Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/12/2013 1:26:55 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 13

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, was it that you liked being on the bottom, or being in the rear?

borgguy wrote:
standings after day 2: Our top 4 stay the same, although ASU74 moves back to the pack a bit holding a 1point lead of JCR UOSportsguy and Dodger Matt, YellowlabOSU sitting in 5th place is now the only one with a chance at a perfect week (those "boring picks" seem to be paying off) but is in the awkward position of needing a Beaver loss and a Duck win in order to get it. And Florida Beaver has decided that he likes being on the bottom (as he has stated several times) and is there yet again

if OSU and WSU both pull out wins tomorrow then ASU74 SHOULD win the week as that is the primary difference between him and those behind him, but it is late and I dont feel like running all the numbers without further ado

1)ASU74 28 13

T2)JCR 27 14
UOsportsguy 27 14
Dodger Matt 27 14

5)yellowlabOSU 26 15

6)OregonStHomer 25 14

T7)riverduck 24 13
OpihiMan 24 13

T9)Hogfan4life 23 14
Borgguy 23 14
OregonG20 23 14
SouthernBeaver 23 14
BeaverBob 23 14
Beaverstate69 23 14

15)Rowdy 23 12

16)WildCard85 22 13

17)Florida Beaver 22 10
5/12/2013 1:58:22 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My wife caught my laughing aloud at your post OM. For those non-Eugene residents, OM painted a very accurate representation of the Eugene and UO culture which happens to be the home of the anarchist movement and the ban God and Christmas movement.

OpihiMan wrote:
Well, here in Corvallis, I'd feel comfortable wagering something our school contributes to society...like a nice micro-brew.

I don't know if I'd want to win a hacky sack made of woven armpit hair and bong resin from the dirty south, though.

I'd never be caught wearing anything UO related...I hear just wearing the logo lowers your IQ. To each his own I guess.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/12/2013
5/12/2013 2:06:09 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
LSU Blake, I'm liking your spirit of this event, as painful as it would be, perhaps even in the suicidal range, I would comply, if by some chance, lightening were to strike, and somehow, in a miracle situation the Ducks would beat the Beavers.

LSU_Blake wrote:
People could care less which I would wear here in Alabama. I'll tell you guys what. And maybe this isnt bad and you can come up with something better, but if I pick Oregon and win, any OSU fan who accepts will have to put in their sig...."LSU and Oregon are the best teams to ever play college baseball." Also vice versa the other way. If I lose then I will put that the winning team is the greatest. I'm just throwing stuff out there and I still havent decided who I'm gonna pick anyway, but I think this will be one of the greatest games of the year and I wana be a part of it. Also if you do wanna do the sig bet it has to stay there until the post season is over.

5/12/2013 2:16:08 AM
Topic:
Best College Baseball Publications/Blogs/Boards

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Silly me, I should have also included these in my original post as I too use these as you do.

OpihiMan wrote:
I use d1baseball.com as my hub, I link to most things from there.
Also boydsworld.com
5/12/2013 2:37:51 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I hope you don't ask me to get out a couple of anatomically correct Beaver dolls and role play.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Bob, what difference does it make!

5/12/2013 2:43:35 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs The Other OSU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Excellent point Matt. See, we could have used your intellect today. I can't believe this wasn't obvious to me.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
What stands out most to me is the difference in era, hits, and B/ave.

Player......Moore.......Irvin
ERA..........1.37..........2.93
H...............53.............80
B/Avg.....0.199.......0.261

RD, can you help me understand these numbers?

C'mon, Bob! These numbers show Irvin is a far better hitter. Moore is below the Mendoza line.
5/12/2013 2:54:07 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Michael, I'm impressed with your knowledge of economics. The whole concept of the invisible hand and capitalism is not widely understood or acknowledged in the People's Republic of Eugene. In their mind, there is no difference between Joseph Smith and Adam Smith.
OpihiMan wrote:
That's a tricky question, manufactured outside of Eugene they are worth more due to the scarcity of material.

However, in Eugene it's a pretty common material that can be found bountifully throughout the Greater Eugene area.

As far as Union Label...I don't know, people in Eugene do things, as they wish, when they wish, if you tried to special order said Hacky sack, you'd probably find yourself forced into a Kumbayah circle, who's members wear worn out tie-dye and are covered in more body/facial hair than most other mammals. You'd then be non-forcefully told that your requests obstruct true art and it's really just a conspiracy to outsource the "woven armpit hacky sack" market to China, all while scents of patchouli and body odor waft through the humid air.

Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
I don't know if I'd want to win a hacky sack made of woven armpit hair and bong resin from the dirty south, though.

Is the hacky sack worth more or less if the armpit hair came from a female? And does it come with a union label?

Let's give them a chance. They already took game one. Best of five.

5/12/2013 3:00:01 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I just got it. A bit slow tonight. With both my wife and daughter studying for finals, I have way too much time on my hands. I should have known you were referrring to Hilary Duff Clinton. I thought you might enjoy the link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hillary+what+difference+does+it+make&rlz=1G1TSNA_ENZZ536&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=u0uPUfC5BsjmiwLo1IGQCg&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1957&bih=894

quote=Dodger Matt]You guys are cracking me up, tonight. Big Grin No, I was just quoting your favorite politician.
5/12/2013 3:21:50 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Have fun at the game. I have an invite to the Sunday game from one of my Duck buddies, but probably won't be able to make it. I'm heading to New Orleans and Mississippi for a few days the following week. I was hoping to catch a baseball game during the week when down in the South, but I think the regular season will be over for the SEC and that I'll be out of luck. I am going to drive to Corvallis and catch the Duckies and Beavers play on the 21st before I catch my plane early in the AM.

You might want to bring your own American Flag with you and even a copy of the Constitution. BTW, tell Dick hello. He seems like my kind of guy.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, my friend Dick and I will be at Saturday's game, with his two daughters' boyfriends. He enjoyed that Cal game so much, and I was telling him that the Civil War would be a match between top ten teams, so he decided to make it a boys day at the park and got tickets already. Any other Beavers gonna make the drive to the People's Republic of Eugene May 18? (Looks like that is also Armed Forces Day. I wonder if the Ducks will have an American flag for the occasion....)
5/12/2013 3:42:49 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, only the finest virgin Beaver hair is used.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

Is the hacky sack worth more or less if the armpit hair came from a female? And does it come with a union label?

Let's give them a chance. They already took game one. Best of five.

I thought the Eugene hacky sacks were woven out of beaver hair. That's where they get that distinctive smell of patchouli and body odor.

And as for LSU, hard choice. Does he go with the Louisiana state tv series, Duck Dynasty? Or does he make a smart choice and pick a beaver. Personally, I'd rather wear a beaver for a day than a duck. More appealing.
5/12/2013 2:51:13 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Just to spice things up, Everyone needs to read through the predictions before the last time the civil war was at PK. Enjoy!
http://perfectgame.org/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=4669

Interesting to look back at our discussion from a few years ago. While we have lost a few participants, we have several new ones.

Not much has changed in the way of banter.
5/12/2013 10:18:47 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just looking at Boyd's need's analysis, here is a snapshot for what both Oregon teams need in order to stay in the top 8 RPI. I'm guessting that if there is no sweep of either team and if neither team falls apart, they both have a realistic shot of a national seed.

With this said, the Beavers need to win a high of 5 games or a low of 4 games, depending on the combinations listed below.

The Ducks need to win a high of 7 games and a low of 6 games.

Just from this simple analysis, there appears to be more pressure on the Ducks than the Beavers.

However, I think it is likely that both teams can win at least half of their remaining games.

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/rpineeds.html
Oregon State

Remaining: 4 home, 4 road, 0 neutral

Top 8:

1 home wins, 4 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins
Oregon
Remaining: 5 home, 5 road, 0 neutral

Top 8:

2 home wins, 5 road wins
3 home wins, 3 road wins
4 home wins, 2 road wins
5 home wins, 1 road wins
5/12/2013 10:31:19 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
F, thanks for helping to organize us. Some really good suggestions. Unfortunately, I need to spend the rest of the eveninig working on a work proposal that is due tomorrow. The wager I like most, and I think it can apply to all rival contents including Arizona and ASU (you and Rowdy) is to have the losing team include a signature line on their posts indicating how great the winning team is and how pathetic the losing team is.

For example, if I were to write a signature line for RD, it might look like this:

The Beavers are the Best of all Time. They stomped my Oregon Ducks and it's clear who the best team in the State is. Us Dicks should be playing softball instead of baseball as we play like a buch of women.

Sincerely,

Riverduck
Oregon Duckheads
The People's Republic of Eugene

I'm sure you and Rowdy can have some fun with this.

ASU74 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Here is another one I am willing to give you guys.. But each and every true beav will have to step up in some way. I will shave my head and beard, but before doing that I will die my beard orange, and where a beaver hat to proclaim my love for the beaver.. lol

But you guys have to win 3 to do it. We only have to win the series.. Ha Ha..

Mark with an X with your choice:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager
5/12/2013 10:37:57 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Amen brother ASU74. However, I've never really thought of Ducks as having a butt or balls. I've always thought of them as these amorphous creatures with no genitalia at all.

ASU74 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Hmm. Sounds interesting.. I might have to think on all of this. If memory serves me right, We play you guys 5 games.. and we have already won 1, so it is the best of five.. Always has been, always will be. How bout a tie die?

RD:
If you decline the Beaver challange......you don't have a feather on your butt. Look at it this way...this is an oppotunity to retaliate for all of the verbal abuse you have taken from the Beaver Nation....if the Ducks win.....come on....grow a pair.
Go Away

5/13/2013 12:22:52 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I hope I don't have nightmares with this new image in my head.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Lord, please BB, tell me your anatomically correct beavers did not look like your link. Try to get that image out of your collective heads. Bob playing with hillary beaver. sick, sick, sick.

I don't think a there is such a thing as an "anatomically correct" Hillary Beaver doll.
Unless beavers have become hermaphroditic.
A self-contradiction.
Yuck.
5/13/2013 11:08:07 PM
Topic:
Pac POW

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, are you familiar with liberal bias in the news? For example, most media are in love with OBAMA, and even Chris Mathews from PMS MSNBC wants to have sex with him.
I see the same trend in sports reporting. Maybe it is not a liberal bias, but most sports writers are in love with Horton and the Ducks as a result of their flash and money. Sports writers appear to put blinders on when making rationale decisions. Here is a good example -- The fact that last year's Duck's team got a national seed even though the Beavers swept them in the last series of the year and that the Ducks didn't even finish as one of the top two teams in the conference proves this bias. Then, look at the fact that the Beavers did not get a national seed the prior year after being swept by the Ducks.

While I think that both Horton and Casey are excellent coaches, Horton will get the nod and so will his Duck players as a result of the pencil that Horton keeps behind his ear and his so-called flash, and the flash of Uncle Phil and the Nike money pumped into the stadium.

Just don't believe every thing you see or read, unless you are also sucked into this bias.
5/14/2013 9:26:43 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
oh oh!
5/14/2013 9:52:33 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OpihiMan wrote:
According to RD, these midweek games really matter and if Gonzaga can best them tonight then, following RD's reasoning from previous, the Zags must be a better team than the Ducks.

“”The very lack of evidence is thus treated as evidence; the absence of smoke proves that the fire is very carefully hidden.
C.S. Lewis
edited by BeaverBob on 5/14/2013
5/14/2013 10:10:11 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Zags

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I was just getting ready to get my Dr. Suess out of the attic. However, you have done nicely coming up with something at a developmental reading level.

OpihiMan wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
According to RD, these midweek games really matter and if Gonzaga can best them tonight then, following RD's reasoning from previous, the Zags must be a better team than the Ducks.

“”The very lack of evidence is thus treated as evidence; the absence of smoke proves that the fire is very carefully hidden.[1]
C.S. Lewis

Bob, you are being mean...You need to give the Ducks a quote at their reading level...

“This is night, Diddykins. That’s what we call it when it goes all dark like this.”

—Harry Potter, Order of the Phoenix
5/14/2013 10:22:01 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Pac 12 teams not having a good night against ooc teams. All teams that are playing tonight are behind or have lost and the Duckies are tied.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72