Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

4/27/2014 1:26:51 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I enjoyed a nice day in Corvallis starting with a round of golf at Corvallis Country Club, a little tailgating, and a good ballgame. However, I don't think I have ever been so wet. It rained on our golf game and then pretty much non stop at the game.

I saw the attendance at the game was 3,300. I guess it was one of the top ten attendance records of all time at Goss. It sure didn't seem like that many, looked like about 2,000 to me. Lots of empty seats.

I decided to stay home today and catch the game on TV. Just tired of driving and getting wet. I hate it when ESPN shows the games as my Internet provider won't allow me to stream ESPN games.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Where are all the Beaver fans? Is everyone at the game?

edited by BeaverBob on 4/27/2014
4/27/2014 1:30:57 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 11 (RIVALRY WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
F, I was thinking about you yesterday. One of my buddies brought St. Pauli Girl to our pre-game activities.BTW, it goes really good with BBQ Ribs.
Toast

ASU74 wrote:
Territorial Cup

The Sun Devils (23-16, 12-8) shut out the Wildcats in Tucson for the first time since May 11, 1972.

ASU took a 9.5-6.5 lead in the overall Territorial Cup standings as head coach Tim Esmay tallied his 14th win over Arizona and the program improved to 10-5 in series’ against the Wildcats in the past 15 years. ASU is a point away from winning the head-to-head competition with four sports still undecided.

ASU moved to 215-240 all-time against Arizona, including 192-124 since 1959…the ASU pitching staff has turned in nine consecutive quality starts…ASU is 10-2 this season when they do not commit an error.

4/27/2014 1:45:45 PM
Topic:
Etzel Field: Portland's proposed stadium upgrades

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I like it. The current wooden bleachers look like they are about ready to fall down. However, I really enjoy watching baseball at the Stadium.
4/27/2014 4:41:17 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I got some help from OM with the stream and also just found out that DISH Network which I have, now supports ESPN.

Yep, looks sunny and bright down in Corn Valley today.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I decided to stay home today and catch the game on TV. Just tired of driving and getting wet. I hate it when ESPN shows the games as my Internet provider won't allow me to stream ESPN games.

Looks like you picked the wrong day to stay home. Looks sunny and nice today.

You can't get the video stream of the game?
4/27/2014 4:43:27 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I can't agree more. I've seen the color guy's name in one of the baseball boards as a contributor- not sure which one.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, the ESPN color guy is FAR FAR better than the Pac-12 guys they have used for the Beaver games I've seen online so far this year. He sounds like he's from the South, but he knows the Beaver players, mentioned Keyes's hitting abilities and the fact that he played at OSU as a high school senior, and has not once mentioned anything about the players' hair or his time at Miami and how this would have been a 10-9 game in after two innings, blah-blah-blah about nothing related to the Ducks or Beavers or college baseball in the last ten years.
4/27/2014 4:46:42 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Poor Billy King muffs a catch as his first start at first base. Looks like Casey just took him out. Not sure it is the result of the missed catch or a better matchup.
4/27/2014 4:48:15 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Not sure why, but the delay with ESPN U compared to the radio broadcast is much less than with the Pac12 broadcast.
4/27/2014 4:54:18 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I thought the announcers had good point regarding the number of players on OSU's roster from the Nortwhest - 20 or so compared to those on Oregon's Roster which are primarily from California regarding the ability to play in cold and rainy weather. At times during the last several days, it just looks like the Ducks don't want to be on the field.

BeaverBob wrote:
DM, I can't agree more. I've seen the color guy's name in one of the baseball boards as a contributor- not sure which one.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, the ESPN color guy is FAR FAR better than the Pac-12 guys they have used for the Beaver games I've seen online so far this year. He sounds like he's from the South, but he knows the Beaver players, mentioned Keyes's hitting abilities and the fact that he played at OSU as a high school senior, and has not once mentioned anything about the players' hair or his time at Miami and how this would have been a 10-9 game in after two innings, blah-blah-blah about nothing related to the Ducks or Beavers or college baseball in the last ten years.
4/27/2014 5:19:28 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM and FB might be spot on with their sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?
4/27/2014 5:23:10 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 11 (RIVALRY WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Anybody watching the Huskies and Cougar's game? Just curious about the weather.
4/27/2014 5:28:53 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Mike Parker just said that Benny Beaver had a broom out and was sweeping on top of the Oregon Dugout between innings. I would have loved to have seen this.
4/27/2014 5:30:39 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
With his last strikeout, Jace has a career high in strikeouts with 11.
4/27/2014 5:44:09 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
?? Sounds similar. When I heard his name at the beginning of the game, I thought I had seen it on Aaron Fitt's board. BTWs, I saw Aaron Fitt last night at the game. He had just got done interviewing Pat Baily. I got a chance to say hello and ask him what he thought so far. He started to share his thoughts about the Beavers and then his phone rang and he had to run up to the press box.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Clay Berno? or something like that. Played for the Georgia Bulldogs in the 90s.
4/27/2014 5:51:47 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My sincerest apologies FB. I've gone back and revised my original post as I have the utmost respect for the Beavers that make their home in Florida. While the Oregon Beaver can be cold and damp, the Florida Beaver is warm and shiny.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Hey......I predicted a sweep too. Man, I'm feeling slighted now. Must be the long distance thing for my florida beaver.

BeaverBob wrote:
Hey RD, I don't know that I have ever seen the Ducks so out of synch. I was really expecting a 2-1 Beaver series win, but wouldn't have been surprised to see a 2-1 Duck's series win. DM might be spot on with his sweep prediction. If the Beavers go on to sweep, do you think this will derail the Ducks and send them on a even bigger losing streak?
4/27/2014 6:06:40 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dave Perno, former Georgia Bulldogs baseball coach.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/georgia-dismisses-david-perno/

Dodger Matt wrote:
Clay Berno? or something like that. Played for the Georgia Bulldogs in the 90s.
4/27/2014 6:13:53 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, I remember watching a game at PGE Park in Portland when the Bulldogs came to town. I think at the time, the attendance broke the Pac 12 record with something in the 15,000 range.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Dave Perno, former head coach of Georgia.

That's why he's familiar with Coach Casey and the Beavers. He faced OSU I think six times and lost five of those games.

Like him as an announcer.
4/27/2014 6:14:50 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Amazing.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, we're on the same wavelengths again.
4/27/2014 6:41:08 PM
Topic:
CIVIL WAR 2014

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great choice. I have always liked Mike Fox. As I recall, I think they made three straight trips to the CWS finals, maybe four. He seems like a class act. I attended the 2006 CWS finals at Rosenblatt Stadium. While the city and fans were definitely rooting for the Beavers, there was lots of praise for Fox and his team.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Beavers swept the Bulldogs in Athens in 2007 and took two of three the next year at PGE Park. Beavers also beat Georgia in Omaha in 2006 and once more in 2011 at a neutral site. (That one I don't remember.) Those are all of the games OSU has played Georgia (7-1 all time), and all against Dave Perno. Yeah, he knows Oregon State. :p

Maybe we should get Mike Fox to do color for the next Civil War series. Big Grin
4/27/2014 6:46:19 PM
Topic:
National Seed for Ducks or Beavs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I can't agree more FB. Unless the Beavs just have a meltown, I they they are a lock as a Regional Host and real close as a Super Regional Host. I'm already looking forward to ordering post season tickets. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and down in St George for a golf trip, so won't be able to catch the Supers, but will catch all Regional games.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Oregon State just made a statement for national seeding. Started off the weekend at, what 23?, and were up to 16 this morning. I'd say they may climb up to 12 or or 13 after today's sweep.
4/27/2014 7:58:15 PM
Topic:
National Seed for Ducks or Beavs

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MB, how are your Canes looking regarding post season? I'm assuming you are living in the Florida area. What are your thoughts on the Florida teams. Which has the best chance to head to the CWS.

MiamiBaseball wrote:
Good sweep, Beavs. And like I said earlier in this thread, OSU was the one with real national seed hopes. Warren Nolan's site has them up to #10. The next two series won't do the RPI any favors, but finishing on top of the Pac-12 locks it up, IMO.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73