Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac Wars

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/26/2013 6:12:49 PM

ASU74
ASU74
The Gods of the Schedule arranged Pac War for the weekend of 5/17/13. All of the Pac will be playing their traditional/instate rivals that weekend with the lone exception of our orphan, Utah. Here is how the stars will align:

Ariz at ASU
Stanford at Cal
OSU at Ore
UCLA at USC
UW at WSU

Gentleman, tempers will be flaring, tongues will be lashing, and blood will be spilt (figurativley of course). This is the weekend of Civil Wars throughout the Pac. The mighty may fall, futures will be altered and the meek may inherit on the next to last weekend of conference play.
En Garde!
Baseball: ya gotta love it.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/26/2013 6:57:53 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yeah. But we have...
  • ZERO Cougs, ZERO Huskies.
  • ZERO Bruins, ZERO Trojans.
  • ZERO Bears, one Card.
  • One Wildcat, two Devils.
  • And a dozen Beavers, two ZEROS... I mean Ducks. Big Grin
0 permalink
3/26/2013 10:04:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Hey.. I resent that.
+1 permalink
3/26/2013 10:52:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What happened to our Bruin from last year?

Dodger Matt wrote:
Yeah. But we have...

• ZERO Bears, one Card.
0 permalink
3/27/2013 1:06:29 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Well, I don't know what kind of personal affiliation most fans have with their respective teams. I know at least one of our prediction participants was the father of one of the players, for example. So if a particular fan is a relative or friend of someone on the team, and that player has moved on, the fan will probably not be coming back to play predictions. When I was doing this on Rivals, we had two or three Trojan fans, three Cougs, a couple Cats and Bruins, and three for Stanford, plus a whole bunch of Devils (I think more than we had Beavers at one time). But that was before sanctions, which killed their online fan base. Never had a Cal fan. Smelled one once and personally invited him to play, but I think he had a US flag to burn or a nude TGBLT poetry contest to attend...something more important like that. Have yet to see anyone even express sympathy for Utah.
+1 permalink
3/27/2013 9:17:07 AM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
What happened to our Bruin from last year?

MostUnknown.....are you wandering around lost out there? dunno

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/27/2013 10:20:25 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Dodger Matt wrote:
Well, I don't know what kind of personal affiliation most fans have with their respective teams. I know at least one of our prediction participants was the father of one of the players, for example. So if a particular fan is a relative or friend of someone on the team, and that player has moved on, the fan will probably not be coming back to play predictions. When I was doing this on Rivals, we had two or three Trojan fans, three Cougs, a couple Cats and Bruins, and three for Stanford, plus a whole bunch of Devils (I think more than we had Beavers at one time). But that was before sanctions, which killed their online fan base. Never had a Cal fan. Smelled one once and personally invited him to play, but I think he had a US flag to burn or a nude TGBLT poetry contest to attend...something more important like that. Have yet to see anyone even express sympathy for Utah.

i do have sympathy for Utah, but this is what happens when you decide to try and run with the big dogs, they did get a series win last week so that is stepping up

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/27/2013 11:23:52 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Dodger Matt wrote:
Yeah. But we have...
  • ZERO Bears, one Card.

And 1 Hog, 1 Tiger and 1 gamecock!

That's a cool scheduling though. I don't think the SEC does anything like that.
0 permalink
3/27/2013 1:00:13 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
And it's the second to last weekend instead of the last weekend before the postseason. I initially thought that was a mistake to do that, but I'm starting to feel better about it being the week before. The last weekend games kind of get lost with the selection committee doing its thing, and the rivalry games are so important IMO.

We have more Tigers than Cougars, more Hogs than Huskies, and more Cocks than Trojans. :p
0 permalink
3/27/2013 1:31:20 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
And it's the second to last weekend instead of the last weekend before the postseason. I initially thought that was a mistake to do that, but I'm starting to feel better about it being the week before. The last weekend games kind of get lost with the selection committee doing its thing, and the rivalry games are so important IMO.

We have more Tigers than Cougars, more Hogs than Huskies, and more Cocks than Trojans. :p

Uh-oh.....someone gonna get some STDs.........DO NOT go f___ a duck this weekend if you are without a trojan. Them ducks will infect you with some eugene bird flu.
0 permalink
3/27/2013 2:50:44 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Whatcha all think about a "Adopt an Orphan Team Program". We each adopt an orphan team and post about them (more than one person can adpopt a team).
a) We would all be more informed about teams that are getting little or no posts here
b) We would all be better informed about teams and players we do not follow in the Pac and have to play against.
c) We may even get some of their fans to engage here and round out the Pac participation......you SEC boys can adopt a team also!

Whata Think?
Educated

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/27/2013 3:55:40 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I will pick Utah... Since I lived in that state for close to 8 years. No, I chose to hang out with the Jack Mormans.. http://www.jerryjoseph.com/ Actually worked at the Hog Wallow Bar when these guys where getting it together again. And remember the Majerus days at Utah. So.. I can post a little about those guys.
-1 permalink
3/27/2013 3:57:52 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
So do I need to create a new avatar? I can call my new avatar Rockduck.. since the climbing is so magical there.
-1 permalink
3/27/2013 4:27:44 PM

Rockduck
Rockduck
borgguy wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

i do have sympathy for Utah, but this is what happens when you decide to try and run with the big dogs, they did get a series win last week so that is stepping up

Hey- Rockduck is in the house for Utah. Sportng a 12-10 record, winnng streak of 4.. Hey that is more than the beavs can say.. lol
edited by Rockduck on 3/27/2013
0 permalink
3/27/2013 4:29:27 PM

Rockduck
Rockduck
some stats on the utes. http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html
0 permalink
3/27/2013 4:38:21 PM

ASU74
ASU74
RockDuck...Good for you....Either way...your still RD....
I'll take Cal....

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/27/2013 4:49:34 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Ill adopt a team. I need to do some research though but ill probably take Vanderbilt.
0 permalink
3/27/2013 5:09:25 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Rockduck wrote:

Hey- Rockduck is in the house for Utah. Sportng a 12-10 record, winnng streak of 4.. Hey that is more than the beavs can say.. lol

Wow, never realized how much I hated Ute fans until just now.

JK Big Grin
0 permalink
3/27/2013 5:20:52 PM

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
Ill adopt a team. I need to do some research though but ill probably take Vanderbilt.

Hogfan:
Check out the post Vanderbilt Triple Steal I & II

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/27/2013 8:05:58 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
Rockduck wrote:

Wow, never realized how much I hated Ute fans until just now.

JK Big Grin

ROFLMAO
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post