Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs vs. Rebs

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/16/2013 7:21:40 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
What a lopsided series this had been. Ole Miss wins 8-1 on Friday only to see the Hogs punch back 10-1 today. Maybe it's homerish, but I certainly like the Hogs chance Sunday with All American candidate Ryne Stanek on the bump (normal Friday starter). He has started slow again like every other year so definitely no guarantees. Gotta stay aggressive at the plate.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 7:30:52 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see a post other than for PAC 12 teams. Hogfan, are there any free streaming links for the Hogs?
0 permalink
3/16/2013 7:34:54 PM

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
What a lopsided series this had been. Ole Miss wins 8-1 on Friday only to see the Hogs punch back 10-1 today. Maybe it's homerish, but I certainly like the Hogs chance Sunday with All American candidate Ryne Stanek on the bump (normal Friday starter). He has started slow again like every other year so definitely no guarantees. Gotta stay aggressive at the plate.

I heard Vinson had a couple of key defensive plays....and his bat is HOT. Congtads.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:33:32 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Not that I'm aware of Beaver. I think tomorrow's game is on ESPN3. Just not sure well get it in. Supposed to rain a lot tomorrow. Since it was scheduled as TV they couldn't move it today for a DH.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:36:06 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
ASU74 wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:

I heard Vinson had a couple of key defensive plays....and his bat is HOT. Congtads.

Yeah I heard he had flashed the leather weekend. That's good with the inconsistency we've shown at the plate. Need our infield to sure things up. It'll take some time but this team could dangerous once they do.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:51:08 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I was looking for a live link to this series (and the LSU/MSU series) but couldn't find one. If it's supposed to be on ESPN, I'll have to remember to check. Good luck, Hogs.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 11:28:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I found this link. Right now, it just has highlights, but perhaps it will show the live game tomorrow.
http://www.collegesportsdirect.com/Video.dbml?SPSID=590791&SPID=72952&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5950&vid=1931610
Dodger Matt wrote:
I was looking for a live link to this series (and the LSU/MSU series) but couldn't find one. If it's supposed to be on ESPN, I'll have to remember to check. Good luck, Hogs.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/16/2013
0 permalink
3/16/2013 11:36:02 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
It's all pay per view, only Tennessee in the SEC allows free access...unless the games are on ESPN then you can stream through ESPN3 online.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 11:49:38 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That was all LSU, and they look pretty good.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 1:21:45 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ark-Ole Miss game on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/457201/#

Hogs are wearing green caps for St. Paddy's. Toast

Now THAT looks like green eggs and ham. :p
0 permalink
3/17/2013 1:54:41 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Hogfan, you watching this game? i have a couple questions. I know Arkansas has pretty good attendance, so I was wondering why there seem to be so many empty seats. Are people in Fayetteville still at church? What up?

What are those silly hats I see a number of fans wearing? Like cat-in-the-hat cheese-yellow hats. Confused
0 permalink
3/17/2013 2:04:09 PM

ASU74
ASU74
M
Those silly hats are 'beer mug" hats the Razorbacks wear when they have the bases loaded. My friend wears one & it embarresses me.

it is like 42 degrees out there hence some empty seats.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/17/2013 2:13:33 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Looks kinda cool (temperature) with all the hog players wearing windbreakers in the dugout. And no cheerleaders? WTF? Why else watch a Hog game (if you're not a hog fan)?

So you put on a beer mug hat to celebrate "being loaded"? Must be a St. Patrick's thing....

Hogs walk in the tying run in the 8th.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 2:21:25 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Naa they do the hat thing all the time.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/17/2013 3:37:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Fred, you watching this game? Nasty collision at first. Pitcher throws away a sac bunt attempt that the 1B leans over to try to catch as the runner dives in head first (why?), and the runner gets cleats in the throat. Go-ahead run scores.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 3:41:48 PM

ASU74
ASU74
No, listening to ASU getting their butts handed to them. (10-6) B7

NCAA should outlaw the head first slide. That is how Corey Hahn ended up paralyzed 2 years ago against New Mexico. I don't think making a head first slide illegal would change the game.

M
Give me a call at home tonight. You have my number. Left ya a couple of posts, ya must have missed them.
F
edited by ASU74 on 3/17/2013
edited by ASU74 on 3/17/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/17/2013 6:18:57 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hogfan, you watching this game? i have a couple questions. I know Arkansas has pretty good attendance, so I was wondering why there seem to be so many empty seats. Are people in Fayetteville still at church? What up?

What are those silly hats I see a number of fans wearing? Like cat-in-the-hat cheese-yellow hats. Confused

Matt
I found our why you did not see the dancing girls....they dance on the dugouts between innings...TV is on commerical. They had 3011 in attendance with the weather and all, but the crowd looked skimpy cause Baum seats 10,737.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+1 permalink
3/18/2013 11:09:13 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Dodger Matt wrote:

Well I didn't get to see the game, went out of town and was able to listen to it all. Game time temps started in the low 40s and fell most of the game. Add to that it rained almost the entire game. Probably had a very Northwestern feel to it. We had 7500+ on Friday and Saturday it was just nasty Sunday.

Now the silly hats, who knows man, maybe a promotion of some kind being St. Patty day.

Gut wrenching loss, 5 errors... Now we get to turn around and go play at USCe this weekend. Yikes.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs vs. Rebs