Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/3/2014 11:01:33 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs. Golden PedoBears

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
How can anybody support Yeskie after this debacle. No way in the world should Reser come into the game - simply a fundraising stunt. His last three appearances have been horrible, culminating with his worst appearance tonight. Why not just bring Schultz in when Moore was struggling. The Beavers deserve to lose this game.
5/3/2014 11:04:00 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Beavers get lucky and get a double play to go to extra innings. If the Beavers win this game, I sure hope Casey and Yeskie learn something from their blundering coaching decisions.
5/3/2014 11:12:41 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to see Petey coming through.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Petey comes through offensively too. RBI double.
5/3/2014 11:16:49 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Wow, what a turn of events. Beavers lead 5-2, in the top of the 10th, with bases loaded and no outs.

DM, why do you think the Beavers struggle with their bull pen? I want to be objective -- Is it coaching? Is it a lack of talent? A combination of both?
5/3/2014 11:28:30 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The PedoBears have totally collapsed. Now 8-2, top of the 10th, with no outs.
5/3/2014 11:38:54 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I appreciate your rationale discussion. I agree with most of you points. My main concern is that there is not siginifact development of players such as Engelbrekt and Jackson beyond their Freshmen years. The same is true for Moore. Yes, the Wetzler and Fry excel, however, they seem to have drive and probably need little coaching to achieve their level of play.

Dodger Matt wrote:
That is a tough one. I know you guys jump on Yeskie, but that is your personal dislike of the man, not anything professional. Schultz two years ago was awesome, but last year and this year he's hot or cold. Reser has been very good this year too. There are other guys in the pen who have shown great talent: Engelbrekt, Thompson, Eden, Jackson. The arms are there. But maybe they don't get enough work. Our starters are so good, the bullpen rarely comes into play. When a starter falters and the relievers eat more innings, you see them settle in and perform okay. It's those one inning (or less) affairs where they fare the worst.

You saw last night, how Casey yanked guys if they walked one batter. It might be something as simple as not coming in warmed up enough. If I were one of them, and I knew I'd get one base on balls before I got yanked, I'd throw a hell of a lot more in the bullpen because my chances of getting tired on the mound would be really slim.
5/3/2014 11:42:44 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good points FB. There is something to be said about the approach that Mississippi State takes to their rotation.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Wow, what a turn of events. Beavers lead 5-2, in the top of the 10th, with bases loaded and no outs.

DM, why do you think the Beavers struggle with their bull pen? I want to be objective -- Is it coaching? Is it a lack of talent? A combination of both?

I think it may be a lack of playing time. Most teams are into their bull pen on at least one weekend game by the 4th or 5th inning and several get mound time in mid week games. This year our weekend rotation leave little for the bull pen. Without more time on the mound, they don't get the opportunity to improve in an actual game. Real bad thing about this? If we make it to Omaha, the lack of depth in the bull pen may hurt us badly over the course of the games.
5/4/2014 12:09:39 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I did have a few, probably not enough. I'm down in Cornvalley, hanging out at one of my favorite establishments, while my wife and daughter spend time for Mother's weekend. I did catch part of the football scrimmage today. The upcoming season should be interesting as long as they don't stumble in their first couple of games against Portland State and Hawaii.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Wow Bob.....did you drink a little too much listening to the game? Your word usage and spelling seem to be affected by something. LOL

BeaverBob wrote:
DM, I appreciate your rationale discussion. I agree with most of you points. My main concern is that there is not siginifact development of players such as Engelbrekt and Jackson beyond their Freshmen years. The same is true for Moore. Yes, the Wetzler and Fry excel, however, they seem to have drive and probably need little coaching to achieve their level of play.

Dodger Matt wrote:
That is a tough one. I know you guys jump on Yeskie, but that is your personal dislike of the man, not anything professional. Schultz two years ago was awesome, but last year and this year he's hot or cold. Reser has been very good this year too. There are other guys in the pen who have shown great talent: Engelbrekt, Thompson, Eden, Jackson. The arms are there. But maybe they don't get enough work. Our starters are so good, the bullpen rarely comes into play. When a starter falters and the relievers eat more innings, you see them settle in and perform okay. It's those one inning (or less) affairs where they fare the worst.

You saw last night, how Casey yanked guys if they walked one batter. It might be something as simple as not coming in warmed up enough. If I were one of them, and I knew I'd get one base on balls before I got yanked, I'd throw a hell of a lot more in the bullpen because my chances of getting tired on the mound would be really slim.
5/4/2014 12:17:07 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The worst case scenario is that I am starting to write and spell like my students. God help me.

BeaverBob wrote:
I did have a few, probably not enough. I'm down in Cornvalley, hanging out at one of my favorite establishments, while my wife and daughter spend time for Mother's weekend. I did catch part of the football scrimmage today. The upcoming season should be interesting as long as they don't stumble in their first couple of games against Portland State and Hawaii.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Wow Bob.....did you drink a little too much listening to the game? Your word usage and spelling seem to be affected by something. LOL

BeaverBob wrote:

Dodger Matt wrote:

5/4/2014 8:53:12 PM
Topic:
The Cats vs the Quacks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Eye jost got hoam frum a long day in Corvalass. Luks like a gud game. Bases loadid, won out for Cats.
5/4/2014 9:01:18 PM
Topic:
The Cats vs the Quacks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, yu mak mee laf.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Dux git outuva jam.
5/4/2014 9:06:15 PM
Topic:
The Cats vs the Quacks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I sat through the Beaver's game last Saturday night against the Ducks while it rained nearly the whole game. I don't recall anybody leaving the game. I heard Parker say the attendance was one of the all-time numbers for a non-tournament game. I think there were over 3,300 Beavers in attendance -- maybe 15 Duck fans.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Nobody at the ballpark. Yeah, rain. I get it. Remember those three games last week at Goss? Duck fans really need to support their California kids better, especially if they expect to get some postseason love.
5/4/2014 9:22:03 PM
Topic:
The Cats vs the Quacks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I love the song "Blackbird" from the Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDxfjUEBT9I

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
...a long day in Corvalass.

Corva is the latin name for a raven or crow. So anything "corval" has something to do with a black bird, I'm guessing. Not sure I want to know. Long day, huh?

edited by BeaverBob on 5/4/2014
5/5/2014 12:29:18 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 12

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Prisoner of War (POW), don't you think this is a bit hard RD?

Riverduck wrote:
Chase and Fry should get pow
5/9/2014 12:11:26 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 13

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
  • Ore 2-1
  • OSU 3-0
  • USC 2-1
  • Stan 2-1
  • WSU 3-0
  • UW 3-0
  • YSD 2-1
5/10/2014 12:44:44 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Bruins

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, I appreciate the weather condition report yesterday in Corvallis. I was tempted to stay home and watch on TV as it rained and hailed most of the day in the Portland area. It also rained all the way down to Corvallis and then the skies cleared. Yep, the weather wasn't bad for a few innings and then as you said, it rained hard the remainder of the game. Just glad I had my rain gear with me A couple of trips out to truck for an adult beverage or two also helped.

Looks like only a 10% chance of rain for game time tonight and then 0% the rest of the evening.
5/11/2014 10:05:34 PM
Topic:
You heard that Wetzler was arrested last night?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here is an article on the incident.

http://www.dailybarometer.com/news/osu-pitcher-ben-wetzler-arrested-released-saturday/article_dbfe152e-d964-11e3-989f-001a4bcf6878.html
5/13/2014 2:23:52 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'd keep him out of the last two series where he would miss two starts. While in college, I drank a little too much on several occasions, but never to the point of not knowing which apartment was mine. Then, when he couldn't get in, he broke a window. As the leader of the team, he just needs to be smarter.
I thought Casey handled the Yeskie DUI very poorly and Yeskie should have received a stiffer penalty. Now, it's time to do the right thing.
My two cents!
5/13/2014 9:12:20 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, your post made my day. On a serious note, I second RD's comments about yours and his sobriety. Great job.

Now, on to my less mature thoughts --

Is it possible you mistaked a "berthing room" with a "birthing room?" Or more accurate, a "conception room?"
Your example brings a new meaning to the term "fisting."

As I was never able to experience the joys of being on a ship, except for a cruise ship, I had to look up the term berthing.

"A fixed bed or bunk on a ship, train, or other means of transport."
Webster's Online Dictionary

Florida Beaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
I'd keep him out of the last two series where he would miss two starts. While in college, I drank a little too much on several occasions, but never to the point of not knowing which apartment was mine. Then, when he couldn't get in, he broke a window. As the leader of the team, he just needs to be smarter.
I thought Casey handled the Yeskie DUI very poorly and Yeskie should have received a stiffer penalty. Now, it's time to do the right thing.
My two cents![/quote

Once when I was in the Coast Guard, I did get so drunk I went into the wrong berthing area and tried to climb into a bunk already occupied. When a small fist came out of the bunk and punched me, I looked around and realized i was in the female's berthing area and hauled ass. So, been there done that. Took me 3 more years before I admitted to having a problem and stopped drinking (29 years ago come July) So I do have some understanding and sympathy, yet I feel he should stand up and take responsibility and whatever punishment is meted out. Being so drunk you do not know where you are does not absolve one of responsibility for one's actions.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/13/2014
5/13/2014 9:20:22 PM
Topic:
Pilots vs Beavers

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I had originally planned to catch the game tonight at Volcanoes Stadium in Keizer, Oregon, but had to work late. Last year, I very much enjoyed watching the same two teams play in Keizer.

It sounds like Davis did a nice job of starting the game, now it's a little closer than I would like.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73