Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

3/28/2013 10:21:23 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs San Diego

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, while I respect your point of view and agree with some of your points, I don't agree with Yeskie's need to change the rotation. Also, at this point, Child has lost his mojo. I almost get a sense that Yeskie is trying to make a point by putting him in this situation.

Also, why all of the pitching changes? Has it really made a difference in tonight's game? How about last Saturday and Sunday's games?

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
DM, my point to Yeskie's madness is that he is first, over coaching. Second, he has managed to destroy the confidence of the best pitcher from last year's staff, Dan Child.

Baseball is a simple game and I've seen Yeskie overcomplicate it. Third, why change the rotation that has worked so well for the the last 3-4 weeks.

Actually, the way the week has worked out, this was the perfect opportunity NOT to mess with the rotation. Our Friday starter will still start on Friday. The pitcher you have been so high on was given yet another chance at a start. I see nothing wrong with the starting pitching decisions. And they stuck with Child even when he showed struggles, although the bad defense early was responsible for at least half the problems in that inning.
3/28/2013 10:23:49 PM
Topic:
UCLA at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Glad to see your Devils start off on the right foot.

ASU74 wrote:
ASU closes out UCLA 4-1
ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
3/28/2013 10:59:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, but they did change their rotation. It's not about who pitches Friday, but about who throws on the first night of the series. This series is as important, if not more impotant than a Pac 12 series if the Beavs want to get a top 8 seed and ultimately host a regional. The Beavs can afford to lose a Pac 12 series, but they can't afford to lose to a team that has a mediocre RPI.

Yes, there were several errors, but you have to wonder if the tone was set with the change of pitching rotation, then what seemed no real rationale to the changes in Beaver pitchers.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Teams change their rotations when they can all the time. But you're missing one point: The Beavers didn't change their rotation this weekend. Boyd still pitches Friday. They wanted to see if they could get a win tonight with "last year's best pitcher" and give Andrew Moore a week off to be fresh against the Bruins. It didn't work, but not because Child was wild (although he was at times), but because the infield was subpar. The pitching changes didn't cause six errors. I understand it is vogue to hate on Yeskie, but this was not his doing.
3/28/2013 11:00:16 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
BeaverBob wrote:
DM, but they did change their rotation. It's not about who pitches Friday, but about who throws on the first night of the series. This series is as important, if not more important than a Pac 12 series if the Beavs want to get a top 8 seed and ultimately host a super regional. The Beavs can afford to lose a Pac 12 series, but they can't afford to lose to a team that has a mediocre RPI.

Yes, there were several errors, but you have to wonder if the tone was set with the change of pitching rotation, then what seemed no real rationale to the changes in Beaver pitchers.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Teams change their rotations when they can all the time. But you're missing one point: The Beavers didn't change their rotation this weekend. Boyd still pitches Friday. They wanted to see if they could get a win tonight with "last year's best pitcher" and give Andrew Moore a week off to be fresh against the Bruins. It didn't work, but not because Child was wild (although he was at times), but because the infield was subpar. The pitching changes didn't cause six errors. I understand it is vogue to hate on Yeskie, but this was not his doing.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/28/2013
3/29/2013 5:27:57 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 7

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, the Beaver is a flexible and adaptable animal and can flourish either on the top, or on the bottom.

ASU74 wrote:
borgguy wrote:
and now the standings after day one. New guy UO Sportsguy takes the early lead and SouthernBeaver, behind only picking 5 series instead of 6 takes up the cellar. for the new guys the first number next to a name is the maximum points available based on your picks, the second is the fewest points possible. in event of a tie the highest minimum point gets the edge.

1)UOsportsguy 28 8
2)Opihiman 27 7
3)BeaverBob 27 5
T4)Hogfan4life 26 8
Beaverstate69 26 8
T6)Rowdy 26 7
JCR 26 7
Riverduck 26 7
9)Florida Beaver 26 6
T10)Go Ducks 25 7
Oregon StHomer 25 7
Dodger Matt 25 7
WildCard85 25 7
14)Rockduck 25 6
15)Borgguy 24 7
16)ASU74 24 6
17)SouthernBeaver 22 6

River er RockDuck had the same picks...how can their Hi-Lo be different? It looks like "Rock" had a typo of UT (UCLA) on the 1st pick....everything else below are the same. Both picked Ariz 2-1. Damn this Duck's Schizofrina makes things difficult.....will the RealDuck please confirm.Read Report.
FYI The basement sucks. Atleast I got SB under me.
3/29/2013 7:22:02 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What a night it is as I sit here on the banks of the Columbia River at the Hoodriver Hotel in Hoodriver, Oregon. I'm now on my second glass of wine. What a beautiful night. Clear skies, 70 degrees, and a beutiful view of the river, Columbia Gorge, and the surrounding scenery. With such an atmospher, I vow to be a positive Beaver tonight. In fact, tonight, I want to be known as Happy Beaver Bob, or HBB. Just to show you how positive I am, I think that the Beaver's Pitching Coach, Nate Yeskie, is by far the best pitching coach in the entire country.

What a night!
3/29/2013 7:23:16 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, is your wife listening to the game tonight

Dodger Matt wrote:
Mike Parker is among the best baseball play-by-play guys around, especially at the college level. And he certainly weaves history and pop culture into his broadcasts, much like the great Vin Scully. However (you knew there was a however coming), occasionally even the best will say something a little off.

Case in point: Parker referred to the last out in the top of the first inning as the "coup de gras". For those whose first language isn't French, a coup de grace is the "mercy strike" that puts a suffering creature out of his misery. It is pronounced COO duh GRAHSS. A lot of people think those consonants at the end of French words are silent, and many are, but not that "c" in grace. If you don't pronounce it, you are saying a much different word: gras (GRAH), which means fat, like the fat you cut off a steak. Same word we get in Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). So when you don't pronounce the "S" sound in grace and you say, "That was the coup de gras," it's like you are saying "That was a greasy fat punch."

Anyway, sorry for the long etymology lesson.
3/29/2013 7:25:16 PM
Topic:
Belated Congrads to Beavers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, thanks for posting. Yes, I agree with Ophiman, very flexible Beavers. There is nothing quite like watching a Beaver straddle the balance beam.
3/29/2013 7:39:50 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
She has excellent taste. Ben Carson is one of my favorite political figures. I just thought you were getting a little help with your French.

Dodger Matt wrote:
She's watching a Ben Carson interview on her laptop.

Wow, the Beaver infield SUCKS!
3/29/2013 7:50:18 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, congrats to your Duck Basketball Team. Sorry that a good season had to end tonight.
3/29/2013 8:05:22 PM
Topic:
UCLA at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, are you listening or watching the game?

ASU74 wrote:
ASU's Kasey Coffman puts one on the otherside of Rural Road....REALLY out of the park w/ 2 on. ASU leading 4-1 b2
rock onrock onrock on
3/29/2013 8:25:25 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Mike Parker said it well: "It's been a bad inning of baseball for San Diego." After the Beavs have scored 7 runs, 3 wild pitches, and a myriad of mistakes by SD.
3/29/2013 8:27:11 PM
Topic:
SEC Games

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for the update hogan4life. So, where does this win put the Hogs in regards to the SEC and seeding for the regionals? Are they living up to your expectations for the year?

hogfan4life wrote:
Hogs win a big Friday night game 5-4. MSU led it 3-2 but Vinson hit a bases clearing triple to put the Hogs up 5-3. MSU ended up loading the bases in the ninth but the closer got the last man looking! Final score Hogs 5 Bulldogs 4.
3/29/2013 8:44:27 PM
Topic:
SEC Games

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks hogfan4life. One of my former bosses is a Hog graduate and grew up in Arkansas. He continues to follow the Hogs and will often send me emails on their accomplishments. He actually graduated from a small Christian College called Harding in Arkansas (he was was a three-sport star and all-american in basketball) and then earned his Master's degree from Arkansas, and then his PhD from Georgetown in Economics. He says he misses the simple, yet conservative lifestyle where he grew up.

hogfan4life wrote:
Well that puts them at 5-2 in the Sec, after playing two (at the time) top 10 teams and now a top 25 MSU club. Can't say if complain about that. We still have work to do right now as far as hosting. Will we get to at least host a regional? I believe so. Right now were still digging ourselves out if an rpi hole that we dug out west early in the year. We scored 6 runs in 4 games, just an awful performance against quality non conference competition.

I think this will put us tied for second behind LSU in the SEC West.
3/29/2013 8:46:29 PM
Topic:
UCLA at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks ASU74. I've been switching over and listening to the game. I actually prefer listening to sports on the radio, especially baseball.

ASU74 wrote:
BB
Audio only. Ya need cable to see on Pac Network.
ASU allows only the 2nd HR this year. ASU leads 4-2 t5
ASU: rock onrock onrock onrock on
UCLA: Thumbs DownThumbs Down
3/29/2013 8:50:57 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Geat to see the Beavs and particularly Matt Boyd, getting back in the groove. I remember the year before last when the Beavs hit the number 2 ranking and then they fell apart down the stretch and ended up losing the last 3 games of the year to the Dicks. I can tell that my Power of Positive Thinking approach has directly helped the Beavs tonight.

ASU74 wrote:
10-3 in the 4th....Beavers are looking to kick some SD tail.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/29/2013
3/29/2013 8:53:47 PM
Topic:
SEC Games

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to hear. I spent about 3 months in Fayetteville back in the mid 90s at the Wal-mart University. I was working for another retail organization at the time learning about their logistics system. I think that parts of Oregon, especially in the Willamette Valley are very much like Fayettville.

hogfan4life wrote:
BeaverBob, that's cool. I love it here. I'm about 1:30 from Fayetteville. I went to college there as well. He's 100% correct, very laid back, extremely generous and grateful people. I've been to the cities and I just wouldnt trade it for anything. I think a lot of people have their pre determine images of what Arkansas looks like. Northwest Arkansas area is exploding thanks to Walmart and I would bet you a free dinner that you would want to come back after a visit. I can only hope someday your Beavs can make a trip over!
edited by hogfan4life on 3/29/2013
3/29/2013 8:57:52 PM
Topic:
UCLA at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sounds like a perfect evening to me, especially with a little, or perhaps several St. Paulie girls. My wife often tells me that she thinks I prefer listening to sports on the radio more than I do sex. She just can't understand why I watch gametracker.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Thanks ASU74. I've been switching over and listening to the game. I actually prefer listening to sports on the radio, especially baseball.

ASU74 wrote:
BB
Audio only. Ya need cable to see on Pac Network.
ASU allows only the 2nd HR this year. ASU leads 4-2 t5
ASU: rock onrock onrock onrock on
UCLA: Thumbs DownThumbs Down

Audio only ....when I've got someting else to do. Just listening w/ gametracker is about as exciting as watching my cold St Paulie bottle sweat.
3/29/2013 9:14:08 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good win by the Ducks. They allowed just one run and three hits. I was planning to attend the game tomorrow, but may need to enjoy another day of Oregon Sunshine in the Columbia Gorge. I'm looking forward to the first meeting of the Ducks and Beavs on April 9th at Goss Stadium. It will be interesting to see how each team approaches this game.
3/29/2013 9:16:27 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm sure he has a very sound strategy for this move.

Yours truly, Happy Beaver Bob.

OpihiMan wrote:
Andrew Moore is coming into a 13-5 game...do people still not get my beef with Yeskie?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73