Perfect Game Forum

Out of Conference - all messages by user

2/20/2011 2:19:29 PM
Topic:
Shouldn't the board display your username

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Kendall wrote:
Good question .. there are some on here that have names like "Diamond Dawg", so I don't think it uses your real name for everything .... You can go to my profile: http://www.perfectgame.org/Forum/editprofile.aspx and change your username I believe ...

test
2/22/2011 7:46:03 AM
Topic:
PG Top 25 Rankings (2/21)

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Overall great poll. Thanks for having a free board and allowing freeloaders like me to see the rankings.

I didn't catch the chat, so maybe this question was answered, but how can you drop Clemson 2 spots for losing 1 in a 3 game series, but not drop TCU or Texas any for also dropping one. Is it merely the different in competiion between TCU's opponent & Maryland as compared to EMU or is it a correction of where you think Clemson really needs to be/should have been? Don't get me wrong, I hate me some Tigers, but just curious about the difference.
edited by Out of Conference on 2/22/2011
2/22/2011 10:25:51 AM
Topic:
PG Top 25 Rankings (2/21)

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Kendall wrote:

Clemson moving down had everything to do with Stanford jumping some teams and Cal State Fullerton dropping a few spots. There wasn't a real way to avoid that. Stanford deserved to climb a few spots, IMO.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply.
3/27/2011 2:06:42 PM
Topic:
South Carolina @ Florida this weekend...

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Couldn't ask for a tighter series. I'm pleasantly surprised to pull 2 out of 3 against Florida this weekend.
3/30/2011 12:53:49 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Rankings Week 5

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
I can see UGA working their way in to Hoover. I don't know who in Cowbell's list they would replace right now, but I do think they get in.
3/30/2011 6:58:30 PM
Topic:
SEC Week 6 Power Poll

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Hard to imagine LSU not somehow working their way back in. Not sure who's the first to get nbumped out of that 8 to make room though...
3/30/2011 7:01:05 PM
Topic:
My national seeds/hosts as of right now (3/29)

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Sooners not even getting a regional? What's going on with them?
3/31/2011 6:13:29 AM
Topic:
BREAKING: Pepperdine banned from NCAA postseason

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Seems like staff in the AD should lose their jobs not let student athletes be punished for something they had no control over.
4/6/2011 11:37:14 AM
Topic:
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: Our weekly college baseball chat

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
GTbaseball wrote:
GT vs. Vandy
UVA vs. UF
UNC vs. South Carolina
Miami vs. UGA

Give me your thoughts on those matchups.. since you said SEC East is better.
edited by GTbaseball on 4/5/2011

Vandy - just looking too good
UVA - same for UVA, although the Friday night would be the best pitching duel this year
SC - interesting to think about, but I like SC's chances here
UGA - really depends on what UGA team shows up.
4/13/2011 8:36:57 AM
Topic:
South Carolina Pitching Staff

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
As dumb as this sounds, I will say it's the surprises that are most surprising about the squad, but also I believe sets us up for trouble. Westmoreland & Webb's difficulties have surprised me, and the previously little known guys stepping up big (Koumis, Holmes, and to some extent Harper) have been surprising. Someone always seem to step up when you need, but would like to see the big guns work out their kinks for the meat grinder that is the post-season. Roth dominates and that's no surprise. Taylor & Neff seem to be in their natural progression of improvement over last year and doing well. I don't see Meyer using as many situational appearances as Calvi used last year, but it doesn't worry me - pitching is not the current weakness of this team by any stretch.
4/19/2011 6:05:12 AM
Topic:
PG TOP 25: The latest CBB rankings (4/18)

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
maverickcav wrote:
Kendall wrote:
HooBaseball wrote:
Kendall, can someone explain to me why in college baseball, midweek losses don't seem to "count." I think South Carolina had a horrible midweek loss getting shutout by a bad team, while UVA had a very impressive midweek win against Coastal Carolina. It's true that USC's series win was more impressive than UVa's THIS WEEK. But how quickly you forget that UVA won the series on the road against an awesome GT team LAST WEEK. Shouldn't the rankings be based on overall season performance, not just one week. Isn't UVA like #2 in RPI?

Great question. I said this on Twitter earlier today, but I put about 85 percent of my rankings weight on weekend games. Midweek games are good for the record, but what's more important, taking care of business on the weekend or winning a midweek game against Georgetown or The Citadel? No question, the weekend. And BTW, I was there for for the Virginia-Georgia Tech series, so I absolutely love the Cavaliers' club. But right now, I think South Carolina has done more on the weekend than Virginia has. But honestly, you could go either way and you wouldn't be wrong. Both teams are simply fantastic, and that's that.

I dont necessarily disagree with your premise, but seriously, do #1 clubs lose to 14-22 teams? Apparently they do. Plus, part of USC fans argument for his club is a win over Clemson on, watch for it now - a Tuesday. Based on this USC is only .500 vs Clemson, no?
edited by maverickcav on 4/18/2011

That Tuesday game against Clemson was, watch for it now, a make-up game from the rained out Saturday game so it featured weekend pitching. Just keeping winning Hoo, most polls have you as #1 and I don't disagree with that. I find it refreshing that Ken uses his own opinions to determine his poll and I don't disagree with USC being #1 in his poll for the reason he gives. You want to prove your the #1 team? Don't get run out of your own super-regional this year.
4/21/2011 10:05:03 AM
Topic:
Question about RPI

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Dodger Matt wrote:
I do not think the SEC will get ten teams in the tournament.

I'm an admitted SEC homer, but I agree in that I don't know how we get 10. Let's say SC, Vandy, FL, Arky, and UGA are givens, OK then pick 5 more from UK, UT, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, LSU, Auburn. Scratch UK, UT- those are easy to scratch since they likely do not have the ability to turn things around or win the SECT. That leaves Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, LSU, Auburn to pick 5 more from. LSU has ability, but won't go unless they make a move ASAP or win the SECT- which they may not even make it to. So someone from LSU, UT, or UK has to be picked for the conference to get 10 to the regionals - I don't see it happening at the rate things are going.
4/23/2011 10:57:53 AM
Topic:
What was Friday's biggest surprise?

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Only 3300+ showing uyp at MSU to watch the first game of the series vs. the Gamecocks.
5/3/2011 6:54:35 PM
Topic:
BREAKDOWN: Who's doing best coaching jobs?

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
You alluded to South Carolina's big midweek matchup in your props to Tanner, but I see it didn't make your list. I think the big midweek game a lot of folks are keeping their eye down here is the Gamecocks vs. Injury U matchup. Paging: any healthy outfielders with a decent stick!
edited by Out of Conference on 5/3/2011
5/3/2011 6:58:21 PM
Topic:
PG TOP 25: The latest college baseball ranks (5/2)

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Kendall wrote:
USCbaseballguy wrote:
Kendall how does a clemson team with one series win over a solid team warrent the number 20 spot? They have lost to carolina and virgina the two other good teams they've played and two out of three from a georgia tech team at home is worth of number 20?

Clemson has played a pretty solid brand of baseball lately, more so than other teams in the 20-25 range right now. Looks to me like the Tigers finally are playing up to their potential for the first time this season. I said this a while back, but Clemson is one of those teams I wouldn't want to see in my NCAA Regional.

If we get to pick where we'd like to see Clemson in the post-season, my vote is to have them standing between us and two games to win to get into the title series. Cool
5/4/2011 6:31:25 PM
Topic:
BREAKDOWN: Who's doing best coaching jobs?

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Kendall wrote:
Out of Conference wrote:
You alluded to South Carolina's big midweek matchup in your props to Tanner, but I see it didn't make your list. I think the big midweek game a lot of folks are keeping their eye down here is the Gamecocks vs. Injury U matchup. Paging: any healthy outfielders with a decent stick!
edited by Out of Conference on 5/3/2011

We always lead with a certain topic in our midweek breakdown each week ..... didn't imply the Gamecocks had a midweek game. Sorry

I was trying to make a joke (but failed miserably) about our injury situation. In no way was I trying to get the Wofford-SC game as a mention as midweek game of the week. I forgot we were playing that game when I posted.
5/23/2011 11:59:02 AM
Topic:
When will host sites be announced?

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Stetson's in Florida, right? I know it's a long way geographically, but any way they award Stetson a regional #1 seed, but have Arkansas host it? I know they've done that in the past - not sure about that far geographically though.
5/23/2011 2:44:56 PM
Topic:
LSU NCAA Tournament chances

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
The Ghost of Dan Canevari wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
PS - I called it on Kendall's old blog a few years ago when everyone in baton rouge and Kendall were blowing up Paul Maineri after that National Championship.... I told everyone that PM had a very minimal part in putting that team together (over 80% of top talent and starters was from prior regime) and that his true colors would show in about his 3rd season....

Maineiri won the National Chamionship in his 3rd year.

My bad... wrote it wrong and wrong # of years... Rephrase: 2 years after Natl Championship, which would be the 1st year that all recruits from prior regime were completely gone (except any redshirts). You get the picture.

Like I stated earlier, National Championship team was lead by more then 80% prior regime players. As the years went on, more and more of team reflects Paul and staff. Now, it is all on Paul and his staff. Any signs of prior coaching staffs is completely gone. If he ends up winning another Natl Championship, then good job and good hire by LSU. If not, then maybe they jumped the gun. ???

UCF seems to be doing alright though... and we all know about the fallout that led to that situation occuring (hint: fallout did not occur at UCF)

No offense, but did you really type it wrong, or do you have something against PM? I can't believe a NC 3 years after he got there can still be blamed on the talent he inherited. What about last year's tear in the SECT? Sure a lot of teams don't give a darn about that tourney anymore, but LSU looked pretty darn sharp in every game. How many of those guys were inherited? I think LSU had some tough breaks with a few pitchers, but I certainly can't see how you hang PM for all of that.
6/8/2011 8:44:37 AM
Topic:
****SUPER REGIONALS PREDICTIONS****

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Cocks 2-1
FL 2-0
A&M 2-1
Horns 2-1
Cal 2-1
Tree 2-1
UVA 2-0