Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs Bobcats

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/8/2013 7:10:41 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
A rare DP at the plate. Some bad baserunning there by the Beavers.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 8:55:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
After 46.1 IP, the Beavers' bullpen finally gives up its first earned run of the year.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 9:57:42 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Will the 4 runs have a postitive or negative effect on the team ERA? I know the bullpen will have a negative effect as 0.00 is hard to maintain. Although at almost 13 games in, it was an impressive showing from the bullpen.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 10:07:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I think Boyd's ERA went from 1.67 to 1.95.

Bullpen is gonna be something like 0.18.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 10:18:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
How did Bryant pitch tonight? My wife made me turn off the radio and computer and go grab dinner when he started pitching?
0 permalink
3/8/2013 11:37:01 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Geez BB,

Are you really gonna keep the new logo? It looks.......lonely. Like it needs something else under or behind it. Personally, I am not a big fan of it. I do like going back to the OSU letters though.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 11:40:55 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ya, I'm not much of a fan of it either. It took me way too long to shrink the darn thing to fit. Now that know what I am doing, I might have to find a more attractive Beaver or logo.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Geez BB,

Are you really gonna keep the new logo? It looks.......lonely. Like it needs something else under or behind it. Personally, I am not a big fan of it. I do like going back to the OSU letters though.
0 permalink
3/9/2013 9:57:09 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Bob, Tony Bryant looked pretty good: 2.0 IP and retired all 6 batters he faced, with three strikeouts. Zack Reser was more impressive: Struck out all three he faced in the 9th, and his pitches looked nasty.

Taylor Starr, I wish he had shown more control cuz he looks like a giant out there. I want that guy to succeed.
0 permalink
3/9/2013 1:15:47 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
DM,

I know it is a voluntary thing, but are you getting those fingers limbered up for the conference picks next weekend? Looks like right now we have, what, 3 teams represented? Maybe once the season gets going more will join (fingers crossed).
+1 permalink
3/9/2013 3:30:17 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Florida Beaver wrote:
DM, I know it is a voluntary thing, but are you getting those fingers limbered up for the conference picks next weekend? Looks like right now we have, what, 3 teams represented? Maybe once the season gets going more will join (fingers crossed).

Though it looks like we will have few participants, as long as a few of you guys enjoy it, I'll probably do it.

On another topic, ever since the Pac-12 conference has decided to broadcast home games free, wbhy does OSU still "blur" the field for these "0.001 fps" screenshots of Coleman Field?

0 permalink
3/9/2013 3:32:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Wow, i hate this interface. Every pic that extends wider than the prescribed width of the comment area screws up the display and the menu options.
0 permalink
3/9/2013 3:37:15 PM

borgguy
borgguy
i had been wondering if we were going to do the picks again this year, i figured we hadnt done it yet because with some teams in tourneys and others doing 3 game sets, be hard to juggle different scoring types. but hey DM if you dont feel like doing it this year, I think i could probably do it ( I keep a daily tally of that weeks scores anyway)

hope the bats warm up soon for todays game, Andrew is pitching well, and I would hate to see a good effort like that wasted

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
3/9/2013 3:37:48 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That run in the first is all on Jake Rodriguez, two passed balls that allowed a runner from first to advance to third before a second weak two-out single?
0 permalink
3/9/2013 3:47:30 PM

borgguy
borgguy
borgguy wrote:
i had been wondering if we were going to do the picks again this year, i figured we hadnt done it yet because with some teams in tourneys and others doing 3 game sets, be hard to juggle different scoring types. but hey DM if you dont feel like doing it this year, I think i could probably do it ( I keep a daily tally of that weeks scores anyway)

hope the bats warm up soon for todays game, Andrew is pitching well, and I would hate to see a good effort like that wasted

soon as i say that they do 3 runs thus far....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/9/2013 4:01:18 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
nm

Just to get the topic to a second page (so that picture
I posted stops screwing up the word wrapping)
how many Beaver fans were amazed/pissed about that
double-play getting runners our at home plate?
0 permalink
3/9/2013 4:01:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Add returns.
0 permalink
3/9/2013 4:05:23 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
nm

Just to get the topic to a second page (so that picture
I posted stops screwing up the word wrapping)
how many Beaver fans were amazed/pissed about that
double-play getting runners our at home plate?

didnt get a chance to see it so i cant form an opinion....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/9/2013 9:31:15 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I've reflected more on your suggestion. While I like the idea of having my Beaver on top, I understand that down South, Beavers are usually supported from the rear. I'll spend some reflection time contemplating about how best to support my Beaver. I'd welcome any suggestions from you, the "Ultimate Beaver" expert.

Again, I appreciate you looking out for my Beaver.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Geez BB,

0 permalink
3/9/2013 9:46:18 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Matt, the field is blurred because of practice, not because of the games.
+1 permalink
3/9/2013 10:59:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Not so sure about that. The picture I copied--not linked to, copied--keeps changing as the days wears on.
As I post this, it shows the field at night. Nobody practicing. And there was nobody practicing during
the game when I posted the picture. (Well, maybe some of the Beavers were practicing, but it was
officially a game at the time.)

It's not as if anyone is going to glean any competitive advantage from seeing a still shot every 30 or 60
seconds of the Beavers practicing. Time to remove the blur filters on the playing field.
-1 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs Bobcats