Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBob - all messages by user

5/27/2014 12:44:04 AM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I can live with the most current rotation or with the Wetzler, Moore, Frye rotation. The Beavers just seem to be out of synch as of late. Consistency is so important in sports, especially with college kids.

Florida Beaver wrote:
I'm thinking we should keep the rotation we had this last weekend. It seemed to work okay. But I think they are angling for the Wetzler-Moore-Fry rotation. It worked well all season. I know why they had to make the change recently due to Wetzler's indiscretion, but why change it now?
5/27/2014 12:58:08 AM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, check your PM.

quote=Florida Beaver]I'm thinking we should keep the rotation we had this last weekend. It seemed to work okay. But I think they are angling for the Wetzler-Moore-Fry rotation. It worked well all season. I know why they had to make the change recently due to Wetzler's indiscretion, but why change it now?
5/27/2014 1:18:49 AM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Oregon State's Pat Casey doesn't expect to change weekend rotation for Corvallis Regional

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2014/05/pat_casey_doesnt_expect_to_cha.html#incart_river
5/27/2014 9:49:13 PM
Topic:
Any Ideas for Post Season Projection/Competition?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, count me in.
5/27/2014 9:52:30 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 picks: Week 15 (FINAL WEEK)

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I returned your call. Try not to laugh when you hear my message

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB,

You said you sent me a PM on another thread. It never arrived.
5/28/2014 9:30:40 PM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, will do. Looks like I will be sitting with OM, maybe borguy (check your PM), and FB's brother and a couple of other buddies. If I can talk the guys into it, I was thinking we might want to do one of those shirtless poses with O S U written across our bellies. I hope this is what you were thinking of when you asked. Or better yet: "We Miss You DM and FB."

Dodger Matt wrote:
You Beaver fans who will be at the game, I want to see some selfies of you with the game in progress in the background. I think I may be feeling forlorn, like FB, suffering from being 1000 miles away with absolutely no chance of catching a game live.

It would be good to see the old gang, too. You can put them somewhere secret if you want to retain your superhero anonymity.
5/28/2014 9:38:08 PM
Topic:
Any Ideas for Post Season Projection/Competition?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, you been living in Florida too long. For folks on the West Coast, it is politically incorrect to differentiate between a cox and a beaver.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
He mentioned Cox's thing; not mine. Big Grin

Is this a reference to your "beaver" status? Because it sounds like it is almost jealousy thing, him wanting Cox's thing, and not yours. Or I could be way off base here.poke
5/28/2014 10:44:38 PM
Topic:
Corvallis regional

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I'll take you up on the bet. The Balventie Thirty year Single Matl Speyside Scotch is my favorite. However, I would settle for a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. So, if I am unable to talk this group into a pose, what do you want in return? I know you have been dry for some time. One of my favorite gifts is a box of steaks from Omaha Steak Market. I know you have given up the good drink, but please don't tell me that you have become a vegetarian.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/18-best-bottles-of-scotch-in-the-world-2013-8?op=1#ixzz334XzQRKz

Florida Beaver wrote:
If you can get my brother to do that, I'll buy you a bottle of your favorite poison. You get him with one of those letters painted on his belly and send me a picture of it with the field in the background, tell me what your favorite kinda drink is and it's a done deal!

BeaverBob wrote:
DM, will do. Looks like I will be sitting with OM, maybe borguy (check your PM), and FB's brother and a couple of other buddies. If I can talk the guys into it, I was thinking we might want to do one of those shirtless poses with O S U written across our bellies. I hope this is what you were thinking of when you asked. Or better yet: "We Miss You DM and FB."

Dodger Matt wrote:
You Beaver fans who will be at the game, I want to see some selfies of you with the game in progress in the background. I think I may be feeling forlorn, like FB, suffering from being 1000 miles away with absolutely no chance of catching a game live.

It would be good to see the old gang, too. You can put them somewhere secret if you want to retain your superhero anonymity.
5/29/2014 10:30:31 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 (and a few others): Regional predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
  • ASU 1-2
  • LSU 3-0
  • Ore 3+
  • OSU 3-0
  • SCar 3+
  • Stan 2-2
  • TCU 1-2
  • UVA 3-0
  • UW 3+
Thanks DM
5/29/2014 11:33:39 PM
Topic:
Another Tourney Pool: Win $75 Team Store Gift Card

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I posted mine. Here they are:

Regionals
Corvallis Regional – Oregon State
Stillwater Regional – Cal State Fullerton

Houston Regional – Rice
Baton Rouge Regional – LSU

Tallahassee Regional – Florida State
Louisville Regional – Louisville

Nashville Regional – Oregon
Bloomington Regional – Indiana
Gainesville Regional – Florida
Coral Gables Regional – Miami

San Luis Obispo Regional – Arizona State
Fort Worth Regional – TCU
Lafayette Regional – Mississippi State
Oxford Regional – Washington

Columbia Regional – South Carolina
Charlottesville Regional – Virginia
Super Regionals
Corvallis Super Regional – Oregon State over Cal State Fullerton
Baton Rouge Super Regional – LSU over Rice
Tallahassse Super Regional – Florida State over Louisville
Bloomington Super Regional – Oregon over Indiana
Gainesville Super Regional – Florida over Miami
Fortworth Super Regional-TCU over ASU
Seattle Super Regional – Mississippi State over Washington
Charlottesville Super Regional – Virginia over South Carolina
CWS Final 8
Oregon State
LSU
Florida State
Oregon
Florida
TCU
Mississippi State
Virginia
Championship Series
Oregon State over Florida
edited by BeaverBob on 5/30/2014
5/30/2014 1:34:08 PM
Topic:
Another Tourney Pool: Win $75 Team Store Gift Card

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm just trying to play around with RD.

borgguy wrote:
BeaverBob, you have the quackers going all the way to Omaha? Have you been drinking the bong water out of Eugene?
5/30/2014 1:42:20 PM
Topic:
Oregon Vs Clemson

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The ducks and putting it on Clemson. Back to back homeruns in the fourth and the Duckies lead 8-1,
5/31/2014 10:16:21 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Not a great start to game with an errant throw by Frye.
5/31/2014 10:36:35 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Looks like Frye has his stuff, at least for the first two innings. The Beavers need to get some offense, especially in the middle of the order.
5/31/2014 10:39:18 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
The Beavers have no offense. Hamilton pops out for the third lazy fly out for the Beavers.
5/31/2014 10:41:28 PM
Topic:
Sorry ASU74

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Fred, I was sorry to see the Devils lose their first two games. What is the outlook for next year?
5/31/2014 10:57:46 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Conforto is really struggling. He tries to lay down a bunt to get on base. Then, Davis hits a gapper to left field and is thrown out trying to go to second.
5/31/2014 11:01:29 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, it wasn't even close. I wonder if one of the base coaches sent him or if it was his own decision?

Dodger Matt wrote:
No way he should have tried for two. Out at second by a mile.
5/31/2014 11:06:14 PM
Topic:
Beavers vs Anteaters

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not feeling good about this game. OM, through a recent text, just put the blame on me for the Beavers being sluggish because I decided to play in a golf tournament instead of heading down to Corvallis to watch the Game.

Thanks for OM!
5/31/2014 11:09:31 PM
Topic:
Sorry ASU74

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, 0 and 2. I haven't seen Fred on the board for awhile. Fred, I'd be happy to send a six pack of St Pauli Girl to ease your pain.
edited by BeaverBob on 5/31/2014
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72