Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/6/2013 10:30:04 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Not much defense in this game. Looks more like one of the Sunday games several years ago in the Pac 10.
4/6/2013 10:34:07 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
That's a wrap - 14 to 9, Sun Devils. Looks like the Devils are starting to play some ball. Fred, too bad you went to bed early.
4/7/2013 12:41:57 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 8

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Nicely done Matt. Great insights and info. Check you ASU/Oregon score. Should be 14 to 9.

Conforto had a bit of a slump early in the year and exploded with 4 HRs against Bryant. I get the feeling he is pressing to hit the long ball with all of the high pop ups he has been hitting.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Day two
  • Oregon State 5, UCLA 0. All 10 of Oregon State’s hits came from the weakest part of the batting order, two hits apiece for the five batters in the 1, 2, 6, 8, and 9 batting spots. Andy Peterson and Joey Jansen had 2 hits and 2 RBIs each for the Beavers. Right-handers FR Andrew Moore (6-1) and UCLA’s JR Nick Vander Tuig (4-3) both went 6.2 innings.
    Series tied 1-1.

• Arizona State 10, Oregon 9. So much for a pitching-dominated game. Ryan Kellogg, the reigning Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week with the no-hitter on his resume, gave up 11 hits and 7 runs (6 earned) over 7.1 innings. Oregon’s Tommy Thorpe wasn’t much better, lasting only 4.2 innings and yielding 8 hits and 6 runs (5 earned). The Ducks made a 6-run deficit and what looked like an early blowout interesting by scoring eight runs in the 6th through 8th innings, including a 5-spot in the 8th that left theme one run behind, 10-9. But ASU scored 4 runs of their own in the bottom frame for the final tally. Both teams had 14 hits. Four Devils had multiple hits, including Dalton Dinatale, who was 2 for 2 with 3 RBIs. JJ Altobelli led the Ducks with a 3 for 4, 3 RBI effort.
    Arizona State leads series 2-0.

[li]Arizona 6, California 4. Cal SR LHP Justin Jones had another short outing, lasting only one inning and yielding 6 hits and 4 earned runs. The Cal bullpen limited Arizona to two additional runs and only five more hits, but the damage was done. Johnny Field was 3 for 5 with 1 RBI and 2 stolen bases for the Cats. FR LF Grant Diede was 2 for 3 with 2 RBIs and a walk batting in the 8th slot for the Bears.
    Arizona leads series 2-0.

• Stanford 10, USC 3. The game was tied at 3 after five innings, but that’s when the Cardinal bats came alive. Stanford scored in each of the last five innings, turning a 3-3 tie into a runaway 10-3 victory. The Cardinal outhit the Trojans 17-9, led by Alex Blandino, 3 for 5, 2 RBIs. Adam Landecker was 3 for 4 for the Trojans. USC did not play badly, but Stanford was just too much for them.
    Stanford leads series 2-0.

• Utah 2, Washington State 1. JR 1B Trey Nielsen was all the offense Utah needed, providing both runs via leadoff solo homers in the 4th and 6th innings. He was 2 for 4. The Cougars had runners at second and third with one out in the 7th, but their top of the order could not get one of those runners in. Patrick McGrath was 2 for 3 with 1 RBI for Wazzu. Utah’s FR RHP Dalton Carroll went 6.1 IP for the win, and Utah goes tomorrow for the rare Pac-2 sweep.
    Utah leads series 2-0.

• Pepperdine 1, Washington 0, 11 innings. What a pitchers’ duel. UW’s Austin Voth pitched 8.0 innings and gave up only one hit. Pepperdine’s Corey Miller, who went 10 IP, gave up only 2 hits over the first 9 innings and 3 total. And neither team scored for the first ten innings. The Huskies got out of a bases-loaded jam in the 9th. In the bottom of the 11th, however, the Waves loaded the bases again, and UW called in JR LHP Justin Coats to face one batter, FR 2B Hutton Moyer, who singled up the middle to score the only run of the game. The Huskies have played surprisingly well in this series and still have a chance to win it.
    Series tied 1-1.

4/7/2013 1:12:16 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good man.

ASU74 wrote:
4/7/2013 1:19:28 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, yes, several of us Beavers are in to spanking. But who says that getting spanked and winning are mutually exclusive. I'll take the spanking and the winning

Regarding your other issue, here is some night time reading.

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-do-older-men-have-to-urinate-so-often-at-night

ASU74 wrote:
BB
Don't forget we are 2 hours later in Houston than where you are & my day usually starts +/- 6 am, & when ya get older you will know what it like to get up 2-3 times a nite to pee and you would give anything for 8 hrs of uninterupted sleep.

Besides, I had faith in my Devils!

It seems home field has a VERY real advantage when it comes to ASU & OR teams. I'll bet we get our butts kicked by the Ducks next year up there & we kick your butts in Tempe. At least that is the way it has been going the past few intervals.

Nothing personal, but I'm hoping someone spanks the Beavers hard (& I know some of ya'll like that kinda stuff ) lol hitso the Devils can claw their way to the Pac Crown. The series that hurt (or woke us up) was loosing the WSU series at home.
4/7/2013 1:23:26 PM
Topic:
Oregon's radio broadcast schedule

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SB, don't think you are missing anything. The last few years you go could catch the game on a few Portland stations: 750 and 1360. They do carry a few on 1360. but are often tape delayed. I've caught a game or two on a few Eugene Stations via streaming: 590 and (can't remember the number) The Score. I think they had to cut back on radio when they bumped up Horton's salary this year.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
Do they even air their games on the radio? All I can find online is online streams. The OSU game today will mostly be before I start my shift at work, so I was hoping to catch Ore/ASU today, but I can't find any radio stations airing the game. Am I missing something here, or did they spend so much on the park, radio is too expensive? All I want is to listen to the game in the Portland area without using all of my data and them some!

http://www.goducks.com/main/Schedule.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=500
4/7/2013 1:48:16 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry Fred, didn't mean to bring up any bad memories. I didn't really even look at the content of the link. Me bad.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
ASU74, yes, several of us Beavers are in to spanking. But who says that getting spanked and winning are mutually exclusive. I'll take the spanking and the winning

Regarding your other issue, here is some night time reading.

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-do-older-men-have-to-urinate-so-often-at-night

THX, but I have already been thru the whole cancer thing.Cursing
4/7/2013 1:52:28 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just listening to Mike Parker, OSU's radio guy. He said the top 3 hitters for OSU went 0 for 13 yesterday and the combined middle of the order went 1 for 22. Yet, the Beavs still won 5 -0.
4/7/2013 2:00:37 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Conforto has clearly improved his outfield play, however, he still has some work to do with his baserunning. He missed a great opportunity to score from 3rd on basehit. In an interview with Casey earlier in the year, he said the biggest concern right now of pro scouts is his base running.
4/7/2013 2:08:50 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Looks like Horton lit a fire under the Duckies. They are hitting, running, and playing very aggressive ball today.
4/7/2013 2:22:49 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see Wetlzer get started on the right foot. Last year and early this year, when he is pitching well, he is throwing strikes and resting on his defense to field the ball.
4/7/2013 2:27:57 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm loving it when they show pictures of the grassy area along the first base line showing the nice weather and fans in shorts and halter tops. What a difference between the nasty weather up here in Oregon this weekend.

I need to make a trip to Phoenix in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get a little sunshine and warm weather.
4/7/2013 2:30:06 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yea! Conforto gets his first hit of the weekend.
4/7/2013 2:37:30 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It's great to have Parker back announcing. While I enjoyed the other guy, Parker has such a nice way of painting pictures and talking about the little things that happen on the ball field. I actually enjoy listening to him more than watching the game.

It was great to hear him describe Conforto running bases on the single by Davis and how he rounded third base hard this time and was held up by the third base coach.
4/7/2013 2:50:37 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oh oh. Looks like I messed this thread up with my link. Any ideas on how I can delete it?
4/7/2013 2:56:19 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great suggestion. I opened in Firefox and was able to delete.

ASU74 wrote:
Try opening another browser and see if ya can get to ...delete
4/7/2013 3:01:08 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm surprised it is this close with some of the mistakes ASU is making. They are still within strking distance.

ASU74 wrote:
(&*^^%$$())_

7-3 B5

Cursing
edited by ASU74 on 4/7/2013
4/7/2013 3:04:58 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Another key learning -- with Firefox, spelling errors are noted with a red squiggly line and I can click on the word to fix the spelling errors.

BeaverBob wrote:
Great suggestion. I opened in Firefox and was able to delete.

ASU74 wrote:
Try opening another browser and see if ya can get to ...delete
4/7/2013 8:51:47 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law RD. We do miss you when you are not in the forum. As I've had to help two sets of aging parents over the last several years, I know how challenging it can be. You are a good Duck to help.

Riverduck wrote:
At the coast.. My Wife's mom is getting bad, going to need more help from us.. Was watching online, but as you could see I was pretty bummed we did not win that first game. That was key.
4/7/2013 8:54:03 PM
Topic:
Ore at ASU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Speaking of RPI and of ISR, the Beavs are still number 1 in both. I'm sure their rankings will be helped with today's win over UCLA.

http://www.boydsworld.com/

hogfan4life wrote:
Nice series win ASU. Everytime you win it helps our RPI just a tad!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72