Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/19/2011 10:35:51 PM
Topic:
Miss State suspends player for flipping off....

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
It's a hard question to answer. On one hand you have the moral high road and on the other, our legal system. I have worked in the state and municipal correctional field for over 20 years. I've seen a LOT of scumbags come through the back door. I've also seen some real crappy arrests made because the alleged "criminal" was arrested for POP (pissing off police) I've got to say, not every person arrested is guilty of their crime. Most are, but not all. If you penalize someone for this type of offense and he is not guilty, how do you take the penalty back? If he pleads out, is found guilty or is arrested for the same offense, I say then you penalize him. On this one, it is not like he is physically threatening another person (ie; demestic violence or armed robbery) and judgement by the school/coach should wait until the judicial system has run it's course. IMO it is the best way to proceed. (BTW, remember the .22 rifle shooting incident? I don't think they served any suspension for that, or if they did it was minimal. And that was a more serious issue, in my book)

FB, you make a good case for your argument. I'm ready to let go and move on. While I can understand your points and agree with some, I'm not sure we will come to complete agreement. I'm ready to move on to the fun stuff: supporting what might be the best team in college baseball -- The OSU Beavers.
4/19/2011 10:43:23 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 10 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob

ASU 2-1

Stan 2-1
Taking a big risk here, but I think Stanford will get back on track

OSU 3-0
I know this is a stretch after two previous weeks of OSU sweeps

Ore 3-0
I think the Ducks are ready to break out

USC 2-1
4/20/2011 2:51:38 PM
Topic:
Regional Host - Super Regional Host

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SouthernBeaver wrote:
They also have to apply to host the Super Regional BEFORE the Regional takes place. Case in point... in 2007 (maybe 06?) when Oregon State took on Michigan in the Super Regional, we got to host it because Michigan, knowing it was a crazy long-shot underdog in its Regional, never bothered to apply to host the next round. Had they bothered, they would have had priority over OSU.

I think Michigan was also having their stadium renovated and weren't sure if it would be ready by the Super Regional date.
4/22/2011 11:53:32 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Wazzu

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I caught part of the game online tonight. We decided to spend the weekend in Bend, Oregon and my wife had to pry me away from the computer when the Beavs were down 4-0. I'm glad she did because we had a great steak dinner and bottle of wine at the Pine Tree Restraurant, one of my favorite places. I forgot my radio, so was only thinking about the first losss in over 10 games. She said they'll come back and win -- it's what they have been doing lately. While she somtimes tags along to the games with me, I was really suprised that she actually knew what was going on. Well, when we came back from dinner, the score was tied 6 to 6 and they pulled it out in the 9th. So, if I die tonight, I'll die a happy man. A great steak dinner, a nice bottle of wine, and a Beaver win.
4/22/2011 11:56:23 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Other than the Oregon/Arizona series, I could be batting 1000. I picked Oregon 3-0, but it looks like they lost a close one, 2-1.
4/23/2011 7:07:21 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Oh- we should start a poll to see if the ducks RPI will break 75 from 112. Heck who even knows how the RPI thing works, but winning a series against a 34 should help. Who will it help or hurt more.. comments?

RiverDuck, I wasn't able to find a radio station or a place that had the Beavers on TV while I am in Bend, so I listened to most of the Duck Game. Duck's radio announcer Jerry Allen has grown on me over the years. While I really like listening to Mike Parker, Allen probably has a better radio voice. I'd actually like to see the Ducks do fairly well the rest of the way. If they can win a series against UCLA and Cal, it should help out the Beavs.
4/23/2011 9:42:47 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Oh- we should start a poll to see if the ducks RPI will break 75 from 112. Heck who even knows how the RPI thing works, but winning a series against a 34 should help. Who will it help or hurt more.. comments?

RiverDuck, I wasn't able to find a radio station or a place that had the Beavers on TV while I am in Bend, so I listened to most of the Duck Game. Duck's radio announcer Jerry Allen has grown on me over the years. While I really like listening to Mike Parker, Allen probably has a better radio voice. I'd actually like to see the Ducks do fairly well the rest of the way. If they can win a series against UCLA and Cal, it should help out the Beavs.

Yeah, I actually enjoy listening to parker as well. He is a pro, and has experience with a team who has won it all, which means alot. I am an old bendite.. Did the Pine Tavern change their name? It has been a long time since I have eaten there, but year that tree in the restaurant is cool. I just got done with a 15k trail run in my backyard, and enjoyed the way the ducks played today. Felt good to watch Mcgough have success. He had a really rough, rough start of the year. Kudos for his turnaround.. thus far.

No, it is still called the Pine Tavern. I think I called it the Pine Tree Restaurant earlier.
4/25/2011 7:58:53 PM
Topic:
Polls?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
Okay. Homerism time. USA/ESPN stupidity poll. Oregon State won their 4th straight consecutive conference series and sit at 10-2 in conference, 1/2 game ahead of ASU. And DROP a spot from #8 to 9!!!!!! ASU, who was swept by the Beavs, beat a suddenly anemic 24-12 Cal , who has also lost 2 straight series, jumped from 9 to 7. FSU, 14-7 in conference, sweeps a home series over 20-23 conference powerhouse Duke, and jumps 3 spots to #8?

While Baseball America has Oregon State ranked at #3 (a bit high in my estimation), Collegiate Baseball has OSU ranked at #6 (about right) and PG has the Beavers coming up from 10 to 9, behind a #7 CSF (which lost their weekend series to a red hot 18-17 Cal Poly) and one behind a surprising 2 loss week Fresno who lost to who else but , Cal Poly and Sac State.

I can't wait to see what NCBWA does. Probably drop them from their current ranked 15 to 18 for winnning yet another conference series. HOW DARE Oregon State lead in total wins in their conference at 29-8 and sit atop their conference. Shame on them and Pat Casey for playing at a higher standard than ANY non-Beaver fan believed they could or would. They should be penalized at least 5 more spots for that.

How far does this assinine "poll" ranking go? Or will $$$$ once again be a determining factor for about half of the national seeds?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Cursing

FB, how do you really feel? I'm concerned about you. Too much time in the sunshine and hanging around all of those old folks in Floreeeda Actually, I love your post. I can't agree more.
4/28/2011 9:25:03 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 11 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm going to try and protect my lead this week, but I may be going out on a limb with a couple of my picks, especially my sweeps.

OSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
Ore 2-1
Ariz 2-1
WSU 3-0
4/29/2011 6:11:12 PM
Topic:
Oregon 1, California 2 (F)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
nm
4/29/2011 8:37:31 PM
Topic:
Oregon State 7, UCLA 5 (F)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Link to game tacker

http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbasebl.html?event=921102
edited by BeaverBob on 4/29/2011
4/29/2011 8:45:21 PM
Topic:
Oregon State 7, UCLA 5 (F)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
YellowlabOSU wrote:
Beavers are having a great 5th inning.

Looks like Cole is coming out of the game. He has not be very sharp tonight. He threw 110 pitches in less than 5 inninings.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/29/2011
4/30/2011 4:26:09 PM
Topic:
Oregon State 2, UCLA 0 (F) OSU 2-0

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
nm
Oregon State pitcher Josh Osich throws a no hiiter.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/30/2011
4/30/2011 4:28:20 PM
Topic:
Oregon 4, Cal 3, (F)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
nm
4/30/2011 5:07:31 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 11 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW! Go Beavs
4/30/2011 5:10:33 PM
Topic:
Josh Osich - No Hitter

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oregon State pitcher Josh Osich beats Trevor Bauer and the Bruins. Osich throws a no hitter.
5/5/2011 3:39:31 PM
Topic:
Quick note on UCLA pitcher Gerrit Cole ....

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall wrote:
I've gotten some emails from folks asking about UCLA pitcher Gerrit Cole. Well, I spoke to a rock-solid source this morning they told me that Cole is completely healthy and his velocity is still there.

His issue as of late? He's simply hanging a pitch or two here and there, thus giving up big-time hits .... it's simply a "not hitting the spot" issue.

Anyway, just wanted to quell some rumors that Gerrit might be injured.

Kendall, I listened to both the OSU and UCLA radio announcers last week during the Friday game when Cole pitched. Both commented on what appeared to be some attitude issues when he wasn't getting calls. Would this type of issue cause any concern with scouts?
5/5/2011 8:01:59 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 12 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OSU 2-1
Ore 2-1

Stan 3-0
ARIZ ST. 3-0
WSU 3-0
ARIZ 3-0
5/6/2011 10:05:58 AM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 12 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
OSU 2-1
Ore 2-1

Stan 3-0
ARIZ ST. 3-0
WSU 3-0
ARIZ 3-0

BB- that looks like the one that will net the win. Good picks

I decided to play it safe this week. My only stretch pick is the Ducks 2-1.
5/7/2011 4:19:49 PM
Topic:
Cal 0, Oregon State 3 (F)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
nm
edited by BeaverBob on 5/7/2011
edited by BeaverBob on 5/7/2011
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72