Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream - all messages by user

2/19/2011 12:03:28 PM
Topic:
My 27 takes from Friday's action ....

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Yes, Oral Roberts was putting some good swings on the ball. Baylor didn't swing too bad, just couldn't get anything going. Baylor got a rally going but struck out 3 times in a row with runners on 2nd and 3rd, talk about rally killer.
3/3/2011 10:47:16 AM
Topic:
25 teams outside Top 25 to watch...

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Tater, after that Texas State game I am in complete agreement. As someone who follows Baylor pretty closely I am very disappointed with the teams play so far. I feel that any team in the top 25 or close to it should show up every day to compete. They may not win but getting blown out like that is not top 25 caliber.

Baylor has the talent to be a great team. That said, they are playing with no level of consistency. Their offense has been atrocious to say the least (32er of 45scored, 71 runners LOB, .282 BA). Of course stats only say so much but take out the 19runs they scored against the sun game vs. Georgia and it's dismal. Their pitching is struggling and with both these elements you can't expect a team to win.

Hopefully they get it together this weekend
3/20/2011 10:50:40 AM
Topic:
What was Saturday's biggest surprise?

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Texas Tech vs. Baylor... 9 runs by TTU in the 9th (5 with 2 outs) to tie it. Then Baylor wins on a 2 out rally (HBP, single, single)

This series has always been crazy and intense. Todays game should be fun to watch.
3/24/2011 3:59:47 PM
Topic:
Postseason talk: Where do I stand?

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
eagleboy415 wrote:
Baylor?

If they get their middle relief going they are going to be a very tough club to beat. Right now it's a bit like roulette with their pen.

I know this is based upon if the season ended today which Baylor's RPI is pretty decent. I'll be interested to see Kendall's in-depth breakdown on his picks
3/29/2011 12:59:05 PM
Topic:
My national seeds/hosts as of right now (3/29)

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
USM has some great fans... I always appreciated their coordinated heckling (if they still do that)
4/4/2011 6:04:32 PM
Topic:
PREMIUM: Our weekly winners and losers (4/4)

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
I think tater head put a hex on Baylor last week. He was throwing out some mad hate!

In reality though, it was well deserved. Baylor has hardly lived up to any potential or expectations this year. I'm just hoping their pitching can figure something out and can keep them in games. They are too inexperienced and not having an experienced catcher is really showing.
4/26/2011 2:04:07 PM
Topic:
2011 Team USA Frontrunners

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Since I'm mainly familiar with Big12 players, I'll provide my point of view on those that should be considered:

Players to Consider:
Phillips, Dane - OSU - SO (Solid FR campaign FR all american, Even better SO year. Summer in Cape although not great summer)
Naquin, Tyler - TAMU - SO (Huge year so far, Not much to show for in FR and summer league)
Weiss, Erich - UT - FR (About the only player hitting on UT, IMO the favorite for Big12 FR of the year)
Muncy, Max - BU - SO (Solid FR campaign, FR all american, Good SO year, Good summer in the cape)

Pitchers:
Wacha, Michael - SO (Already named to the team)

I kept mainly to SO and FR but I'm sure there are others, I'll update if I think of anybody else.
4/26/2011 9:36:14 PM
Topic:
2011 Team USA Frontrunners

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
I haven't seen anything concerning about Weiss' glove however I have only watched him a handful of times. I would say he is a long shot being a freshmen but you never know. I'm not sure where hes playing in the summer but a good summer season and he could set himself up nicely for next year.

I forgot to mention Barrett Barnes out of Texas Tech. Right now he is below .300 avg but has some pretty serious numbers. He is pretty high on the Ks but if he got hot and got his avg up he would be enticing.

Overall, I think most of these players are long shots. One advantage that these players have is the head and assistant coach being from teams that most of them have played (Missouri & Oral Roberts).
5/2/2011 12:29:12 PM
Topic:
What stood out to you most last week?

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Baylor's Brooks Pinckard moving to the starter role and picking up 2 much needed wins for the team. Stats for the week: 2-0, 0.73 ERA, 12.1 IP, 6 H (singles), 1 R, 4 BB, 11 K.

Considering he has been suspect most of the year, this was a huge boost for a struggling pitching staff.
5/3/2011 8:58:38 AM
Topic:
What stood out to you most last week?

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
HuskerFan31 wrote:

To be fair, you have to put an * next to Pinckard's start on Sunday. Mike Anderson blindfolds all his hitter before sending them to the plate.

Haha... I think he may have borrowed the blindfolds from Steve Smith though. Sunday was a brutal game to watch for both sides.
5/9/2011 12:38:15 PM
Topic:
What stood out to you the most this week?

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Mizzou getting their 3rd straight series conference win against Kansas State. For a team that was at the bottom of the barrel a few weeks ago, they have positioned themselves well to get to the B12 tournament.

On the larger picture, they sure did cause some havoc on Baylor & Kstate who were looking to be in the postseason picture. Not that it's that exciting but the (to me at least) Kansas - Kstate matchup next weekend looks to have quite a bit riding on it as the loser of that series likely will not make the B12 tourney.
5/18/2011 8:53:44 AM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (HAVE Q'S?) -- 5/18

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
I take it that this is your projected and not "if the season ended today" since you show Arizona State as hosting. I haven't seen anything yet, but did they make a ruling on their appeal from a couple days ago?

If they don't get the ban lifted, who takes that host spot?
5/18/2011 10:14:22 AM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (HAVE Q'S?) -- 5/18

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
MiamiBaseball wrote:
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream wrote:
I take it that this is your projected and not "if the season ended today" since you show Arizona State as hosting. I haven't seen anything yet, but did they make a ruling on their appeal from a couple days ago?

If they don't get the ban lifted, who takes that host spot?

It's not that the ban will be lifted, it's that the ruling on the appeal could take months. So they might still get the ban, but it wouldn't be until 2012 unless the committee miraculously makes a ruling very soon.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info
5/24/2011 10:03:13 AM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (HAVE Q'S?) -- 5/24

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Kendall,

I know Baylor will more then likely be at the Rice or TCU regional but if they do get shipped out somewhere where would you see them going?

Also, with a lot on the line for many teams in the Big 12 tourney (nat. seeds, hosting, at-large bids), which team do you think has the most to gain/lose by their performance?
6/2/2011 9:05:33 AM
Topic:
Everyone's sleepers

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
I think Georgia could make some noise

Also, Baylor and Cal could be tough in Houston. Emphasis on COULD BE and even more emphasis on Cal
6/2/2011 12:23:32 PM
Topic:
Columbia should have the hottest regional

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream
There is definitely going to be some hot regionals. Houston will be pretty miserable, heat smog & humidity don't mix well.

I think Texas has a huge advantage with the heat. Besides a relatively weaker regional, two teams are from the northern US. It will definitely take a toll on them. Disch-Falk field is pretty much an oven
pages: 1