BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/24/2011 2:33:07 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 14 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Not sure, but will find out. My buddy that has invited me is a Big Duck Fan. He played baseball for the Ducks before they gave up the sport.

Wow, really? I thought they were all dead.

DM, I'll check his pulse. He does have a lifeless personality and a decaying odor. I just assumed it was bad Duck hygene and the lack of a quality education.
5/24/2011 8:51:36 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.

Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!

Thats the civil war fire I like.. even if you are 3000+ miles away. Go Ducks!!

RD and FB, I'm loving it. I've posted a true story that I think gets at the heart of the Civil War.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an Oregon Duck. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Ducks too. No one really knowing what an Oregon Duck was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Duck." Then, asks the teacher, "What are you? "Why, I'm a proud Oregon State Beaver," boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a rebel. "Well, my mom and dad are Beavers, so I'm a Beaver too." The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. Would you be a moron too? A pause and a smile. "No, says Kristen." "Then, I'd be a Duck."
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011
5/24/2011 8:56:35 PM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (HAVE Q'S?) -- 5/24

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, it's interesting that you have ASU as the number 8 seed ahead of Oregon State. The Beavers swept ASU, are currently ahead of ASU in your own poll: 8 to 13, and are close to being crowned the Pac 10 champs.
Is your decision soley based on RPI?

Has nothing to do with me thinking Arizona State is a better team. I think Oregon State clearly is better. However, the NCAA is not going to give a team with an RPI of 27 a national seed, as stupid as it sounds. Not going to happen. Oregon State needs to take care of Oregon this weekend and hope the rest of it takes care of itself.

Kendall, I love your honest explanation. Can I assume that your Field of 64 are not what you think "should be", but what you think "will be?"
5/24/2011 9:41:45 PM
Topic:
Kendall -- Your Thoughts on Year 1 with PG

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I’ve enjoyed the transition to PG from Rivals. I know we still have some baseball left this year, but I’m curious as to what you think has worked at PG and what you might do differently next year? Also, how can us free or paying subscribers help generate more interest in the board? I just want to make sure the board continues to exist.

BTW, I think you do a great job.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/24/2011
5/25/2011 9:01:43 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
That was a very good, classy interview. The 20-80-20 thing kinda made me wonder, but then Oregon never has been an academic school. Math is a extra credit class, not a required class. Maybe that's why they lost so many games. Coach Horton, "Hey the score is 8-4. We don't even have to bat in the bottom of the 9th because we have 4 and they have 8. We're winning." Hmmmmmmm. Yeah sounds about right.

Really though. I liked how he sounded and defeat is not in his vocabulary. (Even though it is in his future for this weekend)

An interesting story -

George Horton walked into the locker room before one of their last games, looked over to his star player and said, "I'm not supposed to let you play since you failed your extra credit math class, but we need you in there. So, what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play." The player agreed, and the Coach Horton looked into his eyes intently and asks, "Okay, now concentrate hard and tell me the answer to this. What is two plus two?" The player thought for a moment and then he answered, "4?" "Did you say 4?" Coach Horton exclaimed, excited that he got it right. At that, all the other players on the team began screaming, "Come on coach, give him another chance!"
edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2011
5/26/2011 10:26:11 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Yogi Horton at 01:35: "It's the 20-80-20 rule." [Paraphrasing]; 20% of the games you're gonna win just cuz you're gonna win, and 20% you're gonna lose just cuz you're gonna lose. It's that 80% in the middle that's gonna make the difference between a good year and a bad year." Yeah, and 90% of the game is half mental.

I do like the line, "The buffet of failure is making us all sad." And I think he looks better without the "stache". And the statements about national seeding [04:30], not rooting against them, and getting on board with the Beavers not "replacing them"...some very fine statements. And the bitter pill statement...looked very tough for him to say. Made me feel some empathy. (Some.... We're still gonna kick your DAs.)

"Who knows? Maybe someday Oregon State could be hosting a regional, and Oregon could be hosting a regional. That would be really cool." Yeah, that would be.

Thanks for the link, RD.

DM, I have the Yogi Book at home. Great read. Here are a few clips from the online site.

http://www.yogiberra.com/yogi-isms.html

" It ain't over 'til it's over "
"Never answer an anonymous letter"
" I usually take a two hour nap from one to four"
" It's deja vu all over again"
" When you come to a fork in the road....Take it "
" I didn't really say everything I said "
Yogi on the 1969 NY Mets....." overwhelming underdogs "
When asked what time is was......" you mean now?"
" I want to thank you for making this day necessary"
......... Yogi Berra day in St Louis 1947
On why NY lost the 1960 series to Pittsburgh " We made too many wrong mistakes"
" You can observe a lot by watching "
" The future ain't what it used to be "
" It gets late early out here"
" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be "
" If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them "
5/27/2011 10:07:37 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah- I have a Yogi book as well. I kind of relate to both Yogi and Horton. Although my math skills are much better.. lol.

Contemplating taking the drive to Eugene to battle the rain/crowds, and crankiness of a 4 and 6 y.o. Should I do it? Not sure if tickets are available.

Weather is not looking great for today or tomorrow. Great article on Tyler and Sam Gaviligio in today's Oregonian.
5/27/2011 12:11:00 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.

It's all field turf except the mound. I'd still be surprised if they get the game in tonight looking at the forecast. I'm debating if I am going to head to Eugene. Sourthern Beaver, if I do head down, I'll be in Section 4, along the first baseline. Just look for a middle-aged man, full set of hair, a little overweight, dressed in OSU garb.

It appears they just released some additional tickets for the weekend.
5/27/2011 12:18:45 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.

One of the best all turf with dirt mound parks IMO in the country.. Super high tech that can survive high levels of rain. Does not make it fun to watch, but most games will get pushed through. I am 90% sure I am going at the moment. (the other 30% is just part of the weather...) lol

RD, the game is also being televised on Comast. I have Cable, not Comast so if I don't head south, I might need to go to a local establishment and have an adjult beverage while I watch the game.
5/27/2011 4:23:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:

It's all field turf except the mound. I'd still be surprised if they get the game in tonight looking at the forecast. I'm debating if I am going to head to Eugene. Sourthern Beaver, if I do head down, I'll be in Section 4, along the first baseline. Just look for a middle-aged man, full set of hair, a little overweight, dressed in OSU garb.

It appears they just released some additional tickets for the weekend.

BB,

I have a couple questions for you. How MANY hairs are there is a full set? Is it like teeth and there are 32? If it is a full set of southern teeth (which SB would be accustomed to) and there are 32, that means a family of 16 is all together, so that would mean you have only two. And since you say "middle age" will SB find a silver beaver or a regular brown beaver. And will SB find a long-haired beaver , a shorn beaver or a shaved beaver? These are important questions which, I think would require a fuller explanation by you so SB can find you, even though a beaver ALWAYS recognizes another beaver.

FB, I've attached a picture of myself. My wife is helping me get ready for tonight's game. Nothing like a clean shave. SB, hope the picture helps.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/27/2011
5/27/2011 9:25:17 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?

Nice way to make an entrance. What's an 8 clap? Sounds venereal.

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

I think Mostunknown might be referring to the following:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx
5/27/2011 9:28:37 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SouthernBeaver wrote:
I am right in front of the AT&T logo on the beavs logo. No poncho though...

Decided to stay home and listen on the radio. Just woke up from my nap on the couch and was dissapointed to hear the Beavers behind 2-0. We may head to Eugene tomorrow to watch some baseball and track.
5/27/2011 9:39:31 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)

Looks like the Bruins are in control, 7-3. How is Cole Pitching? I see ASU has 8 hits, but only 3 runs.
5/27/2011 10:09:48 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ducks break it open, 4-1 in bottom of 7th. Tyler Smith just booted a routine ground ball. Looks like an interesting final week in the Pac 10.
5/27/2011 10:55:04 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)

Looks like the Bruins are in control, 7-3. How is Cole Pitching? I see ASU h 8 hits, but only 3 runs.

He looks good. They've gotten to him a few times but he's battled well and gotten out of some bad situations. This game should probably be much closer if not for that 5 run disaster in the sixth. Brady Rodgers was cruising and the defense let him down.
UCLA piling on now. With Bauer going tomorrow, starting to really like UCLA to take this series.

Beavs drop their third in a row. Your Bruins are now tied for the Pac 10 lead.
5/27/2011 11:06:12 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Day one

Oregon 4, Oregon State 1: Danny Pulfer led off with a double for the Ducks in the bottom of the 1st, advanced on a sac bunt, and scored on a sac fly to give Oregon a 1-0 lead. The Ducks scored an unearned run in the 3rd on two infield singles and an error. The Beavers got one back in the 7th on a Ryan Dunn single followed by Parker Berberet’s double. But KC Serna lined a 2-run homer over the left field fence in the corner in the bottom half to give Oregon a 4-1 lead. That was just Gaviglio’s second homer allowed all season. Tyler Anderson pitched 7.2 innings with 10 Ks, 2 BB, and one run to improve to 8-3. Gaviglio (6.2 IP, 6 Ks, 2 BB) dropped to 11-2.

Oregon leads series 1-0.

UCLA 10, ASU 3: With three straight singles to start the game, the Bruins jumped to a 2-0 lead in the 1st. The Devils got one back in the 2nd on Zach Wilson’s leadoff homer, tied it in the 4th on doubles by Joey DeMichele and Matt Newman, then took a 3-2 lead in the 5th. But the Bruins exploded for 5 runs in the 6th, with the first five batters reaching base safely before ASU recorded an out. UCLA added two in the 8th to take a 9-3 lead, then tacked on an unearned run in the 9th for the final score. Gerrit Cole went 8 IP, with 9 SO, 4 BB, 9 hits, and 3 runs (all earned). Pat Valaika and Cody Regis had 2 hits and 2 RBIs. Brady Rogers (8-4) went 6 IP, with 9 Ks and no walks in the loss, yielding 7 runs (only 3 earned). The game was not particularly clean in terms of defense, with UCLA committing 3 errors and ASU 4. With the win, UCLA jumps ahead of ASU in the standings and are now tied with Oregon State--who lost the first Civil War game--for 1st.

UCLA leads series 1-0.

Stanford 3, California 2: Mark Appel (5-6) pitched into the eighth and Chris Reed shut the door on the final five outs for his seventh save. Erik Johnson (6-3) went the first seven innings, tying his career high with 11 strikeouts, but allowing two of his four walks to score and leaving with a 3-2 deficit. Cal, led by Marcus Semien, who went 3 for 4, outhit Stanford 9-5. Tyler Gaffney went 2 for 4 with one RBI for the Cardinal. The teams will play a double-header tomorrow.

Stanford leads series 1-0.

Arizona 9, Washington 0: Kurt Heyer pitched a complete game shutout, striking out 5 and walking none to win game one. UW got seven hits against Heyer but couldn’t string them together to scratch a single run. The Wildcats, on the other hand, were able to cash in their 11 hits and 5 free passes (4W 1 HBP). Robert Refsnyder led the Cats going 2 for 2 with 3 RBIs. Chase Anselment went 3 for 3 for UW.

Arizona leads series 1-0.

USC 6, Washington State 2: Andrew Triggs (5-4) struck out a career-high 13 over 7.2 innings, and surrendered 8 hits and one earned run. Adam Conley lost in his last game as a Cougar. Kevin Roundtree led the Trojans, going 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs, and Ricky Oropesa clubbed his seventh homer of the season, adding two RBIs . Derek Jones led the Cougs, going 2 for 4 with 1 RBI.

USC leads series 1-0.

DM, thanks for the quick summary. It looks like UCLA might be the hottest team heading to regionals. I can't think of a better pitching rotation. Not sure what is up with the Beavs.
5/28/2011 3:07:28 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
Oh yea Gods of Baseball........Hear the Beaver pleas..........You know the Beaver is the favorite...........Man like nothing better than Beavers........Man likes almost nothing better than roast Duck(see previous plea)...........Beavers cannot be beaten with your help, GOB........let the lightening touch the Beaver bats making them hard and strong........Lend the Beaver feet wings and make them fleet.......Make Beaver eyes sharp........Make Beaver mitts ball magnets.........Lend the Beaver arms muscles true and strong.......

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........hear our plea and let the Ducks be plucked........Let the earth draw Duck bats down making the weak and unable to rise.........Give the Duck wings to the Beavers........Blind the Ducks and let the sunlight shine in their eyes........Make Duck mitts full of holes.........Suck the strength from the Duck arms and legs....

Oh yea Gods of Baseball... Hear the plea from your Beavers......Brown Beavers.......Black Beavers........Silver Beavers.......Red Beavers........The rare and elusive true Blonde Beaver.........The shaved Beavers......The short haired Beavers.....The long haired Beaver.......The Beavers of every shape......The Beaver of every size......The good smelling Beavers.....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too).......Tall Beavers.....Short Beavers......Wide Beavers......Skinny Beavers.......Pretty Beavers.......Ugly Beavers......Average Beavers.......Oh yea Gods of Baseball......Hear the prayer of every Beaver in the US of A........Let every Beaver be praised.......Let us kneel and worship the Beavers........From afar and from close......Let every Beaver rejoice and share their blessing......Oh yea Gods of Baseball.......Hear our plea.....

Amen!
5/28/2011 3:20:54 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
Oh yea Gods of Baseball........Hear the Beaver pleas..........You know the Beaver is the favorite...........Man like nothing better than Beavers........Man likes almost nothing better than roast Duck(see previous plea)...........Beavers cannot be beaten with your help, GOB........let the lightening touch the Beaver bats making them hard and strong........Lend the Beaver feet wings and make them fleet.......Make Beaver eyes sharp........Make Beaver mitts ball magnets.........Lend the Beaver arms muscles true and strong.......

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........hear our plea and let the Ducks be plucked........Let the earth draw Duck bats down making the weak and unable to rise.........Give the Duck wings to the Beavers........Blind the Ducks and let the sunlight shine in their eyes........Make Duck mitts full of holes.........Suck the strength from the Duck arms and legs....

Oh yea Gods of Baseball... Hear the plea from your Beavers......Brown Beavers.......Black Beavers........Silver Beavers.......Red Beavers........The rare and elusive true Blonde Beaver.........The shaved Beavers......The short haired Beavers.....The long haired Beaver.......The Beavers of every shape......The Beaver of every size......The good smelling Beavers.....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too).......Tall Beavers.....Short Beavers......Wide Beavers......Skinny Beavers.......Pretty Beavers.......Ugly Beavers......Average Beavers.......Oh yea Gods of Baseball......Hear the prayer of every Beaver in the US of A........Let every Beaver be praised.......Let us kneel and worship the Beavers........From afar and from close......Let every Beaver rejoice and share their blessing......Oh yea Gods of Baseball.......Hear our plea.....

On the sixth day, God added creatures to the land. He made lions and tigers and bears. He made rabbits and sheep and cows. He added everything from ants to zebras to the land. But He still felt something was missing. So God added Mankind and the most beuatiful creature of all, the Beaver to enjoy and take care of all that He had created. God looked around and was happy with all He had made.
5/28/2011 3:36:24 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
FB: "....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too)"

LOL. Yes, there are Beavers in the People's Republic of Eugene.

Would those be Anarchist, athiest Beavers?
5/28/2011 10:11:19 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
Ball game. National Seed? Buh Bye. Now. On to watching Trevor Bauer K another 15 batters.

Well I was close. Only 14 K's for Bauer. OSU and ASU both choke up National Seeds on the same day. Boogy Dance
edited by MostUnknown on 5/28/2011

Wow, congrats to the Bruins. I think this gives them at least a share of the Pac 10 title. If they lose tomorrow and the Beavs win, they I tink they share the title, but as the Beavs won the series with the Bruins, they receive the automatic bid.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/28/2011
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72