Topic:
Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
Awfully quiet around here. Been a Duck bashing party all year. This is almost poetic.
The ducks playing like they can. Mcgough just shuts em down.

Ducks Win!!! Ducks Win!!! Ducks Win!! 32 wins.. our RPI will leap frog Gonzaga now.

If Mcgough pitched like he did tonight all year, we would have 40 wins.

Congrats Riverduck. Glad to see you have something to cheer about. Now, the Beavs need to take care of business tomorrow and UCLA needs to lose. Regardless, the Beavs should receive a regional hosting bid.
5/28/2011 10:32:19 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
Ball game. National Seed? Buh Bye. Now. On to watching Trevor Bauer K another 15 batters.

Well I was close. Only 14 K's for Bauer. OSU and ASU both choke up National Seeds on the same day. Boogy Dance
edited by MostUnknown on 5/28/2011

Wow, congrats to the Bruins. I think this gives them at least a share of the Pac 10 title. If they lose tomorrow and the Beavs when, they I tink they share the title, but as the Beavs won the series with the Bruins, they receive the automatic bid.

Yep. We're locked in with at least a share. If they win tomorrow, it won't matter what the Beavs do. OSU needs to win and hope ASU salvages one. The NCAA is really screwing us with timing though. We could potentially be a legitimate host candidate if we were to sweep. But they're announcing prior to game time. That timing could also save ASU's National Seed chances(Assuming they were to get swept).
edited by MostUnknown on 5/28/2011

I think the Bruins are scary in the tournament with their starting pitching. Don't know if there is a better Day 1 and Day 2 starting pitcher.
5/29/2011 1:32:25 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: POSTSEASON PREDICTIONS

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here are the regional sites. UCLA, Arizona St. and OSU from the Pac 10
http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-05-29/2011-regional-hosts-announced
5/29/2011 8:11:28 PM
Topic:
Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck, you seem like to nice a guy to be a Duck Just kidding. While I could never, ever, under any curcumstances root for the Ducks, I think they may just sneak into the field of 64. I think Horton might have some pull. If they do get in, I think they have as good a chance as any team to make it to Omaha.

I've enjoyed your comments and banter in the PG forum this year. I hope you continue to post, even if your Ducks don't get a bid tomorrow. You can root for the Pac 10 teams.
5/29/2011 8:16:44 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Rec 1347, either Heineken or Hammerheard for me. (Hammerhead, for you non-Oregonians is a geat beer from the McMennamins Brew Pubs. The McMennamin brothers are graduates of Oregon State University)
I guess I'll wait until after the season to stop drinking beer. Then I'll work on my other vices - a great cigar and single malt scotch.
5/29/2011 8:25:46 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OpihiMan wrote:
The Beavers will be a 1 seed...they won't send Arkansas to Corvallis as a 1 seed. There isn't a team that can be a 1 seed over the Beavers that wasn't fully capable of hosting themselves (especially with 3 West Coast regionals)

Ophiman, I'm counting on you and others in this forum, especially the Pac 10 crew and Beaver Nation to provide regular updates on the Scoreboard next weekend. Unfortunately, I have the arduous task of playing 36 holes of golf each day, Thursday through Sunday, in Reno. I'll have to miss the games.
5/29/2011 8:51:05 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
DM,

First and foremost, I have tremendous respect for your dedication to this prediction business. I am sure I speak for most of us that have been participating that you have made the season on here very enjoyable and gave most of us something to look forward to every week. Thanks again for doing this for the, what, 3rd year in a row. I like the format you have for the regionals. (Course, any format that I don't have to do, I like) I look forward to seeingwho and where later this week. For now, I'm gonna go find a dark closet, shut and lock the door and have a nice cry for no Pac 10 championship and no National seed. Dam it.

DM, I agree with FB. Thanks for the work you do with the PAC 10 predictions. It makes my otherwise boring and mundane life meaningful.

FB, make sure your wife removes any clothes that you could use to do damage to yourself while you spend time in the closet. I’d hate to see any self inflicted damage happen to the foremost expert in Beaver demography and faith.

I’ve copied just a few quotes from your writings that have inspired me this year. I hope there is more to come.

It's the amount of hair covering the beaver. Florida is quite warm, so the beavers tend to have less hair or are shaved. A southern beaver has more hair because it can get cold in the south. (The Mason/Dixon line is in snow country if you didn't know.) Northern beavers usually are covered because of the extreme cold. In Oregon, beavers tend to stay wet. My wife says she doesn't mind a bald beaver. Me? I rather have hair on mine, but genetics says otherwise., dam it.

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........Hear the Beaver pleas..........You know the Beaver is the favorite...........Man like nothing better than Beavers........Man likes almost nothing better than roast Duck(see previous plea)...........Beavers cannot be beaten with your help, GOB........let the lightening touch the Beaver bats making them hard and strong........Lend the Beaver feet wings and make them fleet.......Make Beaver eyes sharp........Make Beaver mitts ball magnets.........Lend the Beaver arms muscles true and strong.......

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........hear our plea and let the Ducks be plucked........Let the earth draw Duck bats down making the weak and unable to rise.........Give the Duck wings to the Beavers........Blind the Ducks and let the sunlight shine in their eyes........Make Duck mitts full of holes.........Suck the strength from the Duck arms and legs....

Oh yea Gods of Baseball... Hear the plea from your Beavers......Brown Beavers.......Black Beavers........Silver Beavers.......Red Beavers........The rare and elusive true Blonde Beaver.........The shaved Beavers......The short haired Beavers.....The long haired Beaver.......The Beavers of every shape......The Beaver of every size......The good smelling Beavers.....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too).......Tall Beavers.....Short Beavers......Wide Beavers......Skinny Beavers.......Pretty Beavers.......Ugly Beavers......Average Beavers.......Oh yea Gods of Baseball......Hear the prayer of every Beaver in the US of A........Let every Beaver be praised.......Let us kneel and worship the Beavers........From afar and from close......Let every Beaver rejoice and share their blessing......Oh yea Gods of Baseball.......Hear our plea.....
edited by BeaverBob on 5/29/2011
5/29/2011 10:35:06 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
rec1347 wrote:
Thanks for allowing me to play. I was just the recipient of a series of lucky guesses. More than likely, it I had discovered this site 10 weeks ago, I would be much further down the list. I would be more than happy to pass out the Heinekens or Hammerheards, but with me being a Fresno State fan, I'm afraid all you OSU fans would throw the empty bottles back. I do hope we meet again.....preferably deeeeeep in the tournament.

Wondering what your thoughts are regarding Fresno State and not being selected as a regional host?
5/29/2011 10:38:08 PM
Topic:
Top 10 pitchers in the country

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
TW wrote:
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on who the top 10 starting pitchers are in the country. Does Kendall run a top pitcher ranker anymore? Here are mine, and this is just who I would want on the mound for my team for one single day, not who is going higher in the draft. For me, the top 3 stand out above everybody else by a lot:

1: Bauer
2: Jungmann
3: Hultzen

4: Gray
5: Gilmartin
6: Noe Ramirez
7: Cole
8: Purke
9: Gavigino
10: Roth

Just missed: Bauxendale, Randall, Garvin, Barnes, Pope, Winkler, Anthony Meo.

You might want to throw Tyler Anderson from U of O into the the top 10
5/30/2011 11:24:02 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
UALR??????

For those of you, like me, who were wondering who he heck is UALR, I've included a link below. It's a shame a school with a 24-32 record gets into the tournament.
http://www.ualrtrojans.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7400&SPID=2820&SPSID=35699
edited by BeaverBob on 5/30/2011
5/30/2011 1:22:06 PM
Topic:
Ducks

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck, you seem like to nice a guy to be a Duck Just kidding. While I could never, ever, under any curcumstances root for the Ducks, I think they may just sneak into the field of 64. I think Horton might have some pull. If they do get in, I think they have as good a chance as any team to make it to Omaha.

I've enjoyed your comments and banter in the PG forum this year. I hope you continue to post, even if your Ducks don't get a bid tomorrow. You can root for the Pac 10 teams.

To even see that our team got to the last few in Kendall's prediction, makes me happy. I know we did not get in.. he has inside info. lol
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5750

RD, sorry to see your Ducks didn't make it in. Horton should have shaved his mustache earlier in the season.
5/30/2011 8:49:13 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here we go. DM, I wanted to let you know that I made my picks while sitting at McMennemins Edgefield. You were my inspiration. It's been awhile since I had the sampler. My favorite is Hammerhead, followed closely by the Terminator. I'm counting on 4 Pac 10 teams to advance to the Super Regionals. I hope the Beavs win in 3, but wouldn't be disappointed if they had to play on Monday so I can catch at least one of the games.

Arizona 1-2
ASU 3+
Cal 2-2
Oregon State 3-0
Stanford 3+
UCLA 3+
edited by BeaverBob on 5/30/2011
edited by BeaverBob on 6/2/2011
5/31/2011 3:14:36 PM
Topic:
ESPN Broadcast Schedule for Regionals?

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Has anybody seen a TV broadcast schedule for Regionals?
6/1/2011 11:29:48 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
testing
6/1/2011 11:38:40 PM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, I'm working on having somebody remove the beer picture so that the editing function comes back.
6/3/2011 12:15:20 AM
Topic:

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Can't get image resizing to work, but there's a message in your inbox.

Got it fixed. Thanks for posting the link in my email DM.
6/6/2011 7:31:56 PM
Topic:
***MLB DRAFT THREAD***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Here is a link to players drafted
http://espn.go.com/mlb/draft/live
6/6/2011 7:34:02 PM
Topic:
***MLB DRAFT THREAD***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I see that Sony Gray was drafted 18th. What should the Beavers expect to see in the SR over the weekend from Gray? They have already faced Cole, Bauer, and Tyler Andersen. How does his stuff compare?
edited by BeaverBob on 6/6/2011
6/6/2011 7:48:04 PM
Topic:
***MLB DRAFT THREAD***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
shoelessT wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, I see that Sony Gray was drafted 18th. What should the Beavers expect to see in the SR over the weekend from Gray? They have already faced Cole, Bauer, and Tyler Andersen. How does his stuff compare?

Well Sonny Gray is a fighter. Probably doesn't have the "stuff" that those other three do but you know what he does have? Offense behind him. I love Sonny. Probably my favorite pitcher in college this year to watch. Should be a good matchup with the Beavers! I will be for the Beavers this weekend but I don't think they will beat Vandy. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Should be an interesting series.
6/6/2011 8:23:23 PM
Topic:
***MLB DRAFT THREAD***

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
shoelessT wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Sonny will run his fastball in mid 90's with a pretty nasty slider. Not sure about his 3rd pitch, which is a changeup I believe but I am not sure how good it is. Like I said earlier, he is a fighter and will come at you. A work horse.

He sounds like the Beaver's Gaviglio, but with more velocity. Unfortunately, the Beavers other key Starter, Osich, can't seem to throw strikes right now. It will be interesting to see where Osich ends up in the draft. At one time, he was considered a first rounder.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72