Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/26/2013 9:55:20 PM
Topic:
HOST SITES ANNOUNCED

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
How about Eugene? It would showcase two excellent pitching teams and two average hitting teams.

LSU_Blake wrote:
I agree Borgguy. Arkansas has to be the Top 2 seed or close to it so I could see them going to a host site like that. Do you think they might get shipped to UCLA too.
5/26/2013 9:58:55 PM
Topic:
How can USC host over Arkansas at this point?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Blake, your attitute is much like us Beavers regarding the Ducks and RD. While the real Beaver Fans absolutely hate and are disgusted by the Ducks, we have taken RD under our Beaver tails and have grown to like him

LSU_Blake wrote:
Heck I don't know why I'm even taking up for Arkansas. One of m least favorite teams and I dislike Van Horn. I just try to respect them for hogfan.
5/26/2013 10:29:01 PM
Topic:
HOST SITES ANNOUNCED

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I agree. Just hoping. I can see some great discussion between Hogfan and Rd.

LSU_Blake wrote:
It would shock me to see them go there. Especially if Oregon is a Top 8 tomorrow. I will say that a lot of teams that are supposed to win their automatic bids are winning them, which means a lot of quality teams in each regional. Would be cool to see the pitching matchup between them.
5/26/2013 11:02:20 PM
Topic:
Breaking down the NCAA hosts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, are Stanford and Arizona going to make the field of 64? I can't believe that the SEC will have 8-9 teams, the ACC will have 6-8 teams, but the Pac 12 will only have 4 teams. I see a complete eastcoast bias here.What say you?

Kendall wrote:
The NCAA Regional host sites have been announced .... and we accurately predicted all 16 of them.
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8509
5/26/2013 11:13:51 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 15 -- FINAL WEEK

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
So, moving forward to Regionals, Supers, and the CWS -- what is the plan for projections? DM, have you given it any thought? I would love to see a little friendly competition continue. Perhaps an expanded projection activity that focuses on both the PAC 12 and the SEC. Any thoughts Blake and Hogfan?
5/26/2013 11:56:38 PM
Topic:
Breaking down the NCAA hosts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, what do you base your statement on when you say the Pac 12 is down on talent? I have no idea, but I'm not sure I see much difference from previous years. Remember, Arizona won it all last year.

Riverduck wrote:
BB- Like I have been saying for some time. The pac is down on talent. And ESPN loves the ACC and SEC.. so there is your answer.
5/27/2013 9:37:32 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 15 -- FINAL WEEK

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, here is something to dream of for next year. Have fun. It is only 5 minutes and 31 seconds long.
http://www.youtube.com/OSUBeaversAthletics
5/28/2013 12:14:06 AM
Topic:
National seed dilemma: Who should've had them?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I love you man, but I can never, ever, root for the Ducks. I can and will root for other Pac 12 schools. I find the culture and worldview of Eugene and UO to be repugnant and a danger to Our Country.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Looking at it solely from an RPI vantage, the numbers look better for NCST. But I've heard the RPI is not as sacrosanct as it once was in the committee's considerations. Looking at the teams from an ISR perspective, Oregon is two spots higher and their 45-14 record (better by one win) is SOS #4 compared to NCST's #40. Not to mention, sticking with RPI for a second, that 7 of NCST’s wins came from 201+ RPI teams, compared to 1 201+ win for Oregon.

Looking at those top 50 and top 100 numbers using an ISR-based ranking, however, you get these records:

• Oregon vs. top 50: 14-10
  • Oregon vs. top 100: 25-11
  • NCST vs. top 50: 15-10
  • NCST vs. top 100: 23-11
Pretty close. But did the Ducks rely solely on conference competition, or did they try to schedule tough OOC teams? Let’s look at NCST’s noncon teams. Those in the top 50 (ISR) include FlAtlantic (1), Campbell (1), and let’s see...that’s it. Okay, I’ll give you Coastal Carolina, which is #51 and would probably fall into the top 50 RPI. So three games. The Ducks scheduled Fullerton (3), Vanderbilt (3), Gonzaga (2), and even Oregon State (2, only one of which was played). Ten scheduled top 50 nonconference games compared to three for the Wolfpack. And only that Coastal game was away. Seven of Oregon’s ten top 50 noncon games were on the road.

In terms of regional opponents, the two regionals are pretty close: SDakota St (181) vs. Binghamton (186); Rice (26) vs. Ole Miss (20); But San Francisco (32) is much better than Willam and Mary (74). Which team (oregon or NCST) that favors is not obvious, so we’ll call it a wash.

Finally, the only advantage we’re talking about is home field in the second round. But if one got the #8, the other would have gotten the #9, so they would face each other, regardless of which got the #8 or #9 seed (assuming both advance). The only difference would be whether the super regional were in Eugene or Raleigh. So if NCST is all that good, they can prove it on the road. Unless they haven’t proved to the committee that they are confident enough in themselves to actually GO on the road. Maybe they should schedule more away games versus good nonconference foes and stop complaining when they get “jobbed”.

The short synopsis? They jobbed themselves.

DM.. Thanks for that.. I think we can all move forward after that dissection. We need to pull together as pac brothers and root for our league. UCLA got jobbed.. if you ask me. CSF got jobbed. One of those teams will not be moving on. That is a hard one. So, things will work out if it was meant to be.. it is not like the home team of the super regional is home all three games.. Worked out to Kent States advantage last year..
5/28/2013 12:35:33 AM
Topic:
Official 2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I think Ophi was probably in kindergarden or grade school. While I am not a fan of Jerry Allen, his call of the interception is fantastic.

Riverduck wrote:
I have been hangin out talking ducks for a long time.. Kenny comes along and I am cool with that. He knows what he is talking about.. plus he made one of the best plays of all time for the ducks.. remember that Husky game? Oh yeah ophi.. you where still in high school.. Wheaton played college football at the University of Oregon where, in his freshman season in 1994, he made arguably the most famous play in Ducks history known as "The Pick." As time was winding down and the University of Washington was driving down to the Oregon nine-yard line, Wheaton intercepted a Damon Huard pass and ran it back for a touchdown to save the game.
edited by Riverduck on 5/28/2013
5/28/2013 12:40:38 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I love following both Kendall and Aaron Fitt. Regarding national seeds, I tend to agree more with Aaron's analysis, especially as it relates to the Ducks.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/field-of-64-reaction-and-analysis/
edited by BeaverBob on 5/28/2013
5/28/2013 12:51:19 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yes -- He be good at gramer.

Riverduck wrote:
I actually liked Dodger Matt's dissection. When it comes to baseball and grammar.. he is legit.
5/28/2013 1:14:17 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, you seem like a reasonable and intellegent person. I'm sure your Grandfather was a great guy. I think times were different back then and even when you were in school. I do agree about the need for two points of view, whether you call them conservative and liberal, or the right and the wrong, however, most academic institutions have gone way too far in allowing liberal professors to force liberal ideals on students. If they were open to debate and discussion, I would be more favorable, but few are. Eugene, much like Berkely, has become focused on the far-left agenda, including eliminating Christmas and God from the City. It's a shame, because I do like to travel to Eugene as it is a beautiful city.

Riverduck wrote:
Come on BB.. I live in Beaver Country, and I completely agree. Yin and yang is necessary in our life. I was born in Eugene, my parents graduated from U of O, my Grandfather who took me to ducks games back in the 70's, my Grandfather who hopped a train from Nebraska in the great depression to seek a better life. Graduated medical school from OHSU, and founded the radiology department in Eugene.. I am all duck. Sorry BB. My Grandpa graduated from U of O medical school in 44. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19930605&id=EkVWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=d-oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1257,804296
5/28/2013 1:31:48 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, thanks for your last two posts. In hindsight, I should have kept politics and religion out of the discussion. I apologize for diverting the discussion. You have handled the discussion in a very professional and sincere manner.

Riverduck wrote:
I am a true believer in Christmas and God.. accepting that we are of this earth is good enough for me. Extreme measures create chaos and I merely want to get along.. "RD"
5/28/2013 1:44:08 AM
Topic:
Official 2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I wonder if he is dyslexic and it should read Kenny Weaton WTF.

OpihiMan wrote:
He is not Kenny Wheaton, no one would create their user name using their own name followed by "For the win". Not even the most egotistical of all Ducks. Come on RD, and yes I am familiar with the interception.
5/28/2013 7:23:08 PM
Topic:
DM, Regional picks?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74 wrote:
borgguy wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Yes. Most definitely add some SEC teams. Just not all of them. I'd be okay with just LSU and the hogs.

seconded: in deference to our adopted SEC brethren hogfan4life and LSU_Blake take the 4 pac12 teams and LSU and arkansas

i agree

Double agree.i agreei agree
5/28/2013 7:27:56 PM
Topic:
Linfield College

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Linfield wins the DIV III title.

APPLETON, Wis. – Chris Haddeland (Soph., McMinnville, Ore.) threw a complete game in the biggest start of his life and No. 1 Linfield scored four runs in the fourth inning en route to a 4-1 victory over Southern Maine in the championship game of the NCAA Division III Finals Tuesday evening at Fox Cities Stadium.

http://www.linfield.edu/sports/release.php?id=5016
5/28/2013 7:38:04 PM
Topic:
OSU vs ASU 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Count me in. I'll bring the St. Pauli Girl. BTW, what is the expiration date on St. Pauli Girl. I still have a six pack left in my fridge in the garage from several years ago.
5/28/2013 7:45:27 PM
Topic:
OSU vs ASU 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Fred, a friend of mine just bought a house in Chandler for about 1/3 of what it would cost up here in the Portland area. He is trying to get me to buy a house in the same neighborhood. He is planning on eventually moving there, but will keep it as a place to escape during the winter months until he retires. How far is Tempe from Chandler?

I love the climate in the area except for the months of June through August.

ASU74 wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Just game tickets? Dam. I was hoping for round trip airline tickets too.

I said arrange not purchase. If you wish I can arrange for your round trip airline tickets..not pay for.

I know you guys...If I offered ya a cookie, next thing I know you will want a gallon of milk to wash it down.

However, if I do purchase a home & move there before the series, I might be pursuaded to invite you guys over for some adult beverages.
Toast
5/30/2013 11:25:31 PM
Topic:
Combined Pac-12 and SEC Regional Predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ark 2-2
ASU 2-2
LSU 3-0
Ore 3+
OSU 3-0
SCar 3+
· UCLA 3+
edited by BeaverBob on 5/30/2013
6/1/2013 7:18:35 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs UCSB

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Anybody know why mike Parker is not broadcasting tonight?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73