Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/24/2013 11:02:21 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
borguy, I need to disagree. The Beavs have played and won with small ball all year. Why change now. Get the tying run and then worry about the winning run.

borgguy wrote:
no just poor hitting at that stage in the game you cant really afford to give up outs with sacrafices, you have to trust you hitters to do what they need to do. and as blake said hard to do the squeeze when home is a force out too....
5/24/2013 11:04:39 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
On a positive note for the Beavers
http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/05/osu_baseball_new_zealand_star.html

"OSU baseball: New Zealand star chooses Oregon State"
5/24/2013 11:07:34 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Of all of the teams in the league, the Cougs seem to have the Beaver's number. The year that the Beavers didn't avance to post season, I think it was 2008, the Cougs embarassed the Beavers.

Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
borgguy wrote:
consecutive inning ending double plays each time with the winning run in scoring position.... wow that was an epic fail.....

Very poor coaching!

nope.. that pac title is a bugger. Love it. You guys will seal it tomorrow. But remember.. no team is immune to the baseball gods..case in point.. tonight. I turned it off, because i got sick of parker talking about all the great things that were coming the beavs way.. ha
5/24/2013 11:11:49 PM
Topic:
Oregon vs Utes

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I'm sure you saw this, but Thorpe was selected to pitch for Team USA.
"Oregon's Tommy Thorpe will pitch for USA collegiate team this summer"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/05/oregons_tommy_thorpe_will_pitc.html
5/24/2013 11:17:36 PM
Topic:
Who is the Best Pitcher in the Pac 12?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What do you all think? Appel? Boyd? Thorpe? Moore? Plutko? Kellog? Sherfy? Who else?

How about Starting pitcher?

Closer?

Best Freshmen?
5/24/2013 11:21:23 PM
Topic:
Who is the Best Position Player in the Pac 12?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What do you all think? Healy? Benjamin? Conforto?

How about the best Freshmen?
5/24/2013 11:22:52 PM
Topic:
Who is the Best Pitcher in the Pac 12?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Both are great. I'm watching Appel beat UCLA tonight.

How about the SEC? Who do you think?

LSU_Blake wrote:
The only ones I'm really familiar with is Appel and Sherfy, so just throwing darts but the rest of the nation hears a lot about Appel and his success. Dude is a stud.
5/24/2013 11:28:10 PM
Topic:
Linfield College

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Linfield College got off to a good start on their way to a national title in DIV III. For those of you unfamiliar with Linfield, they are located in McMinville, Oregon, about 60 minutes from Corvallis, Oregon. They are coached by Scott Brosius, an alum of Linfield, former Yankee, and World Series MVP.

http://www.linfield.edu/sports/release.php?id=5009
5/25/2013 1:09:24 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 15 -- FINAL WEEK

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Nicely done Matt. One of the reasons I listen to Mike Parker is because I know I will get a lesson in literature and rhetoric. I love your writing as I pick up learnings on grammar and word usage. Thanks for adding meaning to my otherwise boring and saddened evening.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Day one

Three extra inning games today, two of which ended with the lower-ranked team on top.
  • Washington State 10, Oregon State 9 (11). The Beavers batted around in the first, knocking 5 hits and scoring 5 runs, and it looked like an easy win for OSU. Matt Boyd missed getting his 11th win, even though he pitched 7.0 innings, limiting the Cougars to 4 hits, and left the game with an 8-1 lead. Instead the OSU bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 8th, and 4 more in the 9th, highlighted by a two-run homer by Jason Monda to tie it 9-9 and send an easy win into extra innings. Thanks to four Beaver errors, including one by 2nd baseman Andy Peterson in the top of the 11th that allowed the winning unearned run to score, Oregon State threw away the game. They had bases loaded with one in the bottom of the 11th, but decided to let Jake Rodriguez swing away rather than try to lay down a safety squeeze to tie it, and Rodriguez grounded into a game-ending double play. Dylan Davis had 2 hits and 3 RBIs for the Beavers. Monda was 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs and a homer for the Cougs.

And now, I interrupt this day one summary to offer another pet peeve example of the OSU sports staff misusing the word “lead”...

“Oregon State had lead 7-0 after five innings and took a 9-5 lead into the ninth before four runs from WSU.”

Yes, folks, the Beavers had LEAD--that toxic metal that causes neurological impairment, coma, stupor, and death--after five innings. No wonder they played like zombies. Whaaaaa?

BTW, nice (correct) use of the word LEAD (rhymes with “need”) later in the same sentence. Beware: Taking a lead that early can lead to lead poisoning.

Washington State leads series 1-0.

• Oregon 6, Utah 2. The Ducks scratched single runs in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th innings, then broke for 3 in the 6th to take a 6-0 lead, and Tommy Thorpe pitched a no-hitter through 7 innings but was lifted for some reason. Darnell Hunter, who relieved Thorpe in the 8th, gave up two walks, two hits, and two earned runs. Tyler Baumgartner had 3 hits for the Ducks, and Ryon Healy had 2 RBIs.
    Oregon leads series 1-0.

• Stanford 2, UCLA 1. In the day’s lowest-scoring game, we saw what used to be known on Friday nights as a “pitchers’ duel”. Stanford’s Mark Appel limited the Bruins to 3 hits and 1 earned run over 8 innings, outpitching Adam Plutko, who gave up 5 hits and 2 earned runs over 7. Justin Ringo had 2 hits for the Cardinal.
    Stanford leads series 1-0.

• Washington 8, Arizona State 7 (11). The other 11-inning game looked very similar to the first. ASU scored 4 runs in the 2nd and looked prepared to cruise to a win, but the Huskies roared back with 5 runs in the 5th to take a one-run lead. The Devils tied it in the 6th. The teams traded runs in the 8th, and went to extra innings tied 6-6. They again traded single runs in the 10th, but UW broke the 7-7 tie in the bottom of the 11th with a two-out single. Robert Pehl was 3 for 6 with 2 RBIs for the Huskies. Jake Peevyhouse was 3 for 5 with 2 RBIs for the Devils.
    Washington leads series 1-0.

• Arizona 4, USC 3 (10). Nothing like a trio of extra innings games on the final weekend of pac-12 play. The Trojans scored first, scratching across a run in the 5th, but Arizona came back with 2 in the bottom of the frame and added one in the 6th. The Trojans tied it again in the 7th with two more runs, and the third game headed into overtime, this one tied 3-3. In the bottom of the 10th Zach Gibbons singled home Kevin Newman from second for the winning run. Gibbons was 4 for 5 and Newman had 2 RBIs for Arizona.
    Arizona leads series 1-0.

5/25/2013 1:15:28 AM
Topic:
Linfield College

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I was shocked when they were not selected. Two kids that grew up down our street and went to our local high school with my daughter, play on GFU's baseball team, and their parents were sure they would be moving to post season. At least I have on one of my alma maters moving to post season.
Go Beavs
Dodger Matt wrote:
George Fox should have gotten an at-large. They had the #5 ISR in D3 and got passed up. Second place finish to #1 ISR and top-ranked Linfield. I know there are only a handful of at-large bids in D3, and in the human polls GFU was not highly ranked, but it took Linfield a 13-inning 2-1 victory over George Fox on the Bruins' last conference game of the season to clinch the NWC title. Now watch the Wildcats cut through the postseason.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2013
5/25/2013 8:27:31 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
While Moore was not as good as last Saturday, another complete game and a shut out. WSU is the best hitting team I have seen play the Beavers this year. I'm looking forward to another great day at the ball park tomorrow. The weather was great today. However, looking a bit iffy tomorrow.

OpihiMan wrote:
Moore (12-1) drops his ERA to 1.22 while registering his 3rd complete game shutout.
5/25/2013 8:34:20 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Cougars

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, the educator in me is coming out. Please post the following 100 times: The Beavers are the best. The Beavers are the best. The Beavers are the best. heeheeheehoho!

Oh, please post in 12-size font and Arial font. Double spaced if you would.

RD, thanks for being a great Pupil.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Okay RD....The Beavers are the best now. NO DOUBT about it. You may continue to post that. We, the Beaver Brotherhood, will allow it.
5/25/2013 8:38:58 PM
Topic:
Anyone Else Having Issues with D1 Baseball?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, you are a great sport.

Riverduck wrote:
I can't get it for some reason..
5/25/2013 8:58:45 PM
Topic:
Another Source for College Baseball Scores

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
If you weren't already aware, here is another source for college baseball scores.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/scores-live?type=Top%2025
5/25/2013 9:21:51 PM
Topic:
Linfield College

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Another good day for the Wildcats.

Linfield beats Southern Main: 10-1.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/linfield_wildcats_in_ncaa_divi_1.html#incart_m-rpt-2
5/25/2013 9:22:45 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good to hear. I'll go back and check.

LSU_Blake wrote:
They aren't d1 though. My D1 on the computer is running right now.
5/25/2013 9:28:05 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Working on my phone and IPad, but not on my computer. I have cleared the cashe and memory, but still no good on my computer.

LSU_Blake wrote:
Working on my phone too but that hasn't been the case for most of the day. I hope they are back up for good because its tough keeping up with the PAC-12 without it.
5/25/2013 9:31:11 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I meant to mention in my early post that I agree with you. No acceess to game tracker. It seems like this guy who owns or manages D1 Baseball understands what we, the customer want, but may not have a good business model. I hope he doesn't go belly up or shut down the site.
LSU_Blake wrote:
They aren't d1 though. My D1 on the computer is running right now.
5/26/2013 12:58:38 PM
Topic:
Anyone Else Having Issues with D1 Baseball?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, try using Firefox

Riverduck wrote:
I can't get it for some reason..
5/26/2013 9:42:07 PM
Topic:
Breaking down the NCAA hosts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Nicely done Kendall. So, can you continue the 100% projections for the top 8 seeds. Top of mind for me is -- will the Ducks receive a national seed? The Beaver in me hopes not. However, a national seed for the Ducks will buoy the Pac 12.

Kendall wrote:
The NCAA Regional host sites have been announced .... and we accurately predicted all 16 of them.
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8509
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73