Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

6/12/2013 8:41:12 PM
Topic:
So who is going to Omaha?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, I'm seriously considering it. Back in 2006, I went for the last 3 games against UNC. I arrived late, caught the last 4 innings of the first game. We had to sleep in a rental car the first night. However, it turned out to be one of the best vacations/trips ever. Just be prepared for the heat and humidity if you have never been to Omaha. I've never experienced a more humid and hot place.

My wife is looking at flights and hotels beginning on Friday or Saturday begininning June 21st. I've also considered just jumping in the car and driving.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm heavily considering it...I have a place to stay and transportation, only need to get a plane ticket. Oregon state wouldhave to win it's first 2 games though...
6/12/2013 8:51:13 PM
Topic:
UNC vs OSU

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I agree about some payback. It would also be fun to have a new rival in LSU and have some lively discussions with Blake and Hedgehog. Sorry RD, but the Ducks proved to be no match and the Beavs have already had some fun with UNC.

FB, on another note, it was great seeing your brother on Monday night at the game. I can tell there is some brotherly love in your family. Chris was sharing a little bit about your childhood and your bed wetting issues. Sorry to hear. I really enjoyed the phone call from one of his friends at the Tangent Tavern, while at the game, saying that Chris, Dodger Matt, DM's friend Dick, and Ophiman were on TV.

I'm glad he could join us.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
I have Oregon State beating LSU, but I would gladly watch OSU beat UNC again too. Would enjoy seeing OSU beat NC State and UCLA too, but those would not be as much fun. :p

Been to UNC twice. Won both times. Already beat UCLA this year. NC State would be nice. Would LOVE to play LSU in the finals. Little bit of payback from last year is hanging around waiting to be picked up by the tiggers.

edited by BeaverBob on 6/12/2013
6/13/2013 1:07:09 PM
Topic:
***Perfect Game All-Americans***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for posting Kendall.
I really don't get the Mark Appel thing. He got beat by the best two teams in the Pac 12 - OSU and Oregon.
I really thought that Dylan Davis was the best player for the Beavers this year, not Michael Conforto.
Interesting that Jimmy Sherfy got no mention.
6/13/2013 5:32:11 PM
Topic:
***Perfect Game All-Americans***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I tend to be a numbers guy. Davis clearly had the best year.

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html
Player avg gp-gs ab r h 2b 3b hr rbi tb slg% bb hbp so gdp ob% sf sh sb-att po a e fld%

Davis, Dylan
.343 59-58 242 44 83 22 3 5 58 126 .521 17 1 32 1 .383 4 1 9-12 102 4 2 .981

Conforto, Michael .320 61-61 231 46 74 10 1 11 45 119 .515 39 14 43 5 .444 2 0 6-10 102 7 4 .965

borgguy wrote:
considering BB that Michael was the POY for the conference, thats a hard sell. Dylan has certainly had a very good year, but I think MC was better, especially late

edited by BeaverBob on 6/13/2013
6/14/2013 2:20:38 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just wanted to get a thread going for the Beavs vs the Bulldogs.

SATURDAY
Noon:
Oregon State (50-11) vs. Mississippi State (48-18)
On the air: TV on ESPN2, radio on KPOJ 620
6/14/2013 2:24:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here is a link to live updates and schedule of possible Beaver game times through Monday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/oregon_state_at_the_college_wo.html#incart_river

FRIDAY
6 a.m.:
Team photo at TD Ameritrade Park
7 to 8 a.m.: Workout at stadium
8:30 to 9 a.m.: Autograph session at stadium
Noon-1 p.m.: Mississippi State/Oregon State/Indiana/Louisville press conference
SATURDAY
Noon:
Oregon State (50-11) vs. Mississippi State (48-18)
On the air: TV on ESPN2, radio on KPOJ 620
5 p.m.: Indiana (48-18) vs. Louisville (51-12)
On the air: TV on ESPN
SUNDAY
Noon:
North Carolina (57-10) vs. North Carolina State (49-14)
5 p.m.: UCLA (44-17) vs. LSU (57-9)
On the air: Both games on TV on ESPN2
MONDAY
Noon: Saturday's losers play
5 p.m.: Saturday's winners play
TUESDAY
Noon: Sunday's losers play
5 p.m.: Sunday's winners play
6/14/2013 4:33:37 PM
Topic:
DM....We doing a CWS pisk 'em?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm going way out on a limb and predicting a Pac 12 final. The Beavs will beat the Bruins 2-1 in the finals.

OSU 3-0
Lou 2-2
MSU 1-2
Ind 0 -2

UCLA 3-1
LSU 3-2
UNC 1-2
NCST 0-2

Championship: OSU 2-1
6/14/2013 4:38:57 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Kansas State

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, my mother said I was the biggest egg she ever hatched.

Ya, we had a good time at the game. The only thing better would have have been if Ophi supplied us with micro beers like he did on Saturday.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB,

My brother said he had a great time at the game. Could hardly hear him over the phone because his voice was nearly gone from yelling. I really want to thank you for inviting him. You a good egg. (Beavers are hatched,, right?) LOL

Oh, BTW. I was watching the game at work and I did see what I thought was him on one of the camera pans of the crowd. Turns out I was right. When I talked to him I asked if he was wearing an orange Beavs hat with just a big O on the front. He said he started getting call like a minute after they panned y'all.

So a Beaver's winning baseball game with you great guys AND a national tv exposure. Some days just don't get any better.
6/14/2013 4:54:47 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, you have brought back some horrible memories of my second grade experience. I had to visit Mr. Smith, a speach pathologist for 3 months. I was unable to pronounce the letters sh. For example, instead of saying shoe, I would say sue.

Unfortunately, my inablity to properly pronunciate caused many issues. Several times, I would tell my teacher that I needed to sit, so she would tell me to just go ahead and have a seat. Well...you can image the rest.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Maybe for each side of the bracket for the 4 teams? 0-2 1-2, 2-2, 3-1 3-0?

(and a pisk em is almost lick a pick em, just with an intoxicated lisp)
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/14/2013

edited by BeaverBob on 6/14/2013
6/15/2013 12:03:11 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
You two are hilarious. I got my fix of comedy. I won't need to watch HBO tonight.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Several times, I would tell my teacher that I needed to sit, so she would tell me to just go ahead and have a seat. Well...you can image the rest.

Reminds of two pieces of toast....

In the Coast Guard, we used to call them shingles, not toast.
6/15/2013 12:04:21 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great twitter feed and picture from Matt Boyd.

https://twitter.com/mattboyd31
6/15/2013 12:14:19 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
One more thing. You gotta watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_8_NdgWWan4#!

BeaverBob wrote:
You two are hilarious. I got my fix of comedy. I won't need to watch HBO tonight.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Several times, I would tell my teacher that I needed to sit, so she would tell me to just go ahead and have a seat. Well...you can image the rest.

Reminds of two pieces of toast....

In the Coast Guard, we used to call them shingles, not toast.
6/15/2013 12:17:09 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I agree FB. The Beavs got a bum deal by having to move their game to Saturday. They really could have used one more day of rest.

Florida Beaver wrote:
I like the fact of Moore pitching on Saturday instead of the usual rotation that has Boyd on the mound first. After Boyd pitching last Friday and then pitching as the closer on Sunday (which I thought was pretty cool as it was his last game at Goss Field) his arm needs as much rest as possible. Pitching on Monday would be good for resting his arm, however, pitching Wetzler on Monday in the winner's bracket (yeah, I think we will beat MSU) and putting in Boyd for the winner of the loser bracket game would be good too. Depending on how many games the other bracket has to play would be a determining factor in the CWS finals rotation for the OSU arms to rest.
6/15/2013 12:36:35 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Blake, this link was posted on the Rivals Board. Looks like most of Vegas has UNC picked to win. Very suprising to me. The next choices are LSU or OSU.

Link: http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/mlb/2013-06-13/college-world-series-odds-2013-cws-teams-schedule-dates-las-vegas-unc-lsu-ucla

LSU_Blake wrote:
Mississippi State hits the ball very well and run the bases very well. Watch out for Hunter Renfroe. He is the only batter in the SEC that I hold my breath for when he is at the plate. He may be one of the few that can hit it out of TD Ameritrade Park. The crazy thing is is that he plays outfield and is very fast and runs well on on the bases. Usually don't see that power and speed combo but he has plenty of both.
6/15/2013 12:54:07 AM
Topic:
So who is going to Omaha?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hedegoba88, your statement below sounds like a bumper sticker. Just wait until you have been married 30 years. My wife and I will celebrate our 30th in October. Not a bad life, but get your traveling done early in your marriage. When the kids come, it's not as easy until they are out of the house and you have paid for their college.

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate

Hedegoba88 wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:
It's on my bucket list but I probably won't go unless LSU goes again. I'm like you, too much going on at work and I'm already taking a Disney World trip with the family in the winter so it's out of the question for me. I don't think my wife and girls would like it too much if I traded Disney for Omaha. I've never been to fond of sleeping on the couch.

Yea, getting married a month ago really sealed my fate this year. Pretty much used up all my vacation days on that. It's times like these that I miss being in college. Senior year at LSU was '09, was able to fly there the first weekend and catch 2 games. Then when LSU made the finals, me and a bunch of friends drove up for the championship series. What I would do to have free time like that now.

If LSU does make the championship series, I haven't given up hope. I still may find a way to get up there. It is such an awesome trip, make sure you scratch it off the bucket list someday!!
edited by Hedegoba88 on 6/13/2013
6/15/2013 1:47:27 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Anyone watching this game online? ESPN3 is blacked out for me for some reason, but it says I can view it on ESPN2. If anyone has a working live stream, could you post the URL here please?

[font=Helvetica]http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-world-series-preview/[/font]
edited by BeaverBob on 6/15/2013
6/15/2013 1:49:52 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Anyone watching this game online? ESPN3 is blacked out for me for some reason, but it says I can view it on ESPN2. If anyone has a working live stream, could you post the URL here please?

[font=Helvetica]http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-world-series-preview/[/font]
edited by BeaverBob on 6/15/2013

DM, I downloaded the app Watch ESPN Live, but was also able to aceess the channel with the link above. There is gymnasicts on it right now.
6/15/2013 3:52:07 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Trying to catch the game between graduation ceremonies. I see the link I sent you was not the link I intended to send. Sorry about that. I don't have access to it right now.

Dodger Matt wrote:
DM wonders aloud whether all the Beaver fans have traveled to Omaha as nobody is trading lame posts with him on the PG forum. Makes a face that no one can see, swigs a beer, and watches GameTracker animation of Conforto's ground-rule double.
6/15/2013 4:16:09 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, you can try this link. But it's one of those where you have to download some other software.

http://www.stream2watch.me/baseball/mississippi-state-bulldogs-vs-oregon-state-live-stream

Dodger Matt wrote:
I think if someone has a working URL, I could probably see the game.
6/15/2013 5:49:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:
Man what a great game to kick off the CWS, though it isn't quite the result the beavs wanted.

I am really having a hard time feeling bad for the beavs. I want UCLA to win it all. Just not sure if the Pac is up to it this year.

Sore loser RD. don't you have to fly south for the summer?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72