Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/8/2013 8:53:06 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Is it me,or is Horton just conceding the game right now? UGH.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 9:03:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Playing like a bunch of high schoolers in the ninth. sheesh
surprised it was this close.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 9:10:31 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Horton makes em throw the O up..so painful. He is good.. So tortuous. Ducks have faced some serious arms this year.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 9:12:36 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry RD. Vandy's pitcher tonight is red hot.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 9:21:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
He went the full 9 innings. Again. Well, it's a three-game series. The Friday night game is always about the starting pitching. The next two days should be better for you.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 10:59:10 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks hitting has been underwhelming so far this year....2 hits tonight (albeit against good pitching) isn't going to cut it.
0 permalink
3/8/2013 11:41:11 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
OpihiMan wrote:
Ducks hitting has been underwhelming so far this year....2 hits tonight (albeit against good pitching) isn't going to cut it.

Really Opihi? The door is wide open to slamdunk RD and you come up with underwhelming hitting? Starting to lose faith buddy. I know you shouldn't hit a man when he's down, but dam.....this is the ducklings we are talking about. You know, the southern relative no-one talks about at family reunions because of their tree has no branches.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/8/2013
+1 permalink
3/9/2013 7:40:10 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
hey now... Don't get me wrong, my feelings for the schmucks remains unchanged but I also like to sprinkle in some facts to go along with my opinions.

anyway, I know RD will probably say that they lost to the #2 team just like the series loss was to a ranked CSF last week... but at some point if you can't beat top competition then you probably don't deserve to be described as so. if you can only beat up on the Hawaii's and take 2 of 3 from the LMU's but take series losses to CSF and vandy ( my prediction). then you probably deserve to be respected somewhere in the middle despite your glorious alum, fancy marketing campaigns, and bandwagon fans ( see attendance still far).

Florida Beaver wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

Really Opihi? The door is wide open to slamdunk RD and you come up with underwhelming hitting? Starting to lose faith buddy. I know you shouldn't hit a man when he's down, but dam.....this is the ducklings we are talking about. You know, the southern relative no-one talks about at family reunions because of their tree has no branches.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/8/2013
0 permalink
3/9/2013 8:42:05 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Hey- Did you see my above posts? I am probably one of the toughest critics to this team. I should just jump ship so I can't complain about a team.. lol. This team has always had issues, when one hitter is on, the rest is not, etc. And it kind of plays musical chairs throughout the season. We need 5 consistent hitters to win this year. So far I have not seen that, and I am not sure we will. We don't have the dominant number 1 pitcher this year, and we have a bunch of good tuesday wed pitchers.. but that will not win pac games. So- I am not sure what is up with these guys.
+2 permalink
3/9/2013 8:42:34 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
There FB- I just threw myself under the bus. lol
0 permalink
3/9/2013 8:57:50 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Fair enough RD
0 permalink
3/9/2013 11:09:08 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Fret not RD, the advantage to tough non con schedule is it gets you ready for conference play. Vandy is tough to play no matter where. once we get to the meat of conference play, i think yall will come together and string a few quality series wins. I still think that when it is all said and done, Duckies will host a regional.

this is why i am a little worried about the beavs, yeah we are 13-0 which is awesome but with the teams we have faced we SHOULD be 13-0 Texas St and Bryant arent UCLA and Stanford.... that is the beauty of baseball you never know what will happen.

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
3/9/2013 11:29:20 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, I think as the years go on, I have matured on the aspect that I have zero control over the outcome of baseball. Never had, never will. On a flip side, I am liking the way Healy is hitting the ball right now.
0 permalink
3/9/2013 1:12:37 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, I think as the years go on, I have matured on the aspect that I have zero control over the outcome of baseball. Never had, never will. On a flip side, I am liking the way Healy is hitting the ball right now.

Hold on. I thought you threw yourself under the bus! Why are you still here? Musta been an imaginary bus. Dam. lol
+2 permalink
3/9/2013 1:46:06 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ok.. I admit the bus just ran over my tail feathers. I am ok..
+2 permalink
3/10/2013 1:33:58 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ducks 2-1 in the 3rd. First lead of the series against Vandy. Should be 3-1, if not for that baserunning blunder before the double.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 1:36:10 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
2nd base running error for payne.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 1:36:53 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
If I was Horton, I would move Irvin to the friday night starter.. Nice to see Yaz junior with the k
edited by Riverduck on 3/10/2013
0 permalink
3/10/2013 2:16:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That lead didn't last long, did it? 4-2 Vandy, and they are three innings away from a sweep.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 2:19:26 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Anyone else watching the Commodores swim on the grass?
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post