Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » RANKINGS: PG College Top 25 (3/4/)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/4/2013 3:21:02 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here you go, gang:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8116

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/4/2013 5:44:13 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Hard to argue with the top 3, but not sure why a 9-2 Stanford with a series loss to a now 6-5 Rice and a 8-2 UCLA are ranked above a 12-0 Oregon State. I would think just the away series sweep against a San Diego State that swept San Diego would be enough. Other than UCLA and the Cardinal being ranked above OSU to start the year, I can't see a reason for the Beavs to have not jumped those 2 clubs. Just my opinion.
+1 permalink
3/4/2013 6:01:49 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
...not to mention team has a 0.83 ERA... bullpen has 0.00 ERA, with 4 wins away, 4 neutral, and 4 at home.
0 permalink
3/5/2013 11:34:21 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Hard to argue with the top 3, but not sure why a 9-2 Stanford with a series loss to a now 6-5 Rice and a 8-2 UCLA are ranked above a 12-0 Oregon State. I would think just the away series sweep against a San Diego State that swept San Diego would be enough. Other than UCLA and the Cardinal being ranked above OSU to start the year, I can't see a reason for the Beavs to have not jumped those 2 clubs. Just my opinion.

Not really sure on the talent they have played yet. Watching Bryant serve up meat pitches all week long made me wonder. I think Stanford and Rice have always been ahead, and with the polls, you can lose 1 in a series, and it has no illl effect IMO. If all teams keep winning their series, the only way for OSU to jump Stanford or UCLA, is to beat those teams.. which will come up sooner than later.
-1 permalink
3/6/2013 12:13:20 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

Not really sure on the talent they have played yet. Watching Bryant serve up meat pitches all week long made me wonder. I think Stanford and Rice have always been ahead, and with the polls, you can lose 1 in a series, and it has no illl effect IMO. If all teams keep winning their series, the only way for OSU to jump Stanford or UCLA, is to beat those teams.. which will come up sooner than later.

Good question. I saw Stanford a couple of weeks ago against Rice, and I'll see Oregon State in a couple of weekends at home against Arizona State. I'd say let the season play out, but right now, I think you really could go with either one in that slot right now.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » RANKINGS: PG College Top 25 (3/4/)