Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/20/2013 3:59:32 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I just don't understand why they keep using Starr. Great story with his two TJ surgeries, but he gets whacked every time he comes in.
4/20/2013 5:12:54 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Game postponed until at least 4:50 pm.
4/20/2013 10:12:24 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Really poor coaching today. The Beavs had runners on 2nd and 3rd, not outs, and couldn't get a run home. No excuses for this.

I've gotten use to poor pitching coaching, but Yeskie was at his worst tonight -- if is possible to get any worse. He should have kept Moore in as he was pitching well. Yes, he walked a batter and then hit a batter, but the batter should have been called back as he made no attempt to move. Then, he brings Tony Bryant in and Bryant did a great job finishing the innining. Why not keep him in for at at least another inning. Then, they bring in Max Ingelbrekt to start the 8th inning. Yeskie yanks him after a hit. Why? Not only does it tell Ingelbrekt that he has no confidence in him, but it starts what became an 8-run eight inning.

I don't think I have ever seen anybody overcoach and make poor decisions like Yeskie does.

LSU_Blake wrote:
Wow OSU what the crap happened. Losing to the bottom feeders isn't good.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/20/2013
4/20/2013 10:18:20 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
borguy, I think you are good on your notes, except, the Ducks just lost, so the Beavs might keep their Pac 12 1st place, although in an ugly way.

borgguy wrote:
well that was F***ing pathetic, wtf happened? Things the beavers will not be after this weekend.... 1st place in the pac12, top 10 in the country, #1 in RPI, a national seed, etc etc....

oh AND its not even over yet.... 9-3 Huckin Fuskies
4/20/2013 10:19:18 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Another 1-0 loss for the Ducks.
4/20/2013 11:33:34 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, unless you are disquising yourself as Ophiman, I didn't see anything from you on my pm. Although, this has to be one of the worst messaging systems that I have used.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

BB, check your pm.
4/21/2013 12:01:00 AM
Topic:
Valp vs Sun Devils

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sounds like a St Pauli for each run tonight

ASU74 wrote:
Game 2
ASU leading 13-0 B3 W/ a slammer
4/21/2013 12:05:30 AM
Topic:
Valp vs Sun Devils

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74, us Beavs practice good personal hygene. Gotta have our balls and jocks washed at least once a year. We should be good for the rest of the Pac 12, regionals, supers, and the CWS. A wise man once told me -- when Beavers start to smell like Fish, it's time for a good cleaning.
ASU74 wrote:
BB
Ya we won big yesterday which means we may get our teeth handed to us tonight.

....and riddle me this Robin....how in all of Gotham did the Huskies grab Beaver Balls and wash your jocks out today?

RD has the Gotham beacon flashing the Ducks logo tonight.
edited by ASU74 on 4/20/2013
4/21/2013 12:31:54 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 10

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I hope you were able to have a few Hammerheads or even something stronger. As Mike Parker said, it was the worst day and the 8th inn of game two was the worst innining he has seen since the Arizona blowout two years ago.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Wow. Sadness. I was in an all-day seminar and missed two horrible Beaver losses to the Fuskies. Glad I was at McMenamin's. Thanks, Borg, for filling in.
4/21/2013 1:09:07 AM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great. Check your pm.

Florida Beaver wrote:
I guess it never sent. Anyways, my Brother said yes. Sounds great. I guess the USC series, Saturday, the 27th?

BeaverBob wrote:
FB, unless you are disquising yourself as Ophiman, I didn't see anything from you on my pm. Although, this has to be one of the worst messaging systems that I have used.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

BB, check your pm.
4/21/2013 2:13:24 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
LSU Blake, a bit off topic, but are you currently living anywhere close to New Orleans? I need to travel to NO and then to Mississippi in the middle of May for business. I don't have a hotel picked out yet. Also, I need to entertain about 10 people for dinner. Any suggestions for a hotel and a nice restaurant? It needs be close to Tulane. Half of the people will be from the Northwest and the other half from the LA area.

LSU_Blake wrote:
Wow OSU what the crap happened. Losing to the bottom feeders isn't good.
4/21/2013 2:07:37 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
High scoring game in Eugene today. Bruins up 3-1 in the top of the 5th.
Congrats RD, you guys finally scored a run.
4/21/2013 2:11:50 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Where was this Beaver team yesterday. WOW, 5 runs in first inning.
4/21/2013 2:23:53 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Borg, just took a look at RPI and ISR from Boyd's World. Not as bad I thought. The Beavers are #3 and #4 respectively in RPI and ISR. I think they were #1 and #3 to start the weekend. Even if they win today and tomorrow (againsit Seattle U), playing those low RPI teams won't help and will probably hurt their rankings.

borgguy wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
borguy, I think you are good on your notes, except, the Ducks just lost, so the Beavs might keep their Pac 12 1st place, although in an ugly way.

borgguy wrote:
well that was F***ing pathetic, wtf happened? Things the beavers will not be after this weekend.... 1st place in the pac12, top 10 in the country, #1 in RPI, a national seed, etc etc....

oh AND its not even over yet.... 9-3 Huckin Fuskies

Thank God for small favors then.
4/21/2013 2:27:02 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I actually see fans down at PK Park today. There must not be any protests in Eugene today and Ducks fans had nothing bettter to do than to watch baseball.
4/21/2013 2:42:04 PM
Topic:
Bruins vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I think the Ducks have by far the best video feed and graphics of any Pac 12 team. They show some good shots of the stadium, crowd, and field. I'm not sure I like the two-person team doing radio. I like Brian Pawlitz, but have never been a Jerry Allen fan. I have never heard an announcer make so many mistakes announcing, especially during football broadcasts.
4/21/2013 2:46:23 PM
Topic:
SEC Predictions/Scoreboard 4/18-4/21

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Hogs may move up in the polls, especially with sorry showings by both of the Oregon schools.

hogfan4life wrote:
USCe sweeps, big sweep for them.

LSU loses Sunday but wins series 2-1. Dangerously close to losing series. They didn't though and that's all that matters.

Vandy loses game 1 but wins the next two easily to go 2-1 vs Georgia.

Hogs are a grand slam away from a sweep. 2-1 over the Ags

State goes 2-1 over the Tigers

Ole Miss gets their 2nd straight sweep.

Florida loses Sunday or would have had their 2nd straight sweep. 2-1 over misery.
4/21/2013 11:17:19 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ouch, glad I had some company at the bottom. I knew it was risky going with all sweeps. Darn, I was close with the Bruins.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Scores

Pretty awful this week.

18.0 BeaverBeliever20
17.0 hogfan4life
16.0 OpihiMan
16.0 OregonG20
16.0 YellowlabOSU
15.0 beaverstate69
15.0 RiverDuck
14.0 borgguy
14.0 Dodger Matt
14.0 OregonStHomer
14.0 UOsportsguy
14.0 WildCard85
13.0 Rowdy
12.0 ASU74
12.0 BeaverBob
12.0 Florida Beaver
12.0 JCR
12.0 SouthernBeaver
4/21/2013 11:28:21 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Beavs still holding down first in the Pac 12 with a 733 percentage compared to the Dicks at 722. UCLA and Stanfard are 2 back in the loss column with 600 percentages. Should be an interesting home stretch.

I'm feeling uneasy about the Beavs game tomorrow against the Redhawks.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Wow. This week sucked. I feel like a duck fan getting ready to play the beavers. Hopeless.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/21/2013
4/22/2013 5:28:17 PM
Topic:
Beavers @ Redhawks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just turned the game on. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that the game is tied 3-3. As it appears that Child was yanked early and now Bryant is in the game, I have to reflect on the potential of both of these players.

Just last year, Bryant came into the season as a Pre-Season All American Closer. This year, Child was considered the best pitcher for the Beavers entering the year and had a great summer pitching for Team USA.

Matt Boyd was perhaps the best pitcher on the Beaver's team during his freshmen year, going 7-0 and was rarely used during the last two years. Now, he is finally back in the graces of Yeskie.

I thought that good coaches are about getting the best out of their players and maximizing their performance. Unfortunately, Yeskie doesn't seem to get it.

Just a few articles below reflecting what could have and should have been with both Bryant and Child.

Dan Child
Top 20 US Team Prospects
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7569

Simpson's Top 2013 Draft Prospects

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7632

[font=Verdana]OREGON[/font] STATE

[font=Verdana]Head coach: [/font][font=Verdana]Pat Casey[/font]

[font=Verdana]Conference: [/font][font=Verdana]Pacific 12[/font]

[font=Verdana]2012 record: [/font][font=Verdana]40-20, 18-12 Pac-12[/font]

[font=Verdana]2012 accomplishment: [/font][font=Verdana]Reached Baton Rouge Regional title game[/font]

[font=Verdana]Top returning pitcher: [/font]RHP Dan Child -- Child is one of the nation's rising prospects and looks to guide the Beavers back to Omaha this season. The imposing 6-foot-5, 225-pounder, is coming off a solid 2012 campaign, where he had a 2.95 ERA in 106 2/3 innings of work. He also struck out 79 and walked 25, while teams hit him at a .273 clip.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7935

Tony Bryant

[font=Arial]1. [/font]Tony Bryant Nabs Second Preseason All-America Honor - OREGON ...

[font=Arial]www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/122011aab.html[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

You +1'd this publicly. Undo

[font=Arial]Dec 20, 2011 – [/font][font=Arial]Oregon[/font] State[font=Arial] right-handed closer [/font]Tony Bryant[font=Arial] picked up his second preseason [/font]All[font=Arial]-[/font]America[font=Arial] honor when he was named to Louisville Slugger's ...[/font]

[font=Arial]2. [/font]Tony Bryant Named Preseason First-Team All-American - OREGON ...

[font=Arial]www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/121411aaa.html[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

[font=Arial]Dec 14, 2011 – [/font][font=Arial]Oregon[/font] State[font=Arial] junior right-handed pitcher [/font]Tony Bryant[font=Arial] has been named a preseason First-Team [/font]All[font=Arial]-[/font]American[font=Arial] by the National College Baseball ...[/font]

[font=Arial]3. [/font]Tony Bryant Named An ESPN Preseason All-American - OREGON ...

[font=Arial]www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021512aaf.html[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

[font=Arial]Feb 15, 2012 – [/font][font=Arial]Oregon[/font] State[font=Arial] junior closer [/font]Tony Bryant[font=Arial] was named an ESPN preseason [/font]All-American[font=Arial] selection on Wednesday.[/font]

[font=Arial]4. [/font]Oregon State Beavers baseball: Tony Bryant is first-team All-American

[font=Arial]www.oregonlive.com/...ssf/.../oregon_state_beavers_baseball_5.html[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

[font=Arial]Dec 14, 2011 – [/font]The junior right-hander from Kennewick, Wash., is honored.

[font=Arial]5. [/font]Oregon State closer Tony Bryant named ESPN preseason All ...

[font=Arial]www.oregonlive.com/...ssf/.../oregon_state_closer_tony_bryan.html[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

[font=Arial]Feb 15, 2012 – [/font]A release from the Beavers: Oregon State junior closer Tony Bryant[font=Arial] was named an ESPN preseason [/font]All[font=Arial]-[/font]American[font=Arial] selection on Wednesday.[/font]

[font=Arial]6. [/font]Baseball - Tony Bryant first-team All-American - SportsTwo

[font=Arial]sportstwo.com › ... › College FootballOregon State Beavers[/font][font=Arial]Cached[/font]

2 posts - 2 authors - Dec 15, 2011

Pretty danged cool...here's the link http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/12/oregon_state_beavers_baseball_5.html.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72