Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

3/1/2013 9:46:08 PM
Topic:
Portland vs UC Irvine

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Pilots are leading 2-0 in the 9th. Come on Pilots.
3/1/2013 10:38:39 PM
Topic:
Matt Boyd is on fire

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I thought Matt was okay tonight, but didn't look anywhere close to last weekend. However, you can't argue with just giving up one run.
3/2/2013 7:55:11 PM
Topic:
Oregon Vs Cal State Fullerton

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I wasn't able to find radio for Oregon, but here is a link for Fullerton's radio.

http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/csf.portal#
edited by BeaverBob on 3/2/2013
3/2/2013 8:24:53 PM
Topic:
Oregon Vs Cal State Fullerton

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks OphiMan. I just found your video feed.

OpihiMan wrote:
The video feed has audio...
3/5/2013 2:31:13 PM
Topic:
Duck attendance

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just turned on the Ducks game against Cal State Northridge. I didn't see any fans in the stands. I wonder if Horton has taken Chip Kelly's approach to football practices -- Close the stadium down to fans and media.
edited by BeaverBob on 3/5/2013
3/5/2013 2:36:06 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Pilots Game Rained Out

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Boo hoo. I was hoping for a little diversion from work.
3/5/2013 9:49:26 PM
Topic:
Duck attendance

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ophiman, how do you expect me to sleep tonight after seeing this picture. I hope that's not RD

OpihiMan wrote:
I'd take empty stands then a full park of Duck weirdos...they got some weird fans down south.

BeaverBob wrote:
Just turned on the Ducks game against Cal State Northridge. I didn't see any fans in the stands. I wonder if Horton has taken Chip Kelly's approach to football practices -- Close the stadium down to fans and media.
edited by BeaverBob on 3/5/2013
3/5/2013 9:57:23 PM
Topic:
Pac 12 Player/Pitcher of Week 3

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
As always, thanks for posting this info ASU 74. I don't remember where I saw it, but Conforto was also named as the National Player of the week.

ASU74 wrote:
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — Oregon State sophomore outfielder Michael Conforto has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week and Stanford senior right-handed pitcher Mark Appel has been tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for Feb. 25-March 3, the Conference office announced Tuesday.

Conforto paced Oregon State to a sweep of Bryant, going 7-for-15 (.467) with four home runs and 12 runs batted in over the four-game series. The Redmond, Wash. native slugged 1.267 and posted an on-base percentage of .556 during the weekend. He also walked twice and was hit by a pitch. Conforto hit all four homers over the last three games of the series, going 7-for-12 during that stretch. He hit a two-run home run in the first game of a doubleheader Saturday, and followed that up with a two-run shot in the first inning of the second game. His first of two home runs Sunday was a grand slam, the first of his career, while the second was a three-run shot, giving him seven RBI on the day, which is a single-game career best. He became the first Oregon State player to homer in three consecutive games since Mitch Canham accomplished the feat in 2007. On the year, Conforto is batting .356 with four home runs, two doubles, one triple, 16 RBI and a .711 slugging percentage.

This is Conforto’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Oregon State’s 60th all-time selection.

Appel, a Houston, Texas, native, tossed a three-hitter last Friday against No. 22 Texas, while the Cardinal posted a 2-0 shutout win. He matched a career-high 14 strikeouts and walked one. The first-inning walk was followed by the retiring of the next 13 batters. Appel took a no-hitter into the sixth against the Longhorns and set the tone for Stanford's series sweep. The All-American has struck out double-digit batters in each of his last two outings.

This is Appel’s third career Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week selection and Stanford’s Conference-leading 78th all-time.

Also Nominated (Player): Brandon Dixon, ARIZ; Ryon Healy, ORE; Lonnie Kauppila, STAN; Kevin Kramer, UCLA; Dallas Carroll, UTAH; Yale Rosen, WSU.

Also Nominated (Pitcher): Cody Moffett, ARIZ; Trevor Williams, ASU; Cole Irvin, ORE; Andrew Moore, OSU; David Berg, UCLA; Bob Wheatley, USC; Brock Duke, UTAH; Sean Hartnett, WSU.

2013 Pac-12 Players of the Week: Feb. 19 – Ryon Healy, Jr., 1B, ORE; Feb. 26 – Trever Allen, RS So., OF, ASU; March 5 – Michael Conforto, So., OF, OSU.

2013 Pac-12 Pitchers of the Week: Feb. 19 – James Farris, Jr., RHP, ARIZ; Feb. 26 – Matt Boyd, Sr., LHP, OSU; March 5 – Mark Appel, Sr., RHP, STAN.
3/5/2013 10:01:05 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Pilots Game Rained Out

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM and OphiMan, I appreciate your suggestions. I'm more inclined to go with DM's recommendation, if I can figure out how to shrink it to size -- the avatar that is.

OpihiMan wrote:
...see the pic I just posted in "Duck Attendance"

That's my nominee...

Dodger Matt wrote:
This rainout will affect the Beavers' shot at the all-time best start of 18-0. Assuming we sweep Texas State and USF, we'll have to beat the Wildcats twice in Tucson without this Portland game. Just got a little harder....

On another note, I think it's time Beaver Bob got an avatar. I think there's a fresh new one out there somewhere today....
3/8/2013 9:12:36 PM
Topic:
Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry RD. Vandy's pitcher tonight is red hot.
3/8/2013 10:18:40 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
How did Bryant pitch tonight? My wife made me turn off the radio and computer and go grab dinner when he started pitching?
3/8/2013 11:40:55 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ya, I'm not much of a fan of it either. It took me way too long to shrink the darn thing to fit. Now that know what I am doing, I might have to find a more attractive Beaver or logo.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Geez BB,

Are you really gonna keep the new logo? It looks.......lonely. Like it needs something else under or behind it. Personally, I am not a big fan of it. I do like going back to the OSU letters though.
3/9/2013 9:31:15 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I've reflected more on your suggestion. While I like the idea of having my Beaver on top, I understand that down South, Beavers are usually supported from the rear. I'll spend some reflection time contemplating about how best to support my Beaver. I'd welcome any suggestions from you, the "Ultimate Beaver" expert.

Again, I appreciate you looking out for my Beaver.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Geez BB,

Are you really gonna keep the new logo? It looks.......lonely. Like it needs something else under or behind it. Personally, I am not a big fan of it. I do like going back to the OSU letters though.
3/12/2013 10:20:23 PM
Topic:
Nate Yeskie Rant

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not sure what frustrated me more, coming home and seeing that one of our dogs had diarrhea and pooped all over the house, or turning on the radio and hearing:” Cole Brocker leaves with the bases loaded.” Or perhaps, the two glasses of wine I had tonight have me in a fowl (sorry RD) mood. If you remember last year, Brocker single handedly pitched the Beavers out of the Pac 12 title race by blowing two consecutive games against Arizona at home. I guess I shouldn’t blame Brocker, but Yeskie, who put him in both games and allowed him to get hammered. Had the Beavers won either of those games, they may have been hosting a Super instead of traveling to LSU.

Now, on to my rant. Sorry, I guess I have already started it. Since Dan Spencer left as OSU's pitching coach, the Beaver pitchers have never been the same. All you have to do is look at the numbers of serious arm and back injuries, especially in the last several years including: Josh Osich, Taylor Starr, Jace Fry, and Ben Wetlzer this year.

Yes, I know the Beavers had to lose at some point this year, but I wonder if it had to be tonight. They had perhaps their best pitcher, Dan Childs pitching tonight. However, I wonder if the fact that he did not start during the Texas State Series affected his confidence. Just yesterday, Kendall wrote an article on Childs indicating he would be a high draft choice and talked highly about his work for the US Baseball team. Why in the world would Yeskie not start Childs in place of Wetlzer this weekend. At this point, Wetzler might be the 4th or 5th best OSU pitcher. The starting line up for this last weekend should have been: Matt Boyd, Dan Childs, and Andrew Moore. This line up should then be copied for the Arizona series.
To keep my rant moving on, last year, Tony Bryant was a pre-season all-American closer. Bryant failed to live up to this expectation and could barely get the ball across the plate by the end of the year. An effective pitching coach could have easily worked with Bryant and fixed this problem. This year, Bryant has barely pitched any closing innings. Yes, the freshmen closer is doing a great job, but why not get Bryant involved early in the season and let him build up confidence.
Scott Schultz is another example of an under used Beaver pitcher that excelled later in the year last year. The Beavers have used him sparingly this year.
The group of guys that sit next to me at the Beaver games (season ticket holders) can hardly contain themselves when Yeskie walks by to the bullpen or out to he mound. Two of the guys have sons that either pitch or play for the Beavers and based on their sons’ opinions, have little or no respect for Yeskie. They say he is arrogant and does not listen to the players.
[font=Tahoma]Okay. I’ve got it out of my system. I’m ready for tomorrow’s game.[/font]
3/12/2013 11:24:57 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 5

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
More Beaver is always better. Unfortunately, the darn evironmentalist's philosphy of "Eat a Beaver - Save a Tree" has reduced the number of Beavers. With this said, as a meat eater, nothing better than the taste of a good Beaver.

beaverstate69 wrote:
OSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
Ore 2-1
Utah 2-1
UCLA 3-0

Had to join in. Someone said we need more beaver!
3/13/2013 12:27:38 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs Bobcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I had no idea you had such a passion regarding fashion.

Dodger Matt wrote:
I may have said it before, but it bears repeating. These classic cream white unis the Beavers are wearing today are BY FAR my all-time favorites. The old-fashioned whites from the 2006 championship season are also up there, along with the black jerseys. But nothing beats the cream with orange number on front.

Big Grin
3/14/2013 6:53:41 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
Ore 2-1
Cal 2-1
UCLA 2-1

Playing it safe the first week.
edited by BeaverBob on 3/14/2013
3/14/2013 7:31:22 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Silly me. I think I had too much fun on the golf course today. Got er fixed.

OpihiMan wrote:
Did the Cougars already give up on the first game, forfeit, and we aren't counting it?

BeaverBob wrote:
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-0
Ore 2-1
Cal 2-1
UCLA 2-1

Playing it safe the first week.
3/15/2013 6:52:42 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The story of my day, a step slow

OpihiMan wrote:
DM you bullied BB out of a thread!
3/15/2013 8:10:25 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
[

FB, check out 1240 Joe Radio in Corvallis for streaming. Duck's game is on 1360 in Hillsboro

quote=OregonStHomer]Florida Beaver wrote:
No. I'm quite good just watching. I can listen to my wife AND watch.

OpihiMan wrote:
I think the lack of play call is because of the basketball tourney...Arizona AM1240 is the station I assume they get their audio from and it's on the basketball tourney as Arizona is playing UCLA right now.

If you need audio bookmark this LINK

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
DM, the link 2 is working for me
So it is. Cool. Now I'm upset I missed the first inning. Mad

But no play calling. HuhWhaaaaa?

Wait wut?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73