Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sunday National Roundup (March 17)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/17/2013 11:00:02 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here you go, gang:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8168

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
+1 permalink
3/18/2013 12:06:50 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I always enjoy reading your summaries. Just a note that I'm sure you are already correcting, but I'm sure you meant to say hard-hitting oufielder Michael Conforto instead of Ben Wetlzer. Anyway, with a dissapointing basketball season, it's great to see the Beavers excelling in baseball.

I'm really impressed with the depth of the Beaver's pitching staff, especially the relievers. It seems like they have unlimited resources beyond their starting rotation: Scott Schultz, Cole Brocker, Tony Bryant, Dan Chld, Max Engelbrekt, and several others. I'm just thinking what the rotation would be like if Jace Fry was healthy. I hear there is still a possibility he may be back if the Beavers go to the Regionals.

I'd also have to say that the starting rotation has to be one of the best in the country: Senior Matt Boyd, Freshmen Andrew Moore, and Junior Ben Wetzler. I think a problem the Beavers will encounter is not getting some of the pitchers enough pitching time. Guys like Child and Schultz would be starting at most other schools.

Oregon State (19-1)
The Beavers had yet another outstanding weekend, beating Arizona 8-4 to capture an important road series sweep. OSU starting pitcher Ben Wetzler had a solid performance, while hard-hitting outfielder Ben Wetzler continued his impressive ways with a home run, two hits and an RBI. It also should be noted that catcher Jake Rodriguez had two hits and a career-high five RBIs.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Sunday National Roundup (March 17)