Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

3/15/2013 8:14:09 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry Ophiman, just saw your radio link. I can listen to the game in surround sound

uote=Florida Beaver]No. I'm quite good just watching. I can listen to my wife AND watch.

OpihiMan wrote:
I think the lack of play call is because of the basketball tourney...Arizona AM1240 is the station I assume they get their audio from and it's on the basketball tourney as Arizona is playing UCLA right now.

If you need audio bookmark this LINK

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
DM, the link 2 is working for me
So it is. Cool. Now I'm upset I missed the first inning. Mad

But no play calling. HuhWhaaaaa?
3/15/2013 9:01:23 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Mike, I went back to listen and sports talk was on. I listen to the game on 620 Fox Sports Radio in Portland.

The link below wich originates from Roseburg also has the Beaver's game on.

http://www.streamingthe.net/KSKR-ESPN-Sports-1490-AM-101.1-FM-Roseburg/p/21751

OpihiMan wrote:
Bob do you have a link for Joe Radio? I can't get one that works...and when it does it seems to black out the live games for online streaming?

edited by BeaverBob on 3/15/2013
3/16/2013 12:43:58 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for all of the good scoop about streaming and radio. Here is another tip I recently discovered for watching games from my IPad and Smart Phone. As you know, flash is required for any Apple products. However, if you download the Puffin Browser, you can watch the games without Flash. I orginally signed up for the free App but eventually paid $2.99 for the full version.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puffin-web-browser/id406239138?mt=8
3/16/2013 12:47:52 PM
Topic:
ASU74 - What up With Your Devils?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, the only team I despise more than the Ducks are the Huskies. What happened yesterday? Also, I haven't seen you or RD on the board in the last few days. Perhaps you guys are off vacationing together?

I just hope the Devils don't get beat up this weekend by the Huskies and then decide to play ball next week against the Beavs.
3/16/2013 1:49:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks borgguy. The Huskies are playing in the fog against the Bruins.
3/16/2013 7:30:52 PM
Topic:
Hogs vs. Rebs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see a post other than for PAC 12 teams. Hogfan, are there any free streaming links for the Hogs?
3/16/2013 8:18:20 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I've had no luck with the link for tonight's game at ASU. Has anybody else tried?
3/16/2013 8:24:30 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I've had no luck with the link for tonight's game at ASU. Has anybody else tried?

BB
Ya gotta pay via CBS All Access....audio only.
3/16/2013 8:28:51 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Devils seem to be playing better, up 4-1 in the bottom of the 4th.
3/16/2013 8:34:17 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Both catchers are having problems hanging on to the ball. I think that's the third passed ball of the night.
3/16/2013 8:37:38 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, you have me paying too much attention to Jay Reese. Seems like every pitch is low, inside, or is off of the hands. I never know if it is a ball or a strike. Can't he learn to say: the pitch hits the inner corner of the plate or the pitch hits the lower portion of the strike zone.
3/16/2013 8:43:39 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Up here in Oregon, we like to count Ducks, or better yet, line them up in a row.

ASU74 wrote:
yea, but ain't counting any chickens yet
3/16/2013 8:49:02 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Maybe he can't pronounce his d's or his g's.

Dodger Matt wrote:
I like Jay Reese. He obviously knows and loves baseball. But he has some idiosyncrasies. His pronunciations, for example. (Rot-REEK-iss is a common one.)

BTW, RiverDuck, I was listening to your number two guy on today's game, and he kept saying BUM-gart-ner not BOM-gart-ner or BOW'm-gart-ner. Really? Bum?

Sorry, but those kinds of things bother me.
3/16/2013 9:09:05 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, check your PG Mail.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Tried to find live audio streaming. Can't seem to locate any tonight

And the camera man is seeming to have steadiness issues. Drunk a little too much maybe
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/16/2013
3/16/2013 9:19:50 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Actually, ASU 74 said S, L, and R&R. Throw in the D, and Arizona sounds more like Eugene.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
And the camera man is seeming to have steadiness issues. Drunk a little too much maybe
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/16/2013
ASU74 said it's all about S, D, and R&R.

"Comes in tight...and it's also a little low." LOL.
3/16/2013 9:20:48 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Gotta think positive. Brocker is coming into the game.
3/16/2013 9:25:16 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Tain't no big thingTo wait for the bell to ringTain't no big thingThe toll of the bell
Aggravated, spare for daysStroll downtown in the red light placeJump up, bubble up, what's in store?Love is the drug and I need to score
Showing out, showing out, hit and runBoy meets girl and the beat goes onStitched up tight, can't stay freeLove is the drug, got a hook on me
Oh, catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofYeah, can't you see?Love is the drug for me
Tain't no big thingTo wait for the bell to ringTain't no big thingThe toll of the bell
Late that night I park my carStake my place in the singles barFace to face, toe to toeHeart to heart as we hit the floor
Limbo up, limbo downLocked embrace, stumble roundI say, "Go", he say, "Yes"Dim the lights, you can guess the rest
Yeah, catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofYeah, can't you see?Love is the drug for me
Tain't no big thingTo wait for the bell to ringAin't no big thingThe toll of the bell
Aggravated, spare for daysI stroll downtown in the red light placeJump up, bubble up, what's in store?Love is the drug and I need to score
Showing out, showing out, hit and runThe boy meets girl and the beat goes onStitched up tight, can't stay freeLove is the drug, got a hook on me
Oh, catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofOh, can't you see?Love is the drug for me
Baby, got to catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofOh, can't you see?Love is the drug for me
Oh, I've got to catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofBaby, can't you see?Love is the drug for me, oh
Yeah, got to catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofOh yeah, can't you see?Love is the drug for me
Yeah, I got to catch that buzzLove is the drug that I'm thinking ofGot to, got to, got to, got to get that buzzI've got to, got to, got to, got to get that buzzI've got to, got to, got to, got to get that buzz
Gimme babyGot to have that
Got to have that drugGot to have that buzz
Got to have that drugGot to have that buzz
Got to have that drugGot to have that buzz...

Read more: KYLIE MINOGUE - LOVE IS THE DRUG LYRICS

Dodger Matt wrote:
You're right. Well, love was the drug I was thinking of.

(Name that tune.)
3/16/2013 9:46:49 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Gotta think positive. Think happy thoughts

OpihiMan wrote:
Scared of Brocker right now....
3/16/2013 9:50:05 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, I agree.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Brocker does good tonight.
3/16/2013 10:23:08 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Wildcats

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SB, I like Jay. I spend time a bunch of time in Bend and listen to his sports radio show. He does a good job. As already mentioned, he just has a few oddities. I love Parker and also enjoyed his predessor Darrell Aune. We have been spoiled at OSU with these three guys and then with Bob Blackburn back in the 60s who went on to do the Seattle Supersonics. I use to listen to Bob Blackburn when I was young, especially calling Beaver basketball when they wen to the final four back in the mid sixties.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
I'm a huge Jay Rseese fan. Sure, Mike Parker is the best (baseball is, after all, the sport he was born to call), but as awesome as Mike is, Jay is a huge step up from the days when the baseball SID had to step up to the Mic... a very knowledgable office, but not hired due to radio ability. Having Jay is much better than a non-radio guy having to call the first 20 games.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72