Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/16/2013 3:29:05 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OSU 2-1
ASU 3-0
UCLA 3-0
Stan 2-1
UW 2-1
XKan 2-1
5/18/2013 6:12:19 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I don't want to count my Ducks before they hatch, but things are looking pretty good for the Beavs. I think we have the Ducks lined up and can begin shooting anytime.
Ophi, looking forward to going to the game tomorrow with you.
5/19/2013 12:15:33 AM
Topic:
The Duel in the Desert

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I love it. I think the two of you, Rowdy and ASU74, need to get a hotel room. Have you ever considered getting married Just kidding.

As I watched the Beavers and Ducks play today, I was amazed by the number of Ducks and Beavers sitting next to each other and carrying on conversations. While real Ducks and Beaver fans hate to see the other team win at anything, I think there is a fair amount of respect for each other.

Rowdy wrote:
goodnight...another great game...3:30pm-EST tomorrow we see who takes home the Territorial Cup in the rubber.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/19/2013
5/19/2013 12:20:25 AM
Topic:
SERIES OF THE WEEK: OSU at Oregon (CBT)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, if you are at the game on Sunday, come on over and visit Ophiman and me. We'll be in the GA section. Just bring a sign with you that says: I'm RD
5/19/2013 12:27:01 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I'm glad you were able to get to PK Park with Dick. Sounds like you had great seats. OM and I will be at the game tomorrow, but will be sitting in the cheap seats.

I sent you the info you requested, however, I'm never sure if the PM for this forum works. Please let me know if you didn't receive it and I will send again.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Awesome game. Was there with my friend Dick and his two girls' boyfriends, one a Duck fan, but a nice kid nonetheless. Fairly warm, mostly cloudy with some sun breaks. Twice there was a ten-second misty drizzle, but no rain, though I came prepared. Didn’t even need a sweatshirt.

We sat behind home plate, about eight rows back. Right behind Matt Boyd and a younger teammate I did not recognize, who were logging pitches, locations, speeds, hits, and taking video. Was crestfallen when Boyd did not recognize the name Dodger Matt nor the website Perfect Game.

Both freshmen were pitching extremely well, and when Conforto went yard (which Dick called before the swing...and Boyd heard it cuz he turned around and said, “You called it.”), I thought, “There’s our one run. Now all we have to do is hold them and we get a 1-0 win.” Then Ryan Barnes miraculously hit his first jack of the year, and things looked good. Did not expect the Duck wheels to fall off the wagon with that 5-run 8th. The Duck fan next to me, who had been chatting with me, got up then and said, “That’s enough for me,” and he and his wife left. I noticed a lot of Duck fans exit then. I’d say the remaining crowd for the 8th and 9th innings was close to half Oregon State fans.

Dick and I thought it strange that the coach for Nike Apparel U was wearing this silly grandma jacket when he went out to the mound. Couldn’t they design something that would look good on his body shape? Dick said he looked like a mutant ninja turtle.

Anyway, it was a great game. Saw another couple from my church there (in Beaver orange, of course). Cole Irvin was very good. But Andrew Moore was a little better.
5/19/2013 1:20:16 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm looking forward to the game. I've seen a couple of games at PK Park, but never with such magnitude as tomorrow's game.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Yes, got it. Thx. Have fun tomorrow. I like PK Park. It's a good venue. And there was a sizable OSU presence. Should be a better day weatherwise, and you could see Wetzler, Fry, Schultz, Bryant.... We've only thrown two arms in two days!
5/19/2013 8:29:40 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Opihi, Bob: With all those Duck fans exiting in disappointment, are you ale to migrate behind home plate?

I think the cheap seats are the best in the park. We sat at a table and had an eye level view on the third base line. When the game was boring, there whew some pretty Beaver coeds sitting next to us. And, Coach Yeskies wife and infant son were next to us.

Don't forget to ask Ophiman to post a video clip of him chasing down a foul ball.
5/19/2013 8:54:47 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A few pictures from Ophiman's and Bob's day at PK Park. What a great venue for baseball. The day couldn't have gone any better. If it were a women's softball game, the 10-run rule would have stopped the game after 8 innings.
5/19/2013 9:00:48 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I love this picture.
5/19/2013 9:04:07 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Better not let Mrs. Ophiman see this picture as he is flirting with a young Beaver coed.
5/19/2013 9:06:33 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Picture of PK Park from the third-base line.
5/19/2013 9:09:24 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great shot of Matt Boyd. If you blow up the picture, you get a great shot of the field and Autzen in the background.
5/19/2013 9:11:48 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Wetzler on the mound.
5/19/2013 9:14:42 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, we were hoping you were going to come by and say hello. Sorry we missed you
5/19/2013 9:17:31 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Last picture, I promise. Great view of the reserved seating area.
5/19/2013 9:36:31 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
PK panorama - Taken by Ophiman. Ophi, it lost a bit of its luster when I reduced the pixel size to send, but still a great picture.
5/19/2013 9:41:45 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
But we did. A very beautiful women.

Dodger Matt wrote:
You didn't see Mrs. Conforto? Too bad for you guys.
5/19/2013 9:44:20 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Actually, Ophi almost trampled her young son in an effort to catch a foul ball. Truth be told, I think Ophi was trying to save the young Yeskie from being hit the with foul ball.

BeaverBob wrote:
But we did. A very beautiful women.

Dodger Matt wrote:
You didn't see Mrs. Conforto? Too bad for you guys.
5/19/2013 9:49:43 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, we couldn't tell if Conforto's homer today cleared the batting cage building or bounced off of it. If you or anybody else was watching, did his homer clear the building on a fly?

Florida Beaver wrote:
I know I am VERY happy Conforto's bat showed up yesterday. Been missing that
5/19/2013 9:50:30 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here you go. No pictures of his homerun, but one of him standing in the outfied.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Really? All those pics and not a single Conforto shot? I don't believe it.

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73