Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

6/25/2012 8:29:24 PM
Topic:
Dog Pile

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oh, I thought you were going to show a picture of a pile from a dog. My neighbor dog keeps leaving dog piles in my yard.
6/25/2012 8:40:19 PM
Topic:
UA vs SC

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, are you at home practicing a dog pile with your wife? Is she on the bottom of the pile?

Riverduck wrote:
Yes! Now we are set up for the Dog Pile!!!

edited by BeaverBob on 6/25/2012
6/25/2012 8:46:46 PM
Topic:
Post Season Pac Predictions..

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Fair assessment. I might move Stanford up a notch.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ok, season is almost over for everyone.. I am going to throw out my top 5 just from my gut. Please, feel free to throw in some dialogue on your prospective team, why they may finish higher than my prediction. I am not up to how many teams will lose key positions, but I will take a bite.
1. Oregon
2. Arizona
3. OSU
4. UCLA
5.ASU
edited by Riverduck on 6/25/2012

1 Arizona
2 Oregon State (because we whooped #4 and beat #1, 3 and #5 in regular season)
3 UCLA
4 Oregon
5 Stanford
6/25/2012 8:50:33 PM
Topic:
Oregon State Assistant Marty Lees Takes Job at OSU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The mother of Jesus.

Why do you ask?

Oh, I see. Marty had a little operation and now goes by Mary.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB,
Who is Mary?

Is that ASU74's real name?

LOL
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/25/2012

edited by BeaverBob on 6/25/2012
6/25/2012 9:01:58 PM
Topic:
See You all Next Year

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It's been fun. I hope to see you all next year.
6/25/2012 9:11:20 PM
Topic:
See You all Next Year

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ohhhhh
6/25/2012 10:46:12 PM
Topic:
See You all Next Year

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Michael, if you get to a football game this year, swing by our tailgate spot, right behind the Softball field.

OpihiMan wrote:
Have a great years guys, nice to see the Cats making the best conference in the nation proud
6/25/2012 10:47:26 PM
Topic:
See You all Next Year

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Purrrrr. Can't help myself. Should have stopped at a bottle of wine.

Florida Beaver wrote:
and stop moaning. sounds kinda weird, ya know?
6/25/2012 10:51:42 PM
Topic:
Ideas to increase traffic on this forum

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, my vocabularly grows by the day - puerile humor. I would also suggest we bombard Kendall and get him involved in a little higher level discussion.
Dodger Matt wrote:
There is another LSU fan here, AstroTiger, I think? But I don't see him that often.

So, the consensus to increase traffic, based on the responses, is to start more nonbaseball puerile humor topics! I'll keep that in mind. Whaaaaa?
6/25/2012 10:54:51 PM
Topic:
BEAR DOWN Arizona 2012 CWS Champions!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Congrats Rowdy and the Cats. Glad to see the Pac 12 is back on top.

Rowdy wrote:
I guess I am one of the happiest PAC-12 fans on this board. Arizona played the most solid post season campaign I have seen in quite some time. The bats were red hot all year but the starters matured at the right time, consistently went the distance and the defensive plays made in the CWS made this a tough team to beat....even intimidating these past few games as to how well they played and how they came together at the right times.
4 CWS titles...awesome! This team has what it takes to make it back to Omaha.
Congratulations to all the players and to a really fantastic USC team that created history in back to back titles and a stoic defense of a third.

I will see you all next year!Rowdy
6/25/2012 11:43:26 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, great points. I too like Pat Bailey. I worked with him at GFU for several years when he coached baseball and taught in the business department. I was never sure why he left GFU unless Casey had committed a future opportunity to him. Perhaps the money is slightly better, but couldn't be that much better.

It just seems like the missing ingredient over the last 3-4 years has been consistent pitching. Also, way too many pitchers having Tommy John surgery.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Wow. Well, not knowing anything about it until now and just speculating, here are a few things to consider:

• Casey's pending retirement has always seemed like smoke to me. I don't see the guy going off into the sunset all that soon, and not now especially with a great team set for the next two years. Plus now that Lees is gone? He will want to make sure things are settled before leaving. IMO, chances that Casey leave in the next three years are diminished (if they were ever really that high) by this announcement.
  • I have wondered who would replace Casey when the time comes. Although I have respected Marty Lees, I have long been in favor of Pat Bailey taking on that mantle, and it looks like he is the heir-apparent now that the long-timer is gone. Bailey is a great guy, and a national champion coach in his own right, having taken the Division III crown while at George Fox.
  • Nate Yeskie has only been a volunteer? Hmm. And Dan Spencer has lost his job as head coach at his alma mater Texas Tech? And one of my favorite former players, RHP Kevin Gunderson, was seen at Goss this year talking to Casey about helping with the pitching staff? How much better could the stars align? I don't see Casey throwing Yeskie under the bus...not directly; not his style. But if there is enough turmoil in the coaching staff that is not of his initiation, and he feels this is a way to create more stability and make some changes that a lot of fans have been clamoring for now for a few years, it could be the best thing for Beaver fans. I don't know that Spence will come back that easily, to be assistant coach again. Maybe. Unless he is given second-in-command status, which means no to Bailey. Maybe he comes in as a volunteer like Yeskie is now and eventually there is some other change. Don't know. Too many options here.
  • Is Pac-12 (someday-to-be 16) expansion out of the question for the next few years? The way the Big XII was cannibalized, it might not be that farfetched to think that the Oklahoma schools, Texas, and one other Lone Star school might make up the Southwest Division of the Pac-16, to go along with the Mountain Division (Colorado, Utah, ASU, Arizona) Golden Division (UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford) and Pacific Northwest Division (Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State). With the SEC taking on schools 13 and 14, their eventual grab of two more seems inevitable, and the race for superconferences of 16 teams will be on. And if you slice them in half for playoff purposes, a division of eight teams (the Southwest and Mountain Divisions mentioned above) would be like an improved Big XII for those teams, with the advantage of playing the two western divisions' champion for a chance at the national title against the SEC champ in football. Texas and the OK schools get to play ASU and Arizona every year. I'm rambling here, sorry. Not sure there is even an indirect connection with Lees going to OkSt, but it seems like some great coincidences. We could see him in Corvallis every other year in the future anyway.
Perhaps just my imagination working overtime.
6/26/2012 9:05:42 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks Kendall. Haven't been impressed with Yeskie. What a surprising decision.

Kendall wrote:
After breaking the Lees information the other day, I also broke the news that Nate Yeskie would be promoted to his position. That's a done deal.
6/26/2012 9:19:41 PM
Topic:
Ideas to increase traffic on this forum

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry guys, I'm not all that familiar with southern humor unless it involves dating your cousins. For us Oregon guys, I've post a linked to Lousiana boudin.

http://www.louisianasausageking.com/louisianaboudinpage.htm
edited by BeaverBob on 6/26/2012
6/27/2012 10:16:53 PM
Topic:
BEAR DOWN Arizona 2012 CWS Champions!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, your very articulate discription of the "COW" schools is dead on. I might also add that Eugene is the home of the anarchist. Eugene also banned Christmas trees and Christmas from any public representations. I'm always amazed at how Phil Knight is able to put up with such liberal and elitist views as conservative as he is.

I really appreciate land grant schools such as OSU and WSU.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Seriously? The worst of the worst: the Calestine Golden Camels (aka UC Berserkley). The COW (Cal, Oregon, Washington) schools are the big lefties, although Stanford probably looks normal because of its proximity to the Calestinians. I have to say though that the kids on the Cal BASEBALL team look decent, and in that respect it's hard to root against them. But I know that institution. When you have a student body government that opposes flying an American flag on campus on 9/11 because they don't want to hurt the feelings of their students, there is something seriously wrong with the "thinking" going on there.

I worked with a Cal grad for a while. When the Beavers stomped them at their place in football one year (when Cal was ranked 2 in the nation, I think), I had great fun telling him I had seen video of Cal fans leaving the stadium who were so dejected they THREW AWAY their flammable US flags WITHOUT EVEN LIGHTING THEM ON FIRE! Hundreds of American flags in Berkeley trash cans, still in their protective plastic baggies, and not a single one singed. Big Grin
6/27/2012 10:25:58 PM
Topic:
Kendall - Curious About Your Story

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, if you are willing to share, I'd love to know your story. How did you get involved with writing? Why college baseball? What was your journey to get to this point in your career? What is your ultimate career goal?

Thanks for whatever information you are willing to share.
6/30/2012 8:45:25 PM
Topic:
Kendall - Curious About Your Story

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for sharing Kendall. I agree -- you have done a very nice job and most of us particpate in this forum do so because of your presence.
7/10/2012 10:13:19 PM
Topic:
The Cory Hahn Foundation

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, thanks for posting this article. I'd love to find a source showing what the standard coverage is for athletes regarding catasrophic injuries. At a minimum, one would think that the University would make sure players that suffer these types of injuries don't have to worry about money.
8/11/2012 11:20:16 AM
Topic:
Beavers Pitcher Jace Fry - Tommy John Surgery

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It looks like Jace Fry will have to sit next year as he recovers from Tommy John Surgery.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2012/08/oregon_state_pitcher_jace_fry.html
edited by BeaverBob on 8/11/2012
8/13/2012 10:41:00 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, good to see you in the forum. Fry was perhaps the best pitcher on the staff. He will be sorely missed. I had hopes of seeing the Beavers in the CWS. This is a real set back.

I hope you are enjoying your summer.

edited by BeaverBob on 8/13/2012
8/18/2012 10:17:52 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Glad to see you are keeping the liver in shape. We have had Scottsdale like heat the last couple of weeks. Just trying to stay cool. I'm starting to look forward to Football season. It should be an interesting Pac 12 season with all of the new coaches. It looks like UO and USC are clear favorites. What's the word on your Sun Devils?

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
ASU74, good to see you in the forum. Fry was perhaps the best pitcher on the staff. He will be sorely missed. I had hopes of seeing the Beavers in the CWS. This is a real set back.

I hope you are enjoying your summer.

edited by BeaverBob on 8/13/2012

BB
This place has been a morgue over the summer. Can't wait for the schedules to come out.

Had birthday party in Scottsdale last weekend & not sure if I'm still hung over or still intoxicated.beer

How has your's been?

edited by BeaverBob on 8/18/2012
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72