Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

9/26/2012 9:49:15 PM
Topic:
Update on George Horton and Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
See article about Horton and Ducks below. It's really unfortunate that the Ducks have given in to Horton. The baseball team has lost a ton of money, forced the Wrestling team to shut down, and Horton is the second best college baseball coach in Oregon, but making double what Pat Casey makes.

'With boost from Nike, Oregon baseball coach George Horton optimistic his new deal will get done soon"

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/09/with_boost_from_nike_oregon_ba.html#incart_river_default
edited by BeaverBob on 9/27/2012
9/28/2012 9:08:41 PM
Topic:
ASU Baseball's 2012 Freshman Class

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good to see the Sun Devils bouncing back after a year of probation.
10/4/2012 11:25:58 PM
Topic:
ASU Baseball's 2012 Freshman Class

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It's really hit and miss. Expect temps in the 50s. If we get lucky, maybe a day full of sunshine.

Let me know if you decide to travel north. I have three season tickets.
edited by BeaverBob on 10/4/2012
11/6/2012 9:41:20 PM
Topic:
Horton Agrees to New Contract with Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/11/oregon_baseball_coach_george_h.html#incart_river
12/14/2012 5:51:56 PM
Topic:
Turkey Day

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hope you had a good Turkey day. I can't wait for baseball to start.

ASU74 wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving guys....baseball is right around the corner.....is there any D1 team called the Turkeys?....oh well I guess Ducks taste just as good....did anyone notice their football jerseys with the wings on the shoulders?.....I hope they don't try that style in baseball.
Duhh
12/23/2012 11:26:11 PM
Topic:
Collegiate Baseball Top 40 Preseason Poll

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, thanks for posting. Looks like a bunch of Pac 12 teams in the top 25. What are you expecting for ASU?

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy NewYear.
12/28/2012 2:00:19 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, good to hear from you. I agree -- the Beavs are are in a good place. I just wish Fry wasn't out out for the season. Regarding Yeskie, I heard he will still be the Beavs pitching coach in addition to his other duties. Oh well -- his coaching will give us something to talk about.

I hope you and your family had a great Christmas. Looking forward to getting baseball underway.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB. Nice to see you here. I like where we are. I hope we pan out like we should. With Yeskie going to a different position with the team, who will be the pitching coach? Some one with a bit of good sense I hope.
1/6/2013 7:43:23 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm loving the discussion here. I wish we had more on this forum. While I am neither a Texas or Rice fan, I can understand the passion and arguments from both sides.
1/6/2013 7:47:03 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Come on ASU 74. I have the perfect elixer for a hangover. If you change your mind, let me know. I'll have a ticket waiting for you. I'm sure us Beaver regulars, even good ole River Duck would love to see you in our Beaver State.

ASU74 wrote:
Hay Guys....less then 50 days to go....was considering coming up to Beaver Land to see ASU, but geeezz a 7 hour flight from Houston.....I'd be working on my 2nd hang over even before I started the drive from Portland.

Rice opens their season against Stanford down here so the chance to get to see Appel who will be a 1st rounder if not the #1 pick is too good and convenient to pass up.

Will also get to see Cal at Rice. Last time I saw them here, they defeated Baylor in the SR & took off to the CWS.

The Razorbacks will be at ASU for the Coke Classic...they will play them twice. I got a 6 pack of St Pauli Girl wager with my Razorback friend. Only a sweep will win. I'll be there for that!

I was hunting a week ago & I swear I saw RD flying over.....I missed & he got away, but some of his brothern ended up on the dinner table.Gun

You all have a Happy & safe New Year.Applause
1/10/2013 9:28:51 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, I'll hold you to your offer. I'm actually getting down to the Phoenix area on a regular basis with my new job. I love the weather this time of year.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Come on ASU 74. I have the perfect elixer for a hangover. If you change your mind, let me know. I'll have a ticket waiting for you. I'm sure us Beaver regulars, even good ole River Duck would love to see you in our Beaver State.

BB
I know what your "elixer" is.....the way to cure a hangover is to stay drunk!Toast

I truely appreciate your offer & I'd like to see you guys also. I did double check the flight schedule & the last flight out of Portland on Sunday is 3:00 pm. The Sunday game starts @ 12:05....long way to go for 2 games.

How's about next year we all meet half way & meet in Tempe for the series? I'll buy the 1st round. beer
I'm pretty sure it will not rain nor snow during the game!
edited by ASU74 on 1/7/2013
edited by ASU74 on 1/7/2013
1/10/2013 9:30:37 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
HSF, what's your story? It looks like you are fairly new to this forum. What team do you suppport?

HSF wrote:
I would love to go to a game in Corvallis myself.
Especially this year to see Conforto in person....he's a beast
1/10/2013 9:34:42 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I hope all is well. I just spent a few days in Mobile, Alabama. It kind of reminded me of Albany, Oregon, but with even more rednecks and less sophistication. I felt right at home

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB. Nice to see you here. I like where we are. I hope we pan out like we should. With Yeskie going to a different position with the team, who will be the pitching coach? Some one with a bit of good sense I hope.
1/10/2013 9:38:50 PM
Topic:
Kendall

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. I'm just curious as to what you have in store for us this season. Anything new and exciting?

I really enjoy the forum and work you do.
1/20/2013 9:37:34 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see you DM. Now, the College Baseball Season and banter can begin. I can't wait for your leadership of our weekly Pac 12 predictions and results (please tell me you are going to manage the predictions again). Then, some additional commentary from ASU 74, some real, in-depth anal ysis from FB, words of wisdom from Ophiman, and some mental masturbation from RiverDuck, I can come out of my Winter Depression.

The season is just around the corner.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!

edited by BeaverBob on 1/20/2013
1/20/2013 9:41:25 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, it's great to have such a talented poet like yourself in the forum. Here is to a good year!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? OSU fourth in the Pac-12 behind UCLA, Stanford, and Oregon this year? No way. Despite the absence of Jace Fry, the Beavers have so much talent returning, especially seniors, that they will be tops in the conference. You heard it here first. Beware the Beavers!

Fear every type Beaver out there. Southern, Florida, Bob, Boop or Seattle. Northern, Eastern, Western and the little known Artic beaver (this are usually older beavers with bad arms). Fully furred, bald or stylized. Cooked, raw, stoked, stoned (in the case of a Washington or Colorado beaver) or drunk. Uptight, sloppy, dry or wet. And when to comes to playing with balls and trying to put them balls in the pocket or handling them bats with the efficiency of a pro, well I tell ya, there isn't anyone better at doing that than beavers.

Yeah DM (nice to see you here btw). The P12 better beware them Beavers.

We are talking the baseball team in Corvallis, right?
2/12/2013 9:53:33 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good to see you RiverDuck. I was afraid you may have been eaten by an opossum or shot by a Duck hunter.

Riverduck wrote:
And that Conforto guy.. He is going to absolutely have the most-_______ In the pac 12. Fill in the blank. I say walks.

edited by BeaverBob on 2/12/2013
2/13/2013 9:16:41 PM
Topic:
NCAA D1 Baseball Strength of Schedule for 2013

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The SE Conference doesn't appear until no. 13 and again at 17 and 18. However, they have 5 teams in the top ten rankings. Looks like they take a similiar approach as they do in football - start the season by beating up a buch of patsies.

ASU74 wrote:
http://boydsworld.com/baseball/sos/sos2013.html

Wow! 1st 9 are Pac teams with Washington ST in at #24

It will be an uphill battle for the Pac. Conference play.....fa getta bout it....a free for all beating up on each other.
Darth Lightsabers

edited by BeaverBob on 2/13/2013
2/13/2013 9:24:43 PM
Topic:
Matt Boyd is such a great kid

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for posting Matt. I've wondered why they haven't maximized his talent and ability to play multipe positions and hit. He started in a variety of positions his freshmen year and was a heck of a hitter.

Alan Simpson has him rated as the number 3 draft prospect for Seniors.

RKPlayerPOS.B-THTWTSchoolHometownSTLast DraftedBirthdate1Mark AppelRHPR-R6-5215StanfordSan RamonCAPirates '12 (1)7/15/19912Brandon ThomasOFB-R6-3205Georgia TechAtlantaGAPirates '12 (4)2/7/19913Matt BoydLHP/1BL-L6-3215Oregon StateMercer IslandWAReds '12 (13)2/2/19914Buck FarmerRHPL-R6-4230Georgia TechConyersGABrewers '12 (15)2/20/1991
Dodger Matt wrote:
I just love this guy. I am so glad he decided to stick around for his senior year. (I never doubted that he would.) I love his attitude, his love of life and of the game, his humor, his passion for all things Beaver Nation. I hope they continue to do these videos. It shows what fun it is in the Beaver locker room.

Thank you, Matt!

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021313aab.html

edited by BeaverBob on 2/13/2013
2/13/2013 11:35:53 PM
Topic:
The Pac Title

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I thought 19 was the age of your wife.

Florida Beaver wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
FB
Conference victories.

Sorry. I wasn't wearing my glasses.

2/17/2013 5:55:09 PM
Topic:
Oregon @ Hawaii Live Video

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks Ophiman. I'm impressed with the quality of broadcast
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73