is a fan who is entertaining & REALLY puts on a show.


I remember going to Lady Back Basketball games when I was younger as my dad did play-by-play. He would sit behind the opposing coach and was absolutely relentless to them. Giant baby raddles, passifiers you name it. That's where the name hognoxious came from. He has calmed in his growing age. But is truly a great guy.
0 permalink
3/1/2013 1:44:48 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
Hognoxious looked in pretty good form when I saw him at the Houston Classic last year; costumes, wigs, etc. He must have been hell on wheels when he was younger if this is "calmed down"

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/1/2013 8:00:47 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2098
Hogs lose to the Zags, 3-0. They're 0-2 on this western road trip. They face the Devils again tomorrow. Then it gets easier: Pacific and four against the Aztecs.
0 permalink
3/1/2013 8:13:04 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Posts: 304
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hogs lose to the Zags, 3-0. They're 0-2 on this western road trip. They face the Devils again tomorrow. Then it gets easier: Pacific and four against the Aztecs.



Just want to puke...

Hitting continues to be a gigantic weakness for this team for about the 3rd straight year. That and Van Horn seems to run/bunt himself out of innings playing small ball. My only disagreement with his coaching. I'm not a bunting fan, I prefer letting the guys swing the bat. But, I'm sitting here talking about it not pushing 1,000 wins...
0 permalink
3/2/2013 6:08:13 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
hogfan4life wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hogs lose to the Zags, 3-0. They're 0-2 on this western road trip. They face the Devils again tomorrow. Then it gets easier: Pacific and four against the Aztecs.



Just want to puke...

Hitting continues to be a gigantic weakness for this team for about the 3rd straight year. That and Van Horn seems to run/bunt himself out of innings playing small ball. My only disagreement with his coaching. I'm not a bunting fan, I prefer letting the guys swing the bat. But, I'm sitting here talking about it not pushing 1,000 wins...


Hogfan:
I feel for ya. I'm a closet Hog fan myself. (I draw the line at calling the Hogs). Van Horn is an outstanding coach & I think he is just trying to play with his strengths. ie Andy Lopez at U of Arizona had no bullpen, but big bats last year and U of A starters had more complete games than any team in D1. Lopez recruited for bats & Van Horn recruited for pitching.

Should you recruit for balance? Does balance yield medeocraty?

Good luck today but...................GO DEVILS!
I want to win my wager with a Hog friend & get my beer!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+1 permalink
3/3/2013 7:25:09 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
beer
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/3/2013 8:59:50 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1082
Looks like a tie game 6-6 final in 8 innings. ASU goes 3-0-1 for the weekend.
0 permalink
3/3/2013 10:35:08 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Posts: 200
Which begs the question I've been wondering since someone asked me after seeing Bryant's record... do ties count for standings or RPI, and what determines if a game ties instead of goes extra innings?
0 permalink
3/4/2013 5:14:19 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
The game had been called after the 8th inning due to a longer than average Spring Training game and Gonzaga’s pre-arranged travel plans.

This is the first tie game for ASU since March 4, 2001, when the Devils tied No. 2 LSU 5-5 at Packard Stadium.
edited by ASU74 on 3/4/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/4/2013 5:25:07 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1017
Florida Beaver wrote:
Looks like a tie game 6-6 final in 8 innings. ASU goes 3-0-1 for the weekend.


WTF
I got tired of Gametracker & no audio (technical difficulties) in the 6th with a 5-1 lead thinking we had this one in the bag and went to bed....and in two innings everything went to s*&t. Well, thats baseball!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Way to go ASU





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software