Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

ntgreek00 - all messages by user

2/21/2011 10:09:47 AM
Topic:
LSU's season stats after 3 games

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
Once Watkins starts to find his swing he is going to be very dangerous in the leadoff spot. he has great base instincts and can fly on the paths. It could been alot worse for Wake if he actually got on base. I hope we can swing this well through out the season, and help out our young pitchers. Hopefully the Mainieri Magic is back, with these young players he brought in.

Geaux Tigers
2/21/2011 10:12:57 AM
Topic:
Mahtook

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
Jacoby Jones looks like the real deal, alot of plate presence and look good in the field, should be very interesting to see him develop as the season goes on. Mahtook hit the ball hard even on his outs, if he can shorten his swing with two strikes and keep his strikeouts low, he could have a special season.
2/21/2011 10:15:46 AM
Topic:
THIS IS THE NEW RIVALS BOARD!

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
Good to be back on college baseball message boards. Thanks, KR for starting another one.

Good luck to everyones teams and lets hope for a great season.

Geaux Tigers
2/21/2011 12:25:01 PM
Topic:
Hogs set opening day record at Baum

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
A great weekend for college baseball, not used to the clink of the bat yet.

LSU attendance this weekend

Friday: Paid 12,070
Actual 10,055

Saturday Paid 11,113
Actual 8,118

Sunday Paid 10,753
Actual 7,008

Pretty impressive numbers
2/22/2011 10:19:51 AM
Topic:
Hogs set opening day record at Baum

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
AUGreenMonster wrote:
AU had over 11,000 for the weekend which is the largest for opening day weekend in AU history. Did anyone catch how dismal UF attendance was being the #1 team in the land combined with such nice weather... don't understand it

You would think with the weather not as hot as later in the spring and summer this would be a great time to see a game in gainseville before it gets too hot. I will never understand Florida people, I have a good friend who adores all things Florida, so I ask him about baseball and he has no clue. So I tell him they are ranked number 1 and he says "really"; most of them really don't care about baseball it seems.
2/23/2011 10:32:31 AM
Topic:
Kendall: LSU Pitching

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
I don't think that we can take the Wake Forest series as the benchmark for our seasons success; however impressive it was. There are several really good teams in the SEC this year and we also have a date with Cal St. Fulerton which will show us exactly where we are. The bats will need to stay alive because these young pitchers will need help at some point and look what Auburn did last year with that lineup, and their meager pitching. I think the lineup is solid once Trey Watkins gets out of his slump.
I guess we will see. It is just great to be talking college baseball again.

Geaux Tigers
2/23/2011 10:37:08 AM
Topic:
Go on record...who is your national champ?

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
I will say Florida because of how good they were last year with freshman and then the freshman they brought in this year they really do look ridiculous. But after that my homerism says LSU and then either UCLA or TCU. Just my .02
3/13/2011 9:55:27 AM
Topic:
LSU takes the series from CSF

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
I am impressed with the hitting because many believed LSU would not be able to put up runs against the arms of CSF, which have been very impressive, This could be a good season, but we will really see after next week. Geaux Tigers
3/13/2011 4:16:14 PM
Topic:
LSU sweeps Fullerton

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
Agree 100%, these Tigers sweep a very very good ballclub with tons of talent and even more tenacity. They never gave up. Great series for LSU over a very good CSF team that will be very good and will be in the tournament. Geaux Tigers
3/14/2011 10:16:04 AM
Topic:
What was the week's biggest surprise?

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
I am a homer but I did not expect LSU to sweep CSF, so a great surprise for me. Especially with this young team, two freshman weekend starters going face to face with some very good CSF seasoned guys. This weekend we will see how good we, LSU, really is. Geaux Tigers
3/14/2011 10:19:06 AM
Topic:
SEC Power Poll Week 3.5

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
Many of these questions will be answered this weekend, great to see the SEC appear to be pretty deep again. LSU vrs UF this weekend it does not get any better than that. LSU is predicting the largest crowds ever for this weekend. Geux Tigers
pages: 1