Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » New Beaver Logo

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/4/2013 8:17:59 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Not about baseball here, but I really do not like the new Beaver's logo. Looks like a pissed of gopher. I wonder whose "brilliant" idea that was!
+2 permalink
3/4/2013 9:43:13 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I heard that was not the real one. Unless they just unloaded it like a few days ago.
0 permalink
3/4/2013 9:44:57 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
God, I wonder how much money was spent on that? My favorite beaver logo was the one with bieber on it. lol
0 permalink
3/4/2013 9:48:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
https://www.diigo.com/item/image/1djy/sq9u
edited by Riverduck on 3/4/2013
0 permalink
3/5/2013 8:12:13 AM

borgguy
borgguy
i think the focus group must have been a bunch of duck fans who were all like *snicker* yeah that looks AWESOME!!! go for it *snicker, stupid bark rats hahaha*

ive only seen like 5 people who actually like the new logo

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/5/2013 8:55:06 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Not about baseball here, but I really do not like the new Beaver's logo. Looks like a pissed of gopher. I wonder whose "brilliant" idea that was!

Phil Knight.
0 permalink
3/5/2013 8:55:56 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
i think the focus group must have been a bunch of duck fans who were all like *snicker* yeah that looks AWESOME!!! go for it *snicker, stupid bark rats hahaha*

ive only seen like 5 people who actually like the new logo

wait till you guys get a reser overhall thanks to Uncle Phil. Could happen
0 permalink
3/5/2013 9:43:49 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I wish. He's our third largest donor.... but only a liar will claim we are not jealous of the pocket change he throws into the swamp.
0 permalink
3/6/2013 12:13:59 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Not a fun at all ... however, the new "Beavers" font is not bad, and it is something you'll see on the baseball uniforms at some point.

Hearing OSU will go back to the "OSU" on the hats, getting away from the Nike-generated OS.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/6/2013 12:23:53 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Here's a link to the Yahoo article on the new Beavers logo and some pics of the new football uniforms. Couple of them are pretty cool looking. A few, not so much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/oregon-state-gets-rebeaved-beavers-look-lot-different-045048032--ncaaf.html
0 permalink
3/6/2013 1:55:48 AM

ASU74
ASU74
I feel your pain guys. ASU replacing Sparky with the fork last year & now they decided to give Sparky a makeover.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1552683-arizona-state-football-new-sparky-causes-outrage-among-sun-devil-fatithful

Not to mention the black & copper uniys....not our color guys.......Last year DM thought they were black & orange WTH! Devil faithful are not too happy. I saw a " F%$K the Fork" T-shirt last time I was there. Thank you Nike.

More backlash...

http://hittoleftfield.com/2013/03/04/arizona-state-just-barfed-cheap-anime-onto-a-fiberglass-costume/
edited by ASU74 on 3/6/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/6/2013 9:07:27 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I liked everything I saw, except for the white shoulders on the black jersey (but when I then saw it again from the front, with the stripes of football helmet with it, I thought it was great), and the font leaves a little to be desired, even though I appreciate some of the meaning behind it.

I think the new beaver logo is great.. only one better is the 1999 retrofitted classic Benny... the one in my avatar, not the one in Ophi's avatar. The new one is great though, especially on a white background. I did not like it very much when I first saw it leaked, but the more i looked at it, the more it grew on me, and when I saw a digital file of it for the first time, it was great.

I love the "ghost beaver" on the back of the basketball jerseys.... the logo is actually woven into the meshy fabric.

I love that the stripe continues down the grill on the football helmet... first time I've seen that. Also pretty cool that on the black helmet, it achieves a "beaver teeth" look that actually looks cool and not cheesy.

The only thing I do not like is that the OS is not going to be used. Fortunately it is not be retired, but rather will just not be used on any new athletic gear, etc, though I'm hoping when they realize they HAVE to bring back the block O or use the OS (OSU is too big in places where you need just one or two letters, especially when it is boring, side-by-side, not tiered like USC, in the style of the OS) in some places. I rotate between my four OS hats (one a work hat), and I am scared to think that I'll have to switch to a non-letter logo for my hat when I need a new one. I don't like non-letter logos at all for hats, only shirts!
0 permalink
3/7/2013 9:06:18 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Sparky with knee-high boots? Reminds me of a Black Sabbath song from the Iron Man, Paranoid days....
0 permalink
3/7/2013 9:29:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I didn't see any baseball unis on the OSU website, but I have a feeling thiss might appear across some ball players' chest in the future:

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/orst/graphics/reveal/13-cursive-beavers.jpg
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » New Beaver Logo