BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Good news. Wetzler back on the mound.
5/24/2014 7:30:41 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Trojans

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Parker said that Reser and Thompson are throwing in the bullpen. Casey just needs to go with Schultz when Wetzler is done. Reser has been horrible in his last 5 or 6 appearances. The Beavers need to win this one with the best pitchers.
5/25/2014 3:18:18 AM
Topic:
Beavers versus Trojans

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I agree with FB, LSU is the place for the Ducks to go. Also, the Ducks would feel right at home in the Voodoo culture of the swamp land.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Or LSU.. which would be an absolute nightmare.

No! LSU would be great for you guys. Just think of all the swamps your guys could go swimming in that have never been touched by a webbed foot. Except for the gators.
5/25/2014 4:46:45 PM
Topic:
Beavers versus Trojans

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I hate to go back to my comments about Wetlzer and the lack of any type of punishment for him, but just take a look at how the Beavers have played over the last 7 games. Except for baseball, I'm not a superstitious person. However, the Beavers have played poorly since his "so-called suspension."
5/25/2014 10:35:07 PM
Topic:
REGIONAL POSTSEASON DETAILED ANALYSIS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, it's hard to believe that the Pac 12 only has one regional host while the SEC has 5. As Pat Casey recently said, there is significant bias toward the SEC. I sure hope the Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott provides some type of comment regarding this ridiculous bias.

Kendall, I know you are an Aggie, but can you really say that the SEC deserves this many regional hosts and probably a total of 10 teams in the regionals. Just an absolute shame.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2014
5/25/2014 11:08:29 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Fred, the Washington Huskies, in my opinion, should have received a host site as they are the second place team in the Pac 12. The Pac 12 is either the best or the second best league in the Country. Given that the SEC received 5 hosting teams, I would have also put the Ducks in there.

ASU74 wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, it's hard to believe that the Pac 12 only has one regional host while the SEC has 5. As Pat Casey recently said, there is significant bias toward the SEC. I sure hope the Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott provides some type of comment regarding this ridiculous bias.

Kendall, I know you are an Aggie, but can you really say that the SEC deserves this many regional hosts and probably a total of 10 teams in the regionals. Just an absolute shame.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2014

BB
There is not a host team who is not a 40 game winner. What is your argument for having a sub 40 game winner host a regional?

I hate to put this in the same sentence, BUT only the Beavers & the Ducks were 40 game winners out of the Pac. Please state you reasons why both the Beavers & the Ducks should host.
Argument
5/25/2014 11:16:07 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
cox3, you make some good points. I might also add that the SEC does little travel especially outside of the south east. The north teams in the Pac 12 spend the first 20 games of their season traveling to play games. Yes, the Huskies struggled down the stretch, but they played the Beavers and UCLA, last year's College Word Series Champs in their last two series. UCLA was just starting to get healthy in the their last few games and appeared to be playing their best ball against the Huskies.

I'm not trying to be greedy, but would think the top two teams in one of the topic conferences would deserve to be Regional hosts.

cox3 wrote:
One thing to consider might be the fact that the Pac 12 and Big West are relatively close in terms of baseball. The SEC kills all of the other conferences in the south. Maybe it isn't a regional bias as much as just parity between conferences in each region. The Big West trounces the Sun Belt or C-USA. The Pac 12 and Big West essentially split their non-conference games and are usually relatively the same in terms of berths, hosts, and results in the NCAA tourney. The SEC wins the vast majority of its non-conference games against Sun Belt and C-USA teams and therefore receives the vast majority of the bids and host sites in the region.

The other factor might be just the sheer number of teams. There are more conferences in the south than on the entire west coast. Additionally, the SEC has 14 teams so 10 bids equates to a smaller number in conferences with 12 or fewer teams.

I did think that Washington should have received a host site and Vanderbilt should have been omitted just for the sake of geographic diversity, however.
5/25/2014 11:27:59 PM
Topic:
Any Ideas for Post Season Projection/Competition?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, thanks again for leading our friendly competition with the PAC 12 and other weekly projections. I'm hoping you will continue to facilitate post season projections. I've also enjoyed seeing some additional participants over the last few weeks: cox2, hedgeball, and Miami Baseball to name a few.

Any ideas about post season projections? It would be great to get even more participation from non-Pac 12 folks.
5/25/2014 11:39:01 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 15 (FINAL WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I feel so honored to be the winner of the last week for Pac 12 picks. I'll be preparing and posting my 10,000 word acceptance speech later this week. But for now, I want to thank all of those who have supported me: My three dogs (coffee, espresso, and mocha). My cat "Kitty." My wife, my daughter, my extended family, those on the Perfect Game site, to Beaver Nation, and to the BeaverBob fan club.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 15 scores
19.1 BeaverBob (0.4 bonus)
17.9 OpihiMan (0.3 bonus)
18.1 borgguy (0.5 bonus)
17.4 Florida Beaver (0.9 bonus)
16.3 Dodger Matt
16.3 RiverDuck
15.2 OregonG20

edited by BeaverBob on 5/26/2014
5/26/2014 12:36:16 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, great minds think alike. When I saw Kendall's comments, the first thing I thought of was now the Beavers are in trouble.
5/26/2014 12:46:50 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 15 (FINAL WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, those are the actual names. If you can't tell, the BB family loves coffee drinks. Pictures of Coffee, Espresso (better know as Expresso), and Mocha to follow.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/26/2014
5/26/2014 12:50:16 AM
Topic:
Regional Hosts

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Each of these Pac 12 teams could cause trouble in the regionals. With Oregon's pitching and defense, I can see them being a surprise team for the CWS. I'm actually rooting for the Ducks to make it to the CWS. Can you believe that RD?

Dodger Matt wrote:
Because the Owls punked the Ducks in their crib last year, I would send Oregon to Rice this year.

I see UW, Oregon, and ASU as very high #2 seeds that have a good chance of upending their hosts, whoever they might be.
5/26/2014 1:32:36 AM
Topic:
FINAL PROJECTED FIELD OF 64: May 26

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, just curious as to why you have OSU as a number 1 seed now and in your prior projections just a couple of days ago, you had Florida.
5/26/2014 2:31:19 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Where are our friends from Arkansas?
5/26/2014 7:16:56 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
It's great to see some new and old names getting involved. DM, any suggestions? I can't remember how you organized the picks last year.
5/26/2014 7:21:08 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I just realized I butchered some names. Sorry cox 3. I didn't mean to diminish you by only giving you the number 2. Also,hedgoba88, I think I got you down right this time. I find a bottle of Chardonnay helps when grading papers, but perhaps limits my ability to spell correctly and post on this board.

BeaverBob wrote:
DM, thanks again for leading our friendly competition with the PAC 12 and other weekly projections. I'm hoping you will continue to facilitate post season projections. I've also enjoyed seeing some additional participants over the last few weeks: cox2, hedgeball, and Miami Baseball to name a few.

Any ideas about post season projections? It would be great to get even more participation from non-Pac 12 folks.
5/26/2014 7:33:57 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I like the idea of you running a full bracket prediction and then having DM run a more limited pick em like he has for the last several years, going back to the Rivals Board.

cox3 wrote:
I actually would like to run a full bracket prediction contest incorporating confidence points. I will post specifics after the bracket is announced.
5/26/2014 7:40:56 PM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I may have some single or even full regional tickets available. I'll know by Wednesday. I ordered my normal 3 season tickets and two additional tickets for a total of 5 tickets. I believe OM is using one of my tickets and a good friend is using another. I'm playing in a golf tournament on Saturday and will probably need to miss the game.

If any of you local Beavers fans are interested, please send me a PM.
5/27/2014 12:31:22 AM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Borguy, the Beavers did make their tickets available for season ticket holders available at least a week ago and maybe longer. It was also possible to order Tickets for Supers.

uote=borgguy]Wahoo2012 wrote:
UVA announces that tickets are on sale for regionals about two weeks before selection show and if they are in national see contention they start selling supers too. Obviously you get refunded but I have had my tix for a while now

That isn't a bad system you would think with the level of success the beavers have had lately they would start doing that as well
edited by BeaverBob on 5/27/2014
5/27/2014 12:37:09 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, I agree. I am a big fan of what DM has done for us and want to see him continue to do his thing.

OpihiMan wrote:
As long as DM's stays...I don't care.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72