Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/10/2013 3:19:05 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Yeah baby!! wheels are falling off!
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:24:38 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Go DUCKS!!!

What a nutty inning..
Sherfy goes in on a non win situation.. now going for the win.
edited by Riverduck on 3/10/2013
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:33:27 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
wow- what a finish. That techno chicken just stole the sweep from vandy. Hope their catcher is ok..
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:34:26 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
Best result for a Beaver fan...another Oregon Series loss, and Vandy drops a game!
+1 permalink
3/10/2013 3:37:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Man, the way vandy played defense today.. you guys should leap frog them soon.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:37:51 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
Technochicken? What dat? New name for duck?

The technochickens avoid a sweep thanks to four unearned runs and two-out mistakes by the Commodores.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:39:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
I am actually pretty thrilled right now. 5 losses right now is ok. We at least know we can beat the top in the country.. can you say that?
-1 permalink
3/10/2013 3:40:39 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Dodger Matt wrote:
Technochicken? What dat? New name for duck?

The technochickens avoid a sweep thanks to four unearned runs and two-out mistakes by the Commodores.

Yep, and lets us all know even if you are ranked 2 in the country.. things can go south fast. Hang on OSU..
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:42:21 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Nice win duckies. (about time!!!!)
0 permalink
3/10/2013 3:47:58 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
The Pond Pidgeons are 2-4 against ranked opponents...sorry, but I wouldn't boast about that. All that means is the Ducks don't deserve to be ranked as they can't hang.

Oh and BTW Beavs are 4-0 against ranked opponents (SDSU was ranked #22 at the time and we swept a 4 game series at SDSU)

Riverduck wrote:
I am actually pretty thrilled right now. 5 losses right now is ok. We at least know we can beat the top in the country.. can you say that?

edited by OpihiMan on 3/10/2013
0 permalink
3/10/2013 4:18:11 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1040
I can see the gloves are off and you guys are not playing nicely anymore.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+2 permalink
3/10/2013 5:18:30 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Yep! Let the plucking begin. Nice to see Opihi feeling like his normal self and hacking hard on RD. Course now RD does hold his own when it is one on one (and we're not saying what RD is holding....only that it is his own). However, on this board, it usually ends up beaver pile on the duck, and while RD should not feel too badly about being piled on by multiple beavers, I am sure it gets a little uncomfortable after a few months of being smothered by beavers from coast to coast. ASU74 wrote:
I can see the gloves are off and you guys are not playing nicely anymore.

edited by Florida Beaver on 3/10/2013
+3 permalink
3/10/2013 5:49:03 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
OpihiMan wrote:
The Pond Pidgeons are 2-4 against ranked opponents...sorry, but I wouldn't boast about that. All that means is the Ducks don't deserve to be ranked as they can't hang.

Oh and BTW Beavs are 4-0 against ranked opponents (SDSU was ranked #22 at the time and we swept a 4 game series at SDSU) That are obviously not that good since they have lost 9 games.. #22 last time I checked was not 18, or 2.. And we are not really even playing that well right now.. so things can get better. Confidence is great winning all these games.. but the ducks did it last year too, and peaked to early. Just saying. The Beavs will go through a slump. Guaranteed.
Riverduck wrote:
I am actually pretty thrilled right now. 5 losses right now is ok. We at least know we can beat the top in the country.. can you say that?

edited by OpihiMan on 3/10/2013
0 permalink
3/10/2013 5:54:04 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Not really worried about where they are ranked right now Ophi.. Last time I checked you have to go through your schedule to make it really count. We did fine and things will fall into place. Right now we have a few more pieces to figure out.. and yeah playing tough opponents may not be as vogue as winning all your pre season games, but you can have your schedule.
I thought it pretty much sucked.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 6:42:55 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
HAHA!

RD your Ducks lost to impressive teams, and limped through a bunch of the other games with lackluster hitting.

You can have the toughest strength of schedule in the country but if you only win 33% of your games against quality opponents you can't be successful.

I'm not trying to be mean, just calling things how I see them. No need to get your tail feathers ruffled (though I think you lost those under the bus...). It's all good, we're all baseball fans, just love the game. I just happen to not care for the ducks...personal preference, that's all.

Riverduck wrote:
Not really worried about where they are ranked right now Ophi.. Last time I checked you have to go through your schedule to make it really count. We did fine and things will fall into place. Right now we have a few more pieces to figure out.. and yeah playing tough opponents may not be as vogue as winning all your pre season games, but you can have your schedule.
I thought it pretty much sucked.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 8:34:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Yeah- No harm done. Just kind of relieved due to our lack of hitting, and pitching, we are actually not doing too bad. Good thing is.. we can only get better.
0 permalink
3/10/2013 8:36:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2290
Easy to rile me up after a series loss.. Just glad we did not get swept. The way we have played, in the past we would have gotten swept.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post




Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software