Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

2/17/2013 9:17:13 PM
Topic:
Oregon @ Hawaii Live Video

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Let's try to find a game that we can meet up again. We can get DM to come along and even RD. I know the Duckies are playing in Corvallis, but need to get my schedule out. I went from three to two season tickets as my daughter can get in free as she is a student. However, I can usually round up a couple of extra tickets when I am teaching down there.

OpihiMan wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Thanks Ophiman. I'm impressed with the quality of broadcast

Yeah, there is no other sports out there...this is just a live feed of whats on TV out there. Decent production, though the quality actually went down as Hawaii awarded the contract to another company. But when you have no pro sports within 3,000 miles the college contract becomes lucrative and you get a pro-style production out of it.
2/17/2013 9:19:35 PM
Topic:
Orange & Black Beavers...finally get a win?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for the interesting info SB. The Beaver reach is everywhere.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
Caltech Beavers and OSU Beavers have something in common... Pedro Duarte, a member of OSU's first baseball team (1893... no, 1907 is not the true start of OSU baseball), came to OSU from Throop Academy... the school that eventually became Caltech. A star from our first team also starred at Caltech.
2/17/2013 9:22:33 PM
Topic:
Where are ya gonna be opening day?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I gotta know if the two of you hooked up. I'd love to hear about what you saw. Is Stanford not as good as predicted, or is Rice better than predicted?

weg313 wrote:
weg313 wrote:
ASU74 wrote:
weg313 wrote:
Flying down to Houston on Thursday (from frigid Chicago-- it's 2 degrees above today with windchills in the negative 30s), and will be in my usual seats in the 2nd row behind the home plate screen for the Rice - Stanford series. I'm assuming Kendall will be manning the gun several rows back from me.

WEG313e
I'll be on the 3rd base side behind the dugout pulling for the Pac & looking like...........a Sun Devil. FYI it will be in the mid 70's here today. During the Regional last year we were able to get a beer at the Owl's nest. Thirsty?

ASU74
We appear to be of the same era, as I graduated from Rice in '78. Let's touch base closer to the game. I'd love to have a beer with you in The Roost (down the 3rd base line), but I usually attend the Rice Baseball Parents' tailgate prior to the game, so I doubt I'll get into Reckling more than 30 minutes prior to game time.

ASU, I doubt I'll make it into Reckling much before game time today; however, tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be in The Roost down the 3B line early, as we have an Owl Club tailgate there with the 2003 national championship team. If you'd like to grab a beer around 1:00pm tomorrow, I'll be there. How can I find you-- if you're wearing a Sun Devil cap I should be able to single you out.

edited by BeaverBob on 2/17/2013
2/17/2013 9:36:43 PM
Topic:
Preseason Predicted Field of 64

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall,I enjoy reading your predictions, even though they are made early in the season and much will change come playoff time. I heard George Horton interviewed the other day and he said he thought both the Ducks and the Beavers would have special seasons and he would be suprised if both were not in the CWS. I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding the following:

Who do you think has the best pitching staff between the Ducks and Beavrs?
How about the best hitting team?
Who is better - Horton or Casey?
When it comes to politics and seeding, who has the most pull? Horton or Casey?

Thanks Kendall
2/18/2013 9:54:40 PM
Topic:
Oregon @ Hawaii Live Video

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I caught the game on 590 kugn (steaming), a Eugene station.

Dodger Matt wrote:
I caught the tail end too. Thanks for the link. I tried at work, but it was an endless buffering loop. And I thought Duck Baseball was on KUIK in the Portland area, but I guess not during the week. Lame.

Lame Duck.
2/20/2013 9:35:46 PM
Topic:
Week 1 in Pac 12 Baseball

BeaverBob
BeaverBob

ASU 74, how you feeling about your Devils so far?
2/21/2013 9:46:55 PM
Topic:
Live Video Links now pinned at the top

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks Ophiman. Just got home in time to see Conforto hit a triple.

OpihiMan wrote:
Here you go beavers...

Click here
2/22/2013 9:27:06 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Duckies still down 5-1 in the bottom of the 8th.

OpihiMan wrote:
Duckies getting plucked right now in their home opener...5-0 going into the bottom of the 5th. Still alot of baseball left though.
2/22/2013 9:28:07 PM
Topic:
Matt Boyd is on fire

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Can't believe they are taking Matt out.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Complete game shutout for Beaver Matt?
2/22/2013 9:31:31 PM
Topic:
Matt Boyd is on fire

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Reminds me of his work during his Freshmen year. The Beavs should have a great starting rotation. I'm assuming Wetzler, Child, and Boyd? However, Moore looks good too.
edited by BeaverBob on 2/22/2013
2/22/2013 9:35:16 PM
Topic:
ASU @ Tenn Live Link

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, wish I would have caught your link earlier in the day. Is tomorrow's game being streamed?
2/22/2013 9:54:00 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for the link Michael. I had a hard time finding radio for the Ducks tonight.
2/22/2013 9:57:04 PM
Topic:
Matt Boyd is on fire

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, gotta think that having Buck on the coaching staff has made a big difference and will really impact this group of pitchers when the season heats up.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Bob, this team is set up for postseason success. Remember Daniel Turpen was a number four or five starting pitcher for OSU in 2006 and destroyed top-seeded Rice in the first of two come-from-behind Beaver victories. It's too bad we don't have Fry, but those three plus the couple of freshman arms we have in reserve equals a very strong four- or five-arm punch.
2/22/2013 10:00:22 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Looks that way, but wasn't sure. I saw the Pac 12 link for the Ducks game, but didn't bother clicking on it earlier tonight.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm pretty sure, though not positive that the Duck and Beaver home games this year will be free (video) through Pac-12 website. BeaverBob wrote:
Thanks for the link Michael. I had a hard time finding radio for the Ducks tonight.

edited by BeaverBob on 2/22/2013
2/22/2013 10:06:49 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great night. Beavs win and so does LMU. Looks like Pac 12 had a good night overall.
2/22/2013 10:13:48 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Well done.

OpihiMan wrote:
Some digging around and I found this link... Live Video for Beavers (at home)
2/22/2013 11:02:01 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I feel for your wife.

Riverduck wrote:
When I had all four pulled out- I had a numb tongue for seven years. That was bad.
2/22/2013 11:21:36 PM
Topic:
Rice @ Hawai'i Live Streaming Link

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Walt, I'm curious if you made the trip to Hawaii to watch your Owls?
2/22/2013 11:46:42 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just trying to look out for our friend RD. I did a little research on Duck Tongues. I've included an excerpt from the article and the link to the article if you are so compelled to read more.

Duck tongue?" my housemate asked with her eyebrows furled. "I didn't know ducks had tongues!"
For duck-tongue novices, the nature of the organ can elicit both confusion and curiosity. Why do ducks even possess tongues? Do they need them to quack?
For lovers of the delicacy, the question as to what makes the organ so prized is a no-brainer. Surrounded by a faint hint of meat and papery thin layers of cartilage, duck tongue is predominately a vehicle for juicy pockets of fat. At barely two inches in length, the tongue may seem small and insubstantial, but its flavor is intensely ducklike. When freshly fried, duck tongues are positively addicting with a crisp surface and a creamy, slightly fatty interior that melts in your mouth.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/nasty-bits-fried-duck-tongue-offal-recipe.html

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB, you, my friend, are a riot!
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, I feel for your wife.

Riverduck wrote:
When I had all four pulled out- I had a numb tongue for seven years. That was bad.
2/23/2013 3:12:26 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. SDSU Saturday

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Me too. My timing has been great for each of the first few games. When I finally get around to turning on the game, the Beavers have just scored their first runs.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Okay, that's a little duck-tongue in cheek. They'll do the switcheroo once they see the SDSU pitcher, but I'd still like to see Boyd swinging it again.

edited by BeaverBob on 2/23/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72