Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » STATE OF COLLEGE BASEBALL: New feature!

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/25/2013 7:29:32 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Check this out, gang:

Check out this new feature!

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8215

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
+1 permalink
3/25/2013 8:35:56 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I like this, the tournament outlook adds an extra element to the weekend recaps. Good stuff!
0 permalink
3/25/2013 8:36:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Love it, Kendall. One question, and I understand how you work your ranking system, and it's admirable to be consistent WRT moving teams up or down on the basis of one weekend, but this is a bit odd:
  • In your chat and in this article, you list Oregon State #1 as your national seed. You don't even include UCLA in the top eight.
  • OSU is #1 ISR, #1 RPI; UCLA is #14 and #24 respectively.
  • Every other major poll has OSU higher than UCLA.
...but you don't flip some of the spots in the top five? If UCLA isn't even in your own discussion for a national seed, why do they warrant a steady #4 ranking for, what is now, four weeks straight?
+1 permalink
3/25/2013 9:12:34 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I really like this article!

It's a beefier Weekend Roundup for all us frothing for postseason projections.
0 permalink
3/25/2013 10:55:53 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Great feature, please keep it up. (Small typo note: Boyd pitched the series opener, not the series finale.) This is the kind of stuff I love to read about college baseball, thanks!
0 permalink
3/25/2013 11:08:46 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Nice! (ditto on DM's notes)
0 permalink
3/25/2013 11:56:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
That was a semi disturbing post. Ducks have been red hot since the last game of Vanderbilt, and all he can say is the oregon series win will continue to reward Vanderbilt. Since pac play the ducks have not even been threatened for a series loss.. Beavs came close to losing it, got no hit.. and rewarded. Bunk.
0 permalink
3/26/2013 9:13:16 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Ducks (18-6) = 5-1 with loss to USC < Beavs (21-2) 5-1 with loss to ASU

I know you know ISR and RPI rankings, SOS is 40/41 so they are the same. Beavs are 21-2 with no series losses, Ducks are 18-6 with 2 series losses. There is no validity to what you are saying. Vandy is helped by Oregon wins, as is CSF, because they had series victories from the Ducks. True story.
0 permalink
3/26/2013 9:15:41 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Those national seeds are not in order ....

UCLA would be MY national seed, but thinking like a committee would, I'd wager good money that Notre Dame would get one right now if the season ended today.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Love it, Kendall. One question, and I understand how you work your ranking system, and it's admirable to be consistent WRT moving teams up or down on the basis of one weekend, but this is a bit odd:
  • In your chat and in this article, you list Oregon State #1 as your national seed. You don't even include UCLA in the top eight.
  • OSU is #1 ISR, #1 RPI; UCLA is #14 and #24 respectively.
  • Every other major poll has OSU higher than UCLA.
...but you don't flip some of the spots in the top five? If UCLA isn't even in your own discussion for a national seed, why do they warrant a steady #4 ranking for, what is now, four weeks straight?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/26/2013 6:32:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I get it. You do a good job of distancing your own preferences and thinking like the committee, which is good. And the seeding order is not how you would put them; they just happen to be almost exactly what their RPI scores are right now. No worries. But....

But UCLA would be one of your eight national seeds? Really? Just a few clicks away from #3 Fullerton? Where is the justification? They're below both Oregon and Arizona State in the RPI, not to mention a bunch of other teams.
  • #1 Oregon State
  • #2 LSU
  • #3 CS Fullerton
  • #4 Vanderbilt
  • Not #5 Notre Dame
  • #6 North Carolina
  • #7 Florida State
  • #13 Virginia

. . .

. . .

. . .

• #24 UCLA
Something does not compute here. Confused
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » STATE OF COLLEGE BASEBALL: New feature!