Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/26/2012 12:30:02 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
They showed a great video celebrating Casey's 614th win last night after the game. It doesn't look like they have posted this video yet, but I'm posting a video of Casey celebrating his 500th victory (I also posted early in the year).

Good stuff.

http://www.osubeavers.com/allaccess/?media=129929
5/26/2012 8:00:58 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I flipped the radio station to listend to Jerry Allen and hear what he had to say. It was painful. At first, he was trying to say he wasn't sure if Conforto really caught the ball or if the runner was out at the plate. He said the homeplate call could have gone either way

Dodger Matt wrote:
"There might be some distortion on this final play because it got a little loud and exciting in the press box...."

What an understatement. "...And he is...OUT AT THE PLATE!!!!"

Parker hasn't said much about the apparent scuffle after the game or the fact that Horton and Casey didn't shake hands. Wondering about that last one.
5/26/2012 8:04:49 PM
Topic:
Race For The Pac-12 Title

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I just put my Arizona t-shirt on. I may have to get out my rally cap. Come on Zona.
5/26/2012 8:38:57 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, if it makes you feel any better, us Beavers understand your pain. We experienced that feeling last year and it sucks. I hope you are okay. Do you have somebody staying with you? Keeping an ey one you? Keep the weapons and pills out of distance. Stay away from tall buildings and busy roads.

Florida Beaver wrote:
RD....Where u at buddy?

It's okay. You still have a post season.

Does it hurt? doggy style

Hmmmm. Usually the beaver is in the front. Weird.
edited by Florida Beaver on 5/26/2012
5/26/2012 8:42:44 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I remember from last year. I caused havoc with a picture I loaded for a couple of days. However, DM, your picture is worth it.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Rats. I forgot this forum SW doesn't display images wider than a few inches,
and if you link to one, the edit and delete links are too far to the right to do
anything to fix it.
5/26/2012 8:49:06 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
If Arizona can't come back, and they are down 8-4 in the 5th, it looks like there will be a three-way tie between the Ducks, the Bruins, and the Wildcats. Any chance the Pac 12 gets two national seeds? Unfortuntately, if Zona loses tonight, I think the Ducks have the inside track to a national seed. I can see the committee giving them a national seed and then losing to the Beavers tomorrow and then having both the Bruins and Wildcats win. This would put the Ducks as a national seed and a third place Pac 12 finish.
5/26/2012 8:50:57 PM
Topic:
Pac-12...Softball

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD and Ducks fans, looks like you have some good news with your softball team. They are up on Texas big in the 5th inning. If they win tonight, they are on to the World Series.
5/26/2012 9:26:58 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OphiMan, I agree, but the Ducks have the tie breaker when it comes to automatic bid. Also, Horton is a favorite of the committee and the Ducks can be seen as a "Story" for the press.

OpihiMan wrote:
Bruins are even better than the ducks...RPI will be 1 tomorrow
5/27/2012 12:43:06 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great pictures. It was that spike of the ball (picture number 7) that got the Duck players bent out of shape and started the verbal spat. I love it. Rarely do you see the ball spiked in Baseball!!

Dodger Matt wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Two questions.. was not at game.. how close was the play at the plate, the catch, and the throw out at third in the first game..

I was at the first game, and the play at third was close. Didn't see a good replay, but my guess was he was safe.

The play at the plate yesterday: Check out the picture I linked to on the Civil War thread. Like Duck Jerry said, it "could have gone either way" because Gorton had the ball in his mitt a mere three or four feet in front of the plate when Alto crashed into him. It was a matter of inches...probably between 30 and 50 inches....

Several photos here.
5/27/2012 2:32:40 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sure looked like Warren was safe getting back to first. I left my radio in the car so didn't get a chance to hear Parker. Anybody watching on Beaver Online or listening to the game.
5/27/2012 3:03:51 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Starr not looking sharp today, but keeping the Duck's scoreless. Any idea of Child is going to pitch today?

BTW, I brought my IPad to the game today. It's hard to see the screen and I can't get gametracker because I need flash, but it allows me to get a little work done and post on the forum.
5/27/2012 3:18:59 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It would be good to see Bryant come in and do well and build some confidence before regionals.

Dodger Matt wrote:
I don't know about that. Starr has only walked one and hit one, and a lot of his pitches look dam good. I can see him going a couple more innings. Dan Child might come in if needed, but I would expect, if Starr goes seven, that the Beavers will use spot relievers for key matchups, to face one or two batters at a time, until the 8th or 9th.
5/27/2012 4:00:07 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I see Sherfy throwing pretty hard right now. Woudn't be suprised to see him come in right away.

Dodger Matt wrote:
The question I have is, how early will Horton go to Sherfy? And will he wait until the Ducks score a run or two and get close or figure he has to pull the lever even from a deficit to keep it close?
5/27/2012 4:08:24 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good and bad news. Beavers score two more. The guy sittng next to me says that the Sundevils just tied it up 7-7.
5/27/2012 4:14:31 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, Dunn has made some great plays this weekend. Just made another one for a double play.
5/27/2012 4:23:11 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Any updates on Arizona and UCLA? I hate not having access to gametracker.
5/27/2012 8:33:19 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 Predictions: Week 15

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Congrats MostUnkown. I remember all the hype about Stanford at the beginning of the year. Good to see the Bruins close the deal in the last week.

MostUnknown wrote:
So share or not, back to back conference titles AND a sweep of SC. Big Grin
edited by MostUnknown on 5/27/2012
5/27/2012 8:37:09 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'll take that second place finish to DM. Thanks again Matt for keeping a bunch of mainly middle-aged and a few young guys entertained for the last 15 weeks. I hope you have more in store for us during Regionals.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 15 scores
  • 24.0 Dodger Matt
  • 22.0 BeaverBob
  • 21.0 OpihiMan
  • 20.0 MostUnknown
  • 20.0 Rowdy
  • 19.0 ASU74
  • 19.0 ConnorOSU
  • 19.0 FullertonBaseballFan
  • 18.0 Florida Beaver
  • 17.0 borgguy
  • 17.0 Duckfan127
  • 16.0 WildCard85
  • 15.0 RiverDuck
This is Dodger Matt's first time at the top of the weekly scores. And with BeaverBob and OpihiMan--the bottom two on our season averages--filling out the top three, it was a good weekend for Beaver fans. If only Oregon State had done as well every weekend, I think these three guys would have done better in the prediction scores as well.
  • Nobody got all six series correct, but Dodger Matt and MostUnknown got four of six.
  • 11 of 13 correctly picked UW 2-1 over Wazzu.
  • The top three scorers this week were the only ones to correctly pick Oregon State to sweep Oregon in the glorious Civil War payback that knocked the Ducks out of first place.
  • Only Connor correctly picked Utah to get swept.
  • Nobody picked Cal 2-1 over Stanford.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/27/2012
5/27/2012 8:41:21 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, you doing okay out there? Haven't seen much of you lately. You are quite a sport to take our abuse. I feel like I should send you a bag of cracked corn (that's what the Ducks in my backyard like to eat). Perhaps some cracked corn with a little Jack Daniels mixed in.
I've been doing some reading on these Ducks. Some of the male ducks have a penis up to 10 inches long. WOW, very impressive.

Good luck to the Ducks in the Regionals. I think Horton will have them ready. Being swept might be a blessing.
5/27/2012 11:49:02 PM
Topic:
PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (5.28)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, unfortunately, I understand why Stanford is hosting a regional and OSU is not. Pat Casey was not a happy camper when the 16 host sites were announced today. Really though, how can the committee justify giving Stanford a regional and not OSU. They have the same records 18-12. OSU won the series. OSU finishes strong and sweeps a top 10 team. Stanford loses its last series against a mediocre team. OSU has to be on the road for nearly the first month of the season and Stanford largely stays at home. It seems to me that Stanford is living off of its early season predictions and being ranked number 1. I guess when you have the same people saying that Standford is the best team in the Country and then finishes tied for 4th with OSU, its no wonder.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/28/2012
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73