Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

3/29/2014 8:37:24 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OpihiMan wrote:
Good ole Nate Yeskie rears his arrogant head again...6 batters too late. After 2 visits to the mound and watch Arizona crush him through 2 innings he should've been pulled early in the 3rd. Moore just doesn't look like the freshman phenom we saw last year.

I'd just like to see Yeskie do some coaching versus coming out and looking like an a$$ and yelling at his players. He is quite the motivator.
3/29/2014 8:59:53 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Bring back Dan Spencer as the pitching coach. Yeskie has no idea what he is doing.
3/29/2014 9:08:02 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
With the talent the Beavers have in the bullpen - Englebreckt, Jackson, Shultz, Thompson - no team should ever get 17 hits against them.
3/30/2014 11:50:04 AM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, yes, Yeskie was out yelling at Moore and Ice. I'm not sure what beef he had with Ice. While I tend to be old school and think players are pampered too much, I think public displays of yelling at players is never appropriate. Why not spend the time coaching Moore to help him keep his pitches down in the strike zone?
3/30/2014 11:56:07 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 7

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I second OM. Thanks for the excellent updates. Have you ever thought about starting a side bet or double down on the third game of the series? For example, what is the over/under for the number of times that Yeskie will yell at his pitching staff during the game?
3/30/2014 12:00:05 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Who is this color announcer for the game? What an Arizona homer. Normally, I like to get a flavor for what the TV crew is saying to supplement Mike Parker. However, this guy was just too much, especially when he got on his rant about the size of college baseball rosters and how they should be reduced.
3/30/2014 5:05:33 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs Arizona

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, the Beavs look like the team we saw on Friday. Hopefully, Moore can regain his form from last year against Stanford next week.
3/30/2014 5:10:16 PM
Topic:
Oregon vs Stanford

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, looks like your Ducks woke up today. While I never really root for them to win a game, I did pick Standford to go 2-1, so a Duck win will keep me from the bottom of standings this week.
4/4/2014 10:45:55 AM
Topic:
E8z9N5n6

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'll just forward all of the spam I receive for male enhancement pills and devices. It sounds like he can use it more than me.
4/4/2014 10:49:54 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 8

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
UW 2-1
OSU 3-0 (FB - I can feel a good game from Moore)
ASU 2-1
CAL 2-1
Ariz 2-1
UCLA 2-1
YCP 3-0
4/4/2014 9:31:38 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Stanford

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, Mike Parker just said that Wetzler's ERA is 0.32. WOW!
4/4/2014 9:33:28 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Huskies have a beautiful ball park.
4/4/2014 9:37:00 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, Parker pretty much called the shot when he came to the plate. There was no doubt it was gone when it left his bat.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Missed Conforto's bomb. Was it sweet?

Caught the back-to-back opposite field doubles. Beavs up 4-1, and Wetzler has not surrendered an earned run.
4/4/2014 9:43:37 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I really like the traditional uniforms that Huskies are wearing. Kind of look like the Yankees. While I have always been a Red Sox fan, I'm trying hard to root for the Yankees now that Ellsbury is playing for them.
4/4/2014 10:00:22 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, you out there tonight? The Ducks are looking okay so far.

I never got a chance to say that I was sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, live is getting back to normal for you and your wife. This Board just isn't he same when you aren't as involved.

As I hate to see the Huskies get to much of a lead in the Pac 12, I am secretly hoping the Ducks win 2 out of 3. Please don't tell anybody.
4/4/2014 10:09:25 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Fred, where are you? I hope all is well and you aren't so busy that you don't have time for a St. Pauli Girl. I'm trying to schedule a trip again down to the Phoenix area. One time I am looking at is May 15-17. It looks like the Devils are playing Utah during that weekend. I'm trying to decide if I just stay for the weekend and watch a game or two or head back home. Will I have any trouble ordering tickets on the day of the game? Is it worthwhile watching a game at Packard Stadium? I understand this is the last year they will be playing there.

Perhaps we can talk DM into also watching a game.
4/4/2014 11:00:15 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I just have to share this story about OphiMan, but didn't want to do it with a new thread. OM, you will love this too. Anyhow, several weeks ago, a friend of mine who I have known since I was three years old, my 20 year-old daughter (a current student at Oregon State), and OphiMan went out for pizza after an OSU baseball game. While my daughter had met OphiMan several times before, I'm not sure she knew how I had met him.

While we were eating some Woodstock's pizza and having a glass or two of beer, OM's exact words to my daughter were: "You know that your Dad and I met online." My initial thoughts were that she thought we had a few beers and were just joking around. However, after dinner she went back to her house at OSU and told a few of her friends that she had gone out for dinner with her dad and a few friends, one that her dad had met online. I think her friends must have gotten a kick out of this comment. I think there were several comments made about my Manhood

So tonight, my daughter comes home from OSU for the weekend and brings one of her friends from her house by to visit. Her friend said I didn't look anything like she had expected after my daughter had told her that I had met this guy online and became friends with him. I then asked her what she met by her comment and then she became embarrassed. My wife, who was standing there while this discussion went on just rolled her eyes and said that she wishes I had more online friends that would keep me busy and out of the house.

I'm not sure there is a moral to the story but if you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would even be posting online let alone meeting some of the people in person that I have met online, I would have said you are crazy.

College baseball season is really one of my favorite times of year. I love the games, and yes, the interaction online, and also the chance to meet a few of the folks in person that I have chatted with online. I have had a chance to meet some really great people including Dodger Matt, Ophiman, and Florida Beaver's brother and cousin. It's also been great meeting DM's wife, daughter, and his husband Dick (side joke).
4/5/2014 9:01:27 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yes, I was at the game and also listening to Parker. I didn't get it either. Parker has made a few strange calls lately.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Yes. BTW, Parker, that was not the wheel play and the SS did not take the throw at third.
4/5/2014 9:05:05 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
After the inning, the third base umpire came over to chat between innings. He said he may have missed this call. We also talked after the inning where it looked like a Standford runner was safe at first but called out. He said he would have called it differently.

It's great when the umpires are honest and also take the time to chat with the fans between innings.
Riverduck wrote:
looked very safe to me. was sitting on the bag when the flip was caught.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/5/2014
4/5/2014 9:12:07 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I listened to the pregame interview that Parker did with Caleb Hamilton who is from Washington and why he changed his mind and went to OSU even though he had originally signed a letter of intent with the Huskies. I hope that with the new ball park at Washington and an improved team that the Beavers don't lose their pipeline of players from the state of Washington. It's amazing the players the Beavers have had on their roster the last couple of years from Washington: Schultz, Davis, Conforto, Hamilton, Ice, and Boyd - just to name a few.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Just for perspective, last year at this point in the season, the Huskies were 2-7 in conference (worse than Utah) and in last place. This year, despite last night's loss and wins by the second place teams OSU and UO, they are still a game ahead in first. Quite a one-year turnaround.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73