Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/11/2014 10:35:30 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Perhaps you should revise your statement to: Keyes and Clark?

Dodger Matt wrote:
This is it. Davis, Keyes, and Clark. At least one of those guys has a hit tonight.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/11/2014
4/11/2014 10:36:55 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Or, should I say just Clark?

BeaverBob wrote:
Perhaps you should revise your statement to: Keyes and Clark?

Dodger Matt wrote:
This is it. Davis, Keyes, and Clark. At least one of those guys has a hit tonight.

4/11/2014 10:44:09 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's a new day for the Beavers and hopefully an attitude change for me.
4/11/2014 10:50:38 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
You'll need to switch over to Falstaff. I can't remember if it was Pabst or Falstaff, but the Old Beaver Hut in Corvallis use to have Dimer's night and serve one of the two. I remember getting my money's worth one night while in college and throwing up for a day and a half.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm out of Pabst.
4/11/2014 10:54:59 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Save some for me. It's almost worth a drive to Albany just to have a can.

OM, I think you said you were going to be out of town for the Oregon Series. I'm trying to find a game for the Omaha Room. Let me know.

OpihiMan wrote:
I just picked up some Bale Breaker this week (the stuff I brought you and DM last year), hopefully the Beavs will give me incentive to pour some of that tomorrow.

4/11/2014 11:02:57 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
You are a good man Ophi. I'll wait then for the Omaha room.

OpihiMan wrote:
I will be out of town for the Oregon Series Don't worry Bob, there will be six pack(s) with your name on it.
4/11/2014 11:49:45 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, congrats on your sobriety. Thanks for sharing. I haven't hear about Krook. Is he out for the season?
4/11/2014 11:52:43 PM
Topic:
UC Riverside vs. Oregon

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, he had only given up 2 runs in 47 innings. The Beavs didn't look very good tonight and haven't really looked good in the last four games. There offense has looked similar to that of the Ducks -- pretty much non existent. Just 8 runs in the last 4 games.

Are you going to make the trip up to Corvallis to watch the Ducks and Beavers in a couple of weeks? Let me know.
4/12/2014 5:51:33 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Wimpy Cougar fans. A few sprinkles and a bit of wind and they head for the exits.
4/12/2014 6:20:53 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm been listing to Parker and he was chuckling at the "weak-hearted fans." He did say this was the largest crowd he has ever seen at WSU, over 3,100.

He also has been reflecting on prior games in the Paloose including a 22 to 21 Beaver win back in the early 2000's.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, Bob. We are thinking/seeing the same things. Well, they did just say it's mom's weekend or something, and they probably have a lot more people on campus who are not typical fans. So a little water dissuades them from watching a losing game.
4/12/2014 6:23:08 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Given the Beaver's lead, I'm glad he left Moore in the game to see if he could work his way out of the jam. If it was a one or two-run game, I would have brought Reser in earlier.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Why wasn't Morrison right there? That ball was an easy grounder right where the shortstop should be standing.

Did Yeskie blow it again leaving Moore out there one batter too many? A 4-for-4 day for Tanielu. I probably would have lifted Andrew, unless I wanted him to work through something. Still, at 8-5, it is most likely survivable.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/12/2014
4/12/2014 6:32:26 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Peterson just can't seem to get a break as of late.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/12/2014
4/12/2014 6:43:01 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A correction to my earlier attendance. Parker just said the attendance was 3,363. Pretty good for the Cougs.

BeaverBob wrote:
I'm been listing to Parker and he was chuckling at the "weak-hearted fans." He did say this was the largest crowd he has ever seen at WSU, over 3,100.

He also has been reflecting on prior games in the Paloose including a 22 to 21 Beaver win back in the early 2000's.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, Bob. We are thinking/seeing the same things. Well, they did just say it's mom's weekend or something, and they probably have a lot more people on campus who are not typical fans. So a little water dissuades them from watching a losing game.
4/13/2014 1:05:46 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What really amazes me is the number of quality baseball players that come from Washington high schools. With the exception of the Ducks who I think have just a few State of Washington players on their team, the Beavs, Dogs, and Cougs are doing well with NW players.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
A correction to my earlier attendance. Parker just said the attendance was 3,363. Pretty good for the Cougs.

Didn't see this message for some reason, but I as going to comment on it myself when I read the attendance in the Rave Report.
    Start: 2:00pm Time: 3:22 Attendance: 3362
    Weather: 60 Degrees, Sunny
That's a darn good number for Pullman. They had 1621 for Friday night's game, and I thought that was good. I'm guessing they won't reach 3000 tomorrow, but it should still be a good crowd. Hey, baseball in the Evergreen Apple state is exciting this year.
4/13/2014 3:26:01 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he had his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
4/13/2014 3:45:38 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great idea OM. There are actually some attractive young ladies a bit down stream from me having a picnic. I'm just not sure I can get my wife to agree.

OpihiMan wrote:
Wow, are you being hand fed grapes and being fanned by young beauties?

BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he has his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.
4/13/2014 3:47:27 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I'm now have this desire for some BBQ salmon.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
4/13/2014 3:58:47 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My wife wanted to know why I was smiling. I told her about your idea. She is actually daring me to invite the young ladies over. Knowing her like I do, I think she realizes my days of attracting any young women have come and gone.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB, as long as she is the one feeding you grapes, I don't see why your wife would have an issue with you being fanned by young beautiful women as long as she is getting some of the breeze.

BeaverBob wrote:
Great idea OM. There are actually some attractive young ladies a bit down stream from me having a picnic. I'm just not sure I can get my wife to agree.

OpihiMan wrote:
Wow, are you being hand fed grapes and being fanned by young beauties?

BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he has his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
4/13/2014 4:03:51 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A bit off the baseball subject, but I just witnessed the animal kingdom and circle of life at its best. A beautiful eagle, could be a bald eagle, not sure, swooped down and picked up a wild rabbit. The eagle accidentally dropped the rabbit in the river and then swooped back down and picked it up again. What a day!
4/13/2014 4:19:53 PM
Topic:
Beavs & Cougs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Don't know why, but, maybe it's because I'm sitting in the outdoors watching nature at its best, but I got to thinking about the mascots in the Pac 12. Only two of the Pac 12 teams don't have animal mascots. Standford either has a color or a tree depending on how you view it (Cardinal or Tree). USC has a prophylactic as their mascot (Trojan).
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72