BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oh, did I say Yeskie should be fired?
5/4/2012 8:47:16 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 12

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just so you know how I really feel. Yeskie has no business being a pitching coach at the D1 Level. He should be fired tonight. Don't even let him finish the game.
5/4/2012 8:50:46 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ophiman, I can't even stand looking at the guy on Beaver Online. What an arrogant A...... Glad I didn't go to the game tonight.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm bringing it back...FIRE YESKIE!

edited by BeaverBob on 5/4/2012
5/4/2012 8:58:27 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I gave up watching the game and starting watching Conforto's mom. I can say is WOW!

Dodger Matt wrote:
Every time my wife hears Michael Conforto’s name on the radio broadcasts, she repeats the name and asks about it. I assumed it was Italian. She looked it up and decided it’s Portuguese. (My wife lived much of her childhood in Brazil and speaks Portuguese, along with four other languages.) Anyway, on the pregame show tonight, Mike Parker was interviewing Conforto’s mom. (It’s moms’ weekend on the Corvallis campus, evidently.)

So Parker says Tracie Conforto was an Olympic gold medalist in synchronized swimming. (My wife was on this like lightning, checking her out online while the interview was going on, because of her fascination with the Conforto surname.) I was totally unaware of this athletic pedigree. Why? Because the personal bios on each player often list even remote great-uncles who played badminton for Ballet Woods Junior College in the 1920s, but there is nary a mention of mother Conforto on Michael’s bio. Dad? Played football at Penn State. Sister? Soccer at Azusa Pacific. Mom? Hmmm....

Well, Michael’s mom is a knockout. Here are a couple links to her synchronized swimming routines.
Why no mention of Tracie Ruiz-Conforto’s Olympic medals, Hank Hager?
5/4/2012 9:03:15 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It was funny listening to Mike Parker. Just his tone of voice when they brought Gorton into pitch. I think his exact words were "Interesting move. He hasn't pitched in nearly a month."

OpihiMan wrote:
Now he cycles through 4 pitchers and settles on Brocker?!?!? Maybe he really does want to get fired...he really is an idiot

5/4/2012 9:21:10 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck, congrats on another Duck win. Your pitching is tremendous. The difference between the Beavs and Ducks right now is the pitching coach. Horton might be the best in the Country. Yeskie, well, I think I have already said enough.
5/4/2012 9:29:32 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I wonder if Brocker is Yeski'se designated driver.
After Brocker gave up back to back HRs against Arizona, I'd never let him pitch again.Then, he gave up 4 runs the following night.

Okay, no more venting. Got to get ready for class tomorrow.

Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Now he cycles through 4 pitchers and settles on Brocker?!?!? Maybe he really does want to get fired...he really is an idiot

Brocker Baby! Yeah!!!

5/5/2012 11:13:24 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM and FB, good points about the fact that these really bad pitching decisions are not being made in a vacuum. However, Casey has threatened to retire at least three times since 2008. Perhaps he has already checked out is just letting Yeskie and Lees make these decisions. According to Parker, Lees is calling all of the offensive plays.

The rumor abut Casey retiring and Lees taking over next year has popped up several times. When he does retire, I’d rather see someone like Scott Brosius who is currently coaching at Linfield come in. What better recruiting draw than a coach who played for the Yankees, won a World Series Championship, and was also the MVP in the World Series. He has also been very successful in his 5 years at Linfield College.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Not sure if it is a "Fire Yeskie" bandwagon yet, But I am going to be in Oregon next weekend and I might just have to find Nate and whack some sense into him. Either that or take away his bottle. Maybe that's it.....he's too dam drunk during the games to make good decisions. But....DM, I think you are right. There is more to this than just Yeskie making bad moves. I can't see Casey just sitting back and letting Yeskie let everything to to hell in a handbasket and not say anything.

Dam frustrating.

Tomorrow. It's gotta get better cuz' it sure as hell can't get much worse. Well, it can, but not by a whole lot.
5/5/2012 11:22:23 AM
Topic:
Greatest College Players ever?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Let me throw Dave Winfield to the list.
5/5/2012 1:45:37 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
In his interview with Parker, Casey did take some blame when he said Yeskie should have only left Brocker in the game for one out. However, most of the blame was placed on the ptiching staff. I always thought leadership started at the top. I'd love to be able to blame my employees when bad decisions are made and peformance is not met.
5/6/2012 5:49:52 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Okay, I must confess, I'm texting and driving right now as I am on my way home from the Beavers game. FB, I can't agree more. Boyd is the best player on the team. He should be playing every inning. He may be the best hitter and is probably the best pitcher after Fry. He could also be the best position player. So, he gets to pitch to 4 batters and play 1 and a 1/3 inning all weekend. He hits one batter and Yeskie yanks him. What a confidence booster.

Okay, back to driving.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Why would/did Yeskie pull Boyd?!?!?! What a FU!

edited by BeaverBob on 5/6/2012
5/6/2012 7:21:05 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, just for you. A little Beaver Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FDtv1qeKI

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 12 scores

Borg makes it to the top of the list for the first time this season. If the Ducks had lost today’s game, he and I would have swapped scores.
  • 23.0 borgguy
  • 21.0 Dodger Matt
  • 20.0 RiverDuck
  • 19.0 OpihiMan
  • 19.0 BeaverBob
  • 19.0 MostUnknown
  • 19.0 FullertonBaseballFan
  • 19.0 Rowdy
  • 19.0 Duckfan127
  • 17.0 WildCard85
  • 17.0 cswanson2k7
  • 16.0 ASU74
  • 14.0 ConnorOSU

Holy moly......I musta did so poorly I dropped completely out of the weekend scores. Suicide

DM...can't I get any love for the week?S&M Abuse
5/6/2012 7:26:18 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, just in case you need a little more love and reassurance, I've pasted the Beaver song for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqklWJxUTo&feature=related

BeaverBob wrote:

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 12 scores

Borg makes it to the top of the list for the first time this season. If the Ducks had lost today’s game, he and I would have swapped scores.
  • 23.0 borgguy
  • 21.0 Dodger Matt
  • 20.0 RiverDuck
  • 19.0 OpihiMan
  • 19.0 BeaverBob
  • 19.0 MostUnknown
  • 19.0 Rowdy
  • 19.0 Duckfan127
  • 17.0 WildCard85
  • 17.0 cswanson2k7
  • 16.0 ASU74
  • 14.0 ConnorOSU

Holy moly......I musta did so poorly I dropped completely out of the weekend scores. Suicide

5/6/2012 11:13:44 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oh no, not my Beaver's Club Gold Membership card. I'm not sure I could go on with life.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 12 scores

• 23.0 borgguy
  • 21.0 Dodger Matt
  • 20.0 RiverDuck
  • 19.0 OpihiMan
  • 19.0 BeaverBob
  • 19.0 MostUnknown
  • 19.0 Rowdy
  • 19.0 Duckfan127
  • 17.0 WildCard85
  • 17.0 cswanson2k7
  • 16.0 ASU74
  • 14.0 ConnorOSU

BB,

You are in serious jeopardy of losing your Beaver's Club Gold Membership card. If the Boardroom hears that you referred to these otter as beavers you may be ejected from the clubhouse and may be disbarred permanantly. I promise they won't hear about it from me though.
5/7/2012 1:15:58 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, so many life lessons in this video. It should be required viewing for all college freshmen, especially down at the U of O.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Bob, since you seem to be interested in Canadian wildlife, I thought you might appreciate this video on spiders that the Canadian Wildlife Service put out.

I think I saw a sign near Lincoln City pointing to Crack Spider Beach a couple years ago.
5/9/2012 10:43:41 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 13

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I didn't think they still priinted Newspapers. What a concept. I use to have the Oregonian delivered to my house, mainly so I could use it as a liner for the cat box. But the paper has become so liberal over the years that my cat won't even do her business on it.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Connor, I'm not sure about this strategy of yours. But we'll see how it plays out.

Now this...Riverduck wrote:
WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

All right, I know a lot of folks don't use the Ariz abbreviation, and that one is understandable. But the first three of your picks I have to manually retype. WA, AZ, and OR are good if you work for the post office, but c'mon.

(At least you got the important ones right.)

Yeah.. sorry. I own a newspaper, and yeah, today I was printing labels for our subscriptions.. Lol
5/9/2012 10:57:14 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, neat stuff. I'll check out the publication.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't think they still priinted Newspapers. What a concept. I use to have the Oregonian delivered to my house, mainly so I could use it as a liner for the cat box. But the paper has become so liberal over the years that my cat won't even do her business on it.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Connor, I'm not sure about this strategy of yours. But we'll see how it plays out.

Now this...Riverduck wrote:
WA 2-1
AZ 2-1
OR 3-0
Stan 3-0
OSU 3-0
ASU 3-0

All right, I know a lot of folks don't use the Ariz abbreviation, and that one is understandable. But the first three of your picks I have to manually retype. WA, AZ, and OR are good if you work for the post office, but c'mon.

(At least you got the important ones right.)

Yeah.. sorry. I own a newspaper, and yeah, today I was printing labels for our subscriptions.. Lol

It is more of a local community paper that is driven my local advertising. We also have an online presence, and do printing and web design. I used to teach, and my wife was a nurse.. but we cashed it all in to live on the beautiful north santiam river. I also teach kayaking, and my wife is working on becoming a certified nutritionist. You can check out our paper
www.thecanyonweekly.com
5/9/2012 11:06:11 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RiverDuck, check your PG email.
5/11/2012 10:41:51 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ucla 2-1
Ariz 2-1
Ore 2-1
Stan 2-1
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
edited by BeaverBob on 5/11/2012
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73