Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

3/30/2012 11:19:43 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 7

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I don't see anyway that Beavs and Huskies will play baseball today or tomorrow (Saturday). The weather is looking slightly better on Sunday and then a nice weather break on Monday. I wonder if it makes sense to just play a game on Sunday and then play a double header on Monday?

Does anybody know the policies for makeup games if they can't play any games this weekend?

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USOR0076
3/30/2012 7:28:35 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Looks like games in Corvallis and Eugene have been postponed and rescheduled for tomorrow.
3/31/2012 5:55:46 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Congrats RiverDuck. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Ducks moving forward and the Beavs going backwards. One key diference I see between the teams in middle relievers and closers. I think having Horton act as the pitching coach has made a huge difference this year. The Beavs may have the worst pitching coach in the Country. The best example is how he brought Brocker into two games last weekend until Brocker got knocked out. Today, he should have brought Boyd into the game in the 8th.

Oh well, we'll see what happens in the second game.
Riverduck wrote:
Great start of this beautiful day.. beavs lose to the huskies, Ducks get a 4 hit shutout vs ASU. Will only be better if huskies and ducks win the series TODAY!!
3/31/2012 7:34:25 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, another win for the Ducks. You gus go up 2-0. The Beavs are hitting in the second game, but just haven't been able to get hits at the right time during the last 5-6 games. They have had leads in every game lately except the first game today against Washington, but can't hold on during the last few innings.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Congrats RiverDuck. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Ducks moving forward and the Beavs going backwards. One key diference I see between the teams in middle relievers and closers. I think having Horton act as the pitching coach has made a huge difference this year. The Beavs may have the worst pitching coach in the Country. The best example is how he brought Brocker into two games last weekend until Brocker got knocked out. Today, he should have brought Boyd into the game in the 8th.

Oh well, we'll see what happens in the second game.
Riverduck wrote:
Great start of this beautiful day.. beavs lose to the huskies, Ducks get a 4 hit shutout vs ASU. Will only be better if huskies and ducks win the series TODAY!!

you guys have the bats to contend with average pitchers. We have 3 good starters, 1 or two good relievers. Sherfy is kind of like wild thing in major league.. lol
3/31/2012 8:06:33 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Cats are looking tough again today, up 1-0 after 6. However, as you noted DM, they seem to play better when they trail for most of the game.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Stanford up 7-4 in the bottom of the 9th load the bases with free passes to Wildcats, then with one out give up two singles, the second one scoring three because of an error on the center fielder, and end up losing 8-7. Ouch.

That's exactly how the Cats came back on the Beavers all three games last weekend.
3/31/2012 8:45:01 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sounds like a real vote of confidence.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Beavs up 7-0. I'm okay if Yeskie wants to bring Brocker in.
3/31/2012 8:53:22 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Speaking of game tracker, my wife and daughter caught me watching gametracker of the Standford/Arizona game, listening to the Ducks game, watching and listening to the Beavers game online, and doing some work. My daughter just looked at me and asked me if I was retarded and then said I needed to get a life.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Konner Wade is pitching a gem against the Cardinal. He's only allowed one runner, a hit batsman in the 2nd. Oh-- spoke too soon. I was going to say a no hitter through 5-plus innings, and Lonnie Kauppila got the Cardinal's first hit, a single to pitcher, according to GameTracker. I hope that wasn't a cheapass bunt. If it was a swinging bunt or a nubber that barely made it to the mound, then okay. But it's moot. Jake Stewart followed that with a double. Still, AZ clinging to a 1-0 lead.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/31/2012
4/1/2012 6:03:40 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not looking forward to seeing my score this week. I picked ASU to sweep the Ducks. I think I need to play some reverse psychology. In fact, I'll start now. Next to the Beavers, the Ducks are my most favorite team in the world. Not only do they have wonderful athletic teams, I just love their liberal views.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Congrats for your sweep RD. Too bad you didn't make your picks. You probably would have picked yer ducks to sweep

I was thinking the same thing. We won't have scores final until tomorrow's Wazzu-USC game, but I already know the Duck sweep of ASU is now the lowest average score ever. And RD didn't pick this week. So sad....
4/3/2012 11:48:51 PM
Topic:
Stanford meltdown?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, is that Dan Quail hunting? DM, now I have a picture of my least favote Congresswoman in my head. I hope I don't have nightmares.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
I know the gods of the Devils....

Like Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Satan, Belphegor, Pelosi, Leviathan....

and let us not forget Cheney (dam. now I can't go quail hunting with him. Hmm one less thing on the bucket list)
4/3/2012 11:54:07 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 8

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
UCLA 2-1
OSU 2-1
Stan 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz - 2-1
WSU 2-1
4/3/2012 11:56:54 PM
Topic:
National Predictions: Week 8

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FSU 2 -1
UNC 2-1
Miss 2-1
Ark 2-1
NC State 2-1
4/5/2012 8:13:04 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I missed the Beaver's pregame show. Did anybody hear why Child started at pitcher and not Wetzler?
4/5/2012 9:54:56 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I think Casey and Yeskie have given up on this game. No reason to put in Rodriquez and Starr. Neither have pitched worth a darn this year.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Not real impressed tonight (hell, this season) with Nate. Time to pull Child and should have done it last inning.
4/5/2012 10:00:13 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Unbelievable. Bases clearing double. 8-2 now. While I understand that they want Starr to succeed as he has had 3 TJ surgeries, he just doesn't seem to get it done.

BeaverBob wrote:
I think Casey and Yeskie have given up on this game. No reason to put in Rodriquez and Starr. Neither have pitched worth a darn this year.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Not real impressed tonight (hell, this season) with Nate. Time to pull Child and should have done it last inning.
4/5/2012 11:13:05 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, be careful to count your Ducks before they have hatched.

Riverduck wrote:
Ducks play well vs good teams.. need to adjust that to ALL teams lol. Going for the series on Friday. Funny that Kendall admitted that Keudell is a good college pitcher.. Hmm 22 scoreless right now.. and the last two games were vs no slouches. A series win by the ducks, and a series loss by the beavs would ensure I win this week. REDEMPTION!!!
edited by Riverduck on 4/5/2012
4/6/2012 5:40:19 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not positive, but I think the following link will show the Beavers and ASU game tonight for free.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/pages/sundevils_stream
4/6/2012 8:20:15 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ophiman, I had to use FireFox. I couldn't open it with Explorer.

OpihiMan wrote:
Am I the only one having problems with the streaming link...the video will not load on any of my computers
4/6/2012 8:36:16 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, your Duckies are putting a whippin on the Bruins. 6-1, bottom of 5th.
4/6/2012 9:50:12 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yeskie didn't keep him in long.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Cole Brocker comes in. Um. Not sure how I feel about this.
4/7/2012 4:05:32 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I was getting ready to say that Brocker is pitching better, but no. He gives us two singles and a 3 run homer. Why not just bring in Boyd.

OpihiMan wrote:
Yeskie waits 1 batter too late again...come on...4 walks, 2 hit batters, no control in 5 innings nonetheless. He plays stupid little games and constantly loses...FIRE YESKIE! I'm starting the campaign! Casey has always done more with less but Yeskie always does less with more. He even is a stain on the Beaver Nation from a PR standpoint...note his DUII last year (maybe he should migrate south, he'd fit right in).
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72