Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/5/2014 11:40:47 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Huskies almost let this one slip away. Series tied at 1-1.
4/5/2014 11:41:43 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Will be rooting for the Ducks tomorrow. A Duck win puts the Huskies and Beavers tied for first place.
4/5/2014 11:56:28 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, thanks for the additional names. Several years ago, I use to stay at the Hilton on campus when I would come down to watch games. Danny Hayes's parents would also stay at the hotel. I would often sit at the bar in the evening and have a few diet cokes and talk to his parents. What a nice couple. They talked about how important Casey and his Catholic faith was in his decision to attend OSU. They said they just trusted Casey and his staff and that they thought he had their best interests in mind. Even when Hayes struggled at times and was not starting, I never heard his parents say a negative thing about the Coaching staff.

Dodger Matt wrote:
That's exactly right. Lots of Evergreeners on the OSU roster. Casey does tend to get a lot of Catholic and private/religious high school kids...Boyd, Osich, Engelbrekt, Trever Morrison, Dan Child, Danny Hayes. Lots of top out-of-state kids will still want to play for Casey regardless of how good UW and their facilities become.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/6/2014
4/6/2014 12:24:24 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I don't think Eugene and the University Oregon acknowledge God. Perhaps a better phrase is - devil awful. Remember, Eugene is the city that banned Christmas.

http://www.catholicleague.org/christmas-tree-censored-in-eugene-oregon/

Florida Beaver wrote:
The Oregon unis are god-awful. The angled florescent green pockets on the back of the pants are atrocious. It looks like they are wearing long johns.

4/6/2014 2:44:58 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for sharing the picture DM. I see a resemblance with Danny. Is this the young man I met at one of the OSU games? I just remember how polite he was. Seems like he was a musician/artist.
4/6/2014 2:49:17 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I think I will be watching the last game of the series tomorrow with your brother Chris and his wife. I'm looking forward to it.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB, I am way out here in Florida, so what goes on in Eugene, while it is big news around there, really is a drop in the bucket here. Heck, we got wannabe po-pos shooting kids and claiming self defense. So UofO banning Christmas is not Florida worthy news. Oregon State winning back-to-back CWS on the other hand IS Florida news worthy.

BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I don't think Eugene and the University Oregon acknowledge God. Perhaps a better phrase is - devil awful. Remember, Eugene is the city that banned Christmas.

Florida Beaver wrote:
The Oregon unis are god-awful. The angled florescent green pockets on the back of the pants are atrocious. It looks like they are wearing long johns.

4/6/2014 2:53:42 AM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I knew what you meant by your post. You are correct about each. I know Danny's parents would drive up from the Sacramento area. I also remember how they enjoyed getting out of the state of California and spending time in Corvallis.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
DM, thanks for the additional names.

Well, one clarification: Those are all out of state kids from Catholic schools; not all from WA. Osich was from Idaho; Child and Hayes from NoCal, I think.

Plus, Pat Bailey also has Christian school cred, having coached at George Fox all those years.
4/6/2014 8:36:20 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ditto. The Huskies were playing Ducks baseball this weekend.

Dodger Matt wrote:
This has been a great series, BTW. Love the 10th inning excitement.
4/6/2014 8:38:21 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, thanks for sharing about your son Chris. I'm sure the Lord his own plan for Chris.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Thanks for sharing the picture DM. I see a resemblance with Danny. Is this the young man I met at one of the OSU games? I just remember how polite he was. Seems like he was a musician/artist.

No, the young man you met at the game was my son Peter. This picture is of Chris, who passed away in 2005.
4/6/2014 8:46:09 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 8

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, I made it to the top half. Thanks for the quick results Matt.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 8 scores
  • 26.0 Dodger Matt
  • 24.0 borgguy
  • 23.0 BeaverBob
  • 22.0 Florida Beaver
  • 22.0 OpihiMan
  • 22.0 Rowdy
  • 21.0 OregonG20
  • 19.0 WildCard85
  • 17.0 RiverDuck
4/6/2014 9:03:56 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I had a great time with your brother and his wife. Really good people. He spoke quite highly of you. They said they were looking forward to visiting you in July to celebrate your 30th wedding anniversary. Congrats!! My wife and I celebrated our 30th last October. It is hard to believe she has put up with me for 30 years of marriage and another 5 of dating.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Well Hell, Yall have a good time. Drink one for me. Tell my brother I said hello.

BeaverBob wrote:
FB, I think I will be watching the last game of the series tomorrow with your brother Chris and his wife. I'm looking forward to it.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB, I am way out here in Florida, so what goes on in Eugene, while it is big news around there, really is a drop in the bucket here. Heck, we got wannabe po-pos shooting kids and claiming self defense. So UofO banning Christmas is not Florida worthy news. Oregon State winning back-to-back CWS on the other hand IS Florida news worthy.

BeaverBob wrote:

Florida Beaver wrote:

4/7/2014 12:52:00 PM
Topic:
Who's YOUR surprise of the year so far?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I agree with Washington. I enjoyed watching the entire series with Oregon this weekend. It was great seeing them come from 2 down in the 10th to beat the Ducks on Sunday. The Ducks are going to be hurting if their rookie pitcher, Kruik, has serious arm issues.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/7/2014
4/7/2014 3:53:11 PM
Topic:
Oregon State and RPI

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hey Kendall and others -- Might OSU ultimately be hurt by its RPI and weak schedule when it comes time for national seeds. Although the Beavers are in the top 8 in most polls, they are in the 30s for RPI and I think #7 in ISR as of today. I can't see how they move into the top 15 in RPI by the time seeding selections are made. I know that RPI is a key factor in seeding.

If they win the Pac 12, I don't think they need to worry about a national seed, but if they were to slip and lose a few games and finish second, will the RPI play a big role in their seeding?
4/7/2014 3:55:31 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Gentlemen, you are too kind.
4/7/2014 9:17:03 PM
Topic:
International Beaver Day

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, DM -- I was expecting something totally different. Way to keep me/us off balance.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/7/2014
4/8/2014 1:33:57 AM
Topic:
International Beaver Day

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Okay -- FB, we have similar creative and bright minds. While I could add much more to this discussion, for a change, I'll stop here.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/8/2014
4/8/2014 1:45:35 AM
Topic:
International Beaver Day

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, my final comments for the evening. In the spirit of maintaining the environment and our wonderful forests in the State of Oregon -- Eat a Beaver, save a tree.
I've also copied a link to get your t-shirt under the same phrase.

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/35329737/eat-a-beaver_tshirt?productId=404070790
edited by BeaverBob on 4/8/2014
4/8/2014 8:17:27 PM
Topic:
Pilots vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Go Pilots!
4/8/2014 8:21:44 PM
Topic:
Pilots vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, any ideas on why Jerry Allen hasn't been doing much baseball announcing this year? I like Brian Pawltiz better than Allen, but was just curious.
4/8/2014 8:22:52 PM
Topic:
Pilots vs Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Pilots really look bad tonight. A missed fly ball to right field and a couple of passed balls already in the first.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73