Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

sigsky - all messages by user

5/30/2011 11:44:25 AM
Topic:
UALR

sigsky
sigsky
Hmmm (24-32) record. Well that's why we have conference tournaments but LSU should not have to suffer because UALR won the Sun Belt Tourney! Take the bid away from FIU and give it to LSU. I'll be happy to serve on the selection committee next year.
5/31/2011 10:13:36 PM
Topic:
No pre tourney top 25?

sigsky
sigsky
Last chance and everyone else has one.
6/13/2011 6:34:32 AM
Topic:
ASU got hosed big time

sigsky
sigsky
jdh008 wrote:
ASU has a runner on first and one out. The runner on first takes off for second on a 3-2 count. The pitch is ball 4. The runner should take first and the lead runner is ENTITLED to second. However, the umpire calls interference on the batter in the box.

So, in other words, catchers should always try to draw interference even when the runner heading to second can't be thrown out. ASU got punished for the UT catcher throwing down when he didn't need to. Unbelievable.

I like to monitor umpire's performance just for my own interest. So who was the home plate umpire or which game was it and I'll look it up. Thanks
6/13/2011 6:50:15 AM
Topic:
California wrist bands

sigsky
sigsky
I've seen many catchers wear them to translate pitching signals from the dugout. But all the Cal position players were wearing them, at least on offense, presumably to translate signals for steal, hit-and-run, etc. Makes signals very hard to steal I would think. I've never seen this before and wonder if there are other programs using them. Have I got the purpose correct?

Seemed to slow down play a little as now players have to adjust the wristband as well as their batting gloves after each pitch.
edited by sigsky on 6/13/2011
6/18/2011 9:34:47 PM
Topic:
Design Flaw at TD Ameritrade

sigsky
sigsky
You saw the home run, er double, by Brian Johnson in the 7th of the Texas-Florida game which hit a shelf beyond the fence in the outfield and then caromed off a restraining fence and back on to the field. Clearly a home run but ruled a double. I'm glad I wasn't an umpire because who could possibly have called that play correctly from second base, 300 ft away. To me it didn't seem a fluke, but something that will occur every so often. There should have been a gap behind the fence so a rebound could not occur. The yellow area at the top of the fence seems to serve no purpose. Glad the ruling did not affect the outcome but I wouldn't be surprised if we see it again before the CWS ends.
2/9/2012 3:26:14 PM
Topic:
CBT: Top 100 Countdown: 61-80

sigsky
sigsky
Maybe it's just me. I can see 81 through 100 (Oregon?). I can also see 41 through 60. I'll be darned if I can see the list of the teams ranked 61 through 80. I think you neglected to include the list for free.
2/12/2012 4:20:09 PM
Topic:
National College Baseball Pick'Em: Introduction

sigsky
sigsky
Not sure about the interest level but count me in.
2/15/2012 3:38:55 PM
Topic:
National Predictions: Week 1

sigsky
sigsky
Vandy 2-1
Okla 2-1
Florida 3-0
Ole Miss 2-1
UCLA 3-0
2/21/2012 7:33:36 AM
Topic:
National Predictions: Week 2

sigsky
sigsky
Tulane 2-1
Stanford 2-1
Long Beach 2-1
Fullerton 2-1
UCLA 2-1
2/28/2012 6:24:15 PM
Topic:
National Predictions: Week 3

sigsky
sigsky
Texas A&M 3-0
TCU 2-1
Oregon 2-1
North Carolina 3-0
South Carolina 2-1
3/7/2012 6:34:01 PM
Topic:
National Predictions: Week 4

sigsky
sigsky
Stanford 3-0
Texas A&M 2-1
UNC 2-1
Georgia 3-0
TCU 2-1
5/15/2012 6:54:16 AM
Topic:
Collegiate Baseball Magazine Poll?

sigsky
sigsky
Oregon 1st? Florida State 6th? I guess we have started a brand new season and everything before last week is wiped clean. But if this is the case then Florida State should not be ranked at all after going 1-3 against unranked opponents. My local newspaper actually publishes this poll and indicates it is based on votes from coaches (soccer?), sports writers (figure skating?) and sports information directors. Is this really true? I would have bet you couldn't find 2 people outside of Eugene that thought the Ducks were No. 1. I used to have some respect for this poll. I know the polls don't matter but for me they are fun to follow. With respect to Kendall, for me the NCBWA and USA Today polls are the legit ones.
2/13/2013 8:51:03 PM
Topic:
My Opening Day Schedule

sigsky
sigsky
Wow! I'm pumped.

Noon: Kentucky vs. UNC-Asheville (at Spartanburg, SC)

3:00 pm Liberty at South Carolina

5:30 pm Stanford at Rice

9:30 pm Baylor at Cal-Irvine

Think I can get Audio/Video on these. Best I could do given that the Gamecock and Rice games are a must for me.

Last years season went by in a blink.
5/26/2013 9:03:57 PM
Topic:
How can USC host over Arkansas at this point?

sigsky
sigsky
OK, Arkansas has a legit beef, but it isn't with the Gamecocks. Va Tech and K State have no business hosting, but the wealth has to be spread. Sure, Arkansas swept us in Columbia, congrats, but who got more hits. It was a very close series. And did anyone else win a series at Baton Rouge but the Gamecocks? Sorry for your bad break and good luck.
5/27/2013 6:10:13 PM
Topic:
National seed dilemma: Who should've had them?

sigsky
sigsky
Four national seeds from one conference. Has it ever happened?
pages: 1