Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

6/19/2013 10:18:55 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Hoosiers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, take a look at my picks. I had OSU vs UCLA for the finals.

Riverduck wrote:
Suddenly I am not feeling so bad about my ducks.. yeah they are at home, but hell, The Beavs and the Bruins are showing everyone that the Pac is Back.
6/19/2013 11:13:24 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Hoosiers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Not to be confused with Door Matt.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Super-Beaver juice. Oh, not Beaver Matt, Dodger Matt? Uh, Rainier and iced tea. Big Grin
6/20/2013 12:11:19 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Hoosiers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, isn't this the case for all sports - just score one more run than your opponent and you win.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
Lost in this glorious performance by Matt Boyd is Indiana's pitcher Aaron Slegers's performance: He also pitched a complete game and scattered 7 hits and 1 earned run, walking 2 and striking out 5. That kid was very good, and that performance was good enough to win 90% of games.

yep.. that is the case, but in baseball all you need to do is score one more than your opponent. Beavs certainly did that.
6/20/2013 12:19:36 AM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Hoosiers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A friend sent me this video. A touching story of a dog and its Beaver Friend. RD, yes, Beavers are loved by all of God's creatures.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/dog-mourns-beaver-video_n_3166292.html
6/20/2013 11:44:20 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Bulldawgs (part deux)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, thanks for the French lesson. As Rodney Dangerfield said, watch out for number un, but don't step in number deux.
As I know your beautiful wife comes from that part of the world, I only have postive things to say about the French tonight.
6/21/2013 3:09:09 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Another article from Lindsay Snail, a so-called sports writer at the Fish Wrapper regarding Jace Fry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/college_world_series_if_needed.html#incart_river

Dodger Matt wrote:
The Beaver website is saying Jace Fry might get the start tomorrow. Hmmm....

Probable Starters: OSU LHP Jace Fry (0-1, 8.31) or RHP Andrew Moore (14-1, 1.57) vs. MSU LHP Luis Pollorena (6-3, 4.32)

That would be quite interesting. I thought from the beginning of this year that his loss from the rotation would be a huge blow to Oregon State's chances to win it all. Well, the Beavers have made it to Omaha, mostly without his help (although he has 4.1 IP over 5 game appearances). Now, assuming he's in shape, he has a chance to make a mark in a big way. I say if he can go even 4 innings anywhere close to as good as he was last year, we should be in really good shape. And if he just runs out of gas (weather is supposed to be upper 80s from noon up into the low 90s for a high) in a close game, we might see Schultz or Child pitch long relief. It's hard to guess those changes until you know the game situation, but I think if he can win without using Moore, Wetzler, or Boyd at all tomorrow, Casey will hold them for Saturday.
6/21/2013 4:27:49 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Beavers are down to their final three outs. Will need a little luck and some bats.
6/21/2013 4:46:51 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yes, a great season. While we will lose several seniors, we should have a great nucleus coming back.

OpihiMan wrote:
Great season for the Beavs! Too bad Nate Yeskie had to come rearing his ugly head again
6/21/2013 10:49:18 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, good analysis. If I were Schulz, Child, or Bryant, no way would I stick around. While there was so many positives about this year, the real failure was in not using any of these guys in the last 1/4 of the season and so they weren't prepared or had lost confidence when they were needed. I'm not sure if this was a Yeskie or a Casey decision, however, I think it is the single biggest cause for the Beavers not playing in the championship round.

Florida Beaver wrote:
They had Moore's number from game 1. Sure wish they would have started Jace. Ah well. Lose a few seniors. Probably a few will take the money to go pro (minors). I'd like to see Weztler, Child, Rodriguez and Schultz stick around for another year, but somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen. Weztler's gone, Child would be smart to stick around and get a bit better. I don't think he has the big league arm and not sure he will. Rodriguez has a numbered amount of years to play behind the plate as catching is so hard on the body. I'd hate to see him go, but you gotta make your mark when you can (see Quizz Rodgers, Steven Jackson, Jacoby Ellsbury). But he'd be a killer next year behind the plate for us. Fry, Moore, Englbrekt, Jackson, Painton and maybe Bauer gives lots of option on the mound next year. Conforto, Keyes, Peterson, Double D. That's a good core group in the field and on the bats. Yeah....look out next year. We'll be back

Good year. Ended 4 games too early, but hey, we made Omaha again. Better than staying home like a wounded bird. Been nice hangin and talkin with y'all. BB, thanks for taking my brother to the game. DM, your weekly picks are a definite highlight and borguy, your day to day analysis is great. RD, Opihi, BQ, our new LSU fans, Devils, Arizona and Stanford fans.....(and the oregon fans too)....it's been quite a year. The Bruins are still in the hunt and look good to take the 'heels...so here's to back-to-back Pac champions! Y'all take care now, ya hear?
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/21/2013

edited by BeaverBob on 6/21/2013
6/21/2013 10:53:13 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Speaking of the Fish Wrapper, they had major layoffs today. Sounds like a good chunk of their sports reporting team was let go including John Hunt who was at the CWS and immediately flew home. It's too bad they didn't get rid of all of the liberal, commie, so-called journalists that they employ.

BeaverBob wrote:
Another article from Lindsay Snail, a so-called sports writer at the Fish Wrapper regarding Jace Fry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/college_world_series_if_needed.html#incart_river

Dodger Matt wrote:
The Beaver website is saying Jace Fry might get the start tomorrow. Hmmm....

Probable Starters: OSU LHP Jace Fry (0-1, 8.31) or RHP Andrew Moore (14-1, 1.57) vs. MSU LHP Luis Pollorena (6-3, 4.32)

That would be quite interesting. I thought from the beginning of this year that his loss from the rotation would be a huge blow to Oregon State's chances to win it all. Well, the Beavers have made it to Omaha, mostly without his help (although he has 4.1 IP over 5 game appearances). Now, assuming he's in shape, he has a chance to make a mark in a big way. I say if he can go even 4 innings anywhere close to as good as he was last year, we should be in really good shape. And if he just runs out of gas (weather is supposed to be upper 80s from noon up into the low 90s for a high) in a close game, we might see Schultz or Child pitch long relief. It's hard to guess those changes until you know the game situation, but I think if he can win without using Moore, Wetzler, or Boyd at all tomorrow, Casey will hold them for Saturday.

edited by BeaverBob on 6/21/2013
6/22/2013 12:42:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, I won't argue that it is in their best interest as well as the Beavers if they are used and don't just sit on the bench. I'm not sure what changed this year with Casey's philosophy, but he has always taken advantage of his bullpen. I'd say this year's pen might be the best he has ever had and one of the best in the nation.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
FB, good analysis. If I were Schulz, Child, or Bryant, no way would I stick around. While there was so many positives about this year, the real failure was in not using any of these guys in the last 1/4 of the season and so they weren't prepared or had lost confidence when they were needed. I'm not sure if this was a Yeskie or a Casey decision, however, I think it is the single biggest cause for the Beavers not playing in the championship round.

Not gonna get into the Yeskie thing, but I would respectfully disagree on Schultz and Child (Bryant is a senior and has no choice). Child was a starter as a sophomore and with an extra year under his belt would improve tremendously as a returning senior, not just in playing (starting) time but also in his draft prospects. Same for Schultz, who could reasonably make the same closer/reliever to starter transition Boyd made this (his senior) year. I would love to see them both return, and I think the likelihood is strong. The core of this team will be there for another year. Why wouldn't you want to return for an even better chance at a national championship?
6/22/2013 10:19:51 PM
Topic:
Thanks for one Heel of a Ride Diamond Heels

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Part of me was rooting for UNC as I would have loved to have seen a rematch between UNC and OSU. Your coach seem like a class guy, very much like Pat Casey from OSU.

FV4Heels wrote:
This was truly a special season in Chapel Hill. 59-12 was spectacular! We want to thank the boys for all the hard work they put into this season. I enjoyed watching how well you played together and how hard you played for each other! To Colin, Kent, Cody, and Hobbs good luck with your professional careers! To Chaz, Matty, and Munnelly thanks for 4 awesome years in Chapel Hill! Good luck with whatever you decide to do now, whether that be baseball or something else. To Skye, Landon, Parks, Russell, and Zoom, we are already waiting for October baseball with great antiquation. We will be cheering loudly for you in Section 107 coming Feb. of '14!
6/24/2013 9:22:28 PM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The game is playing out pretty much as I expected. I hope the earlier chances that UCLA had in the game don't come back to haunt them.
6/24/2013 9:24:42 PM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just how you started the thread - a bad call on first. While it was a very close play, anything close to a tie should go to the runner.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Kramer beat the pitcher to first. UCLA gets robbed by a poor call first.
6/25/2013 8:47:47 PM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm thinking back to some of us complaining to Kendall that he had UCLA rated way too high for most of the year. Some of us might have to eat a little crow or if you prefer, stuffed Duck.
6/25/2013 9:42:50 PM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Beaver apparel falls in FB's area. I think he keeps a full line of both shaved and bushy Beaver skin apparel and caps.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I'm thinking back to some of us complaining to Kendall that he had UCLA rated way too high for most of the year. Some of us might have to eat a little crow or if you prefer, stuffed Duck.

I was thinking the same thing....maybe a Beaverskin cap...help protect Kendall from the Texas sun.

edited by BeaverBob on 6/25/2013
6/25/2013 9:46:04 PM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, I can't disagree that the Beavers are really the best team.

Thanks too for the chuckle.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Hey, guys, amazing thing to see: Orel Hershiser wearing lavender and purple again. Wow. Who'd've guessed that would happen?

BeaverBob wrote:

Nope. UCLA was still overrated at the time. And I believe the Beavers ARE the superior team. Exactly what UCLA is doing to MSU is what OSU should have done, but we played our freshman both times against them. Not necessarily a bad decision, because Moore was solid the whole year and did not pitch badly in either game. But his game one jitters were the difference. And he was left in the game one inning too long in the last game. If we hadn't had to use Wetzler and Boyd in elim games, this would have been OSU vs. UCLA, and I'll let you decide how that series would have gone.

But your comment reminds me of something that happened at work a few years back. The site manager (in Salem) was a big Oregon Duck fan. He was predicting a Duck win in the Civil War (football), but when the Beavers won, he said in front of the whole assembled company: "I predicted a Duck victory, but it looks like I'm gonna have to eat some Beaver." No, he did not understand why everyone was laughing nor what he had said, until later in the day when someone leaned over and explained it to him. I don't think the guy's wife showed up at work the rest of that year.
6/25/2013 10:03:06 PM
Topic:
How many days until the 2014 season starts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I don't know what I am going to do with myself. I might have to catch a Hops game out in Hillsboro to get my fix of baseball.

Dodger Matt wrote:
I think we have 36-plus weeks to go.... This interminable wait is killing me.
6/27/2013 12:49:18 AM
Topic:
****FINAL COLLEGE TOP 25 for 2012****

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure I get UNC being ranked third ahead of OSU, but everything looks in line. What is your take on how the top 10 will begin next year?
6/27/2013 12:54:53 AM
Topic:
How many days until the 2014 season starts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ouch!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
Wow, 22 seconds. Don't you think you are giving him a little too much credit?

stuck zipper
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72