Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

3/23/2012 12:33:46 PM
Topic:
Gamecocks

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I agree Kendall.

It also seems that, by building such nice ballparks, these programs have to schedule so many home games to pay off the high costs of constructing these facilities.

Maybe that isn't a good excuse, but I'm sure that goes into scheduling decisions.
3/26/2012 10:12:44 AM
Topic:
Gamecocks

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
FullertonBaseballFan wrote:
LSU will not be playing at Fullerton next year or in the near future. That was a one year contract.

The game with Francis Marion does not count in the RPI because they are not a D1 opponent.

Oh, I thought it was a home and home type of thing. Thanks for the info.

That sucks, I was looking forward to the two schools playing again.
4/3/2012 1:13:46 PM
Topic:
PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (4.3)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Kendall,

I forget how you do your projections. Is it how you think the season will finish or just a snapshot as of today?
4/12/2012 1:40:14 PM
Topic:
Conference ISRs

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Exactly, there isn't an exact science to it. If you want the numbers to favor your team or conference, just fix the numbers that way.

According to everybody, nobody gets the respect.

And people make fun of SEC fans about conference pride.
edited by Hedegoba88 on 4/12/2012
4/13/2012 9:17:48 AM
Topic:
Conference ISRs

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88 wrote:
And people make fun of SEC fans about conference pride.

Mine is more of a regional pride thang. I thought I might get one of the two WCC fans here to chime in by pointing out how well that conference is doing this year, but failing that, I thought I might rile an SEC fan or two. Are you a Hog fan? Can't tell.... There are dozens of SEC fans who ask Kendall questions on his chat, but nary a one pokes his head up on the regular discussion threads.

As for the conference pride issue: I have yet to hear anyone at a Pac-12 game, against another conference--regardless of the sport--chant "Pac-12! Pac-12! Pac-12!" Cool

I am an LSU fan/Grad, definitely not a hog fan. I wish there were more discussion threads on this site, I miss the old rivals board. I posted regularly there.

I just think between the RPI and ISR and whatever else is out there, you can always make an argument for your team, conference, region.

On the conference pride issue, I was hoping that's what you were trying to get it, just so it wasn't only SEC fans that did that and could take some of the heat away. I can't stand when people chant that, I think it is ridiculous.

Why do I want to chant SEC for another school? That just means LSU isn't winning anything, and a rival is succeeding.
edited by Hedegoba88 on 4/13/2012
edited by Hedegoba88 on 4/13/2012
4/17/2012 9:24:07 AM
Topic:
LSU vs. UK Best weekend of the year.....

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Why would you come on here and use the Collegiate Baseball Poll when Kendall runs this site and has his own rankings??

This game will be a matchup of 2 vs 4
4/17/2012 12:40:50 PM
Topic:
PG 64: The latest projected field (4.17) (ASK Q'S)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I hope you are wrong Kendall!!

Stanford coming to Baton Rouge would be a tough draw, would be fun though.
4/18/2012 10:01:37 AM
Topic:
LSU vs. UK Best weekend of the year.....

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I just figured posting here, why not use Kendalls rankings.

I can't wait, hope my Tigers can continue playing solid baseball. Now if only I didn't have to go to Houston for a wedding
6/12/2012 10:35:44 AM
Topic:
Ducks super

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I been popping in and out following ya'lls discussion, thought I would chime in.

It could be worse Riverduck, Oregon lost but at least they didn't get completely dominated at home. It was a competitive series that went down to the end.

...Unlike my Tigers
6/12/2012 12:57:56 PM
Topic:
Ducks super

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
ASU74 wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
I been popping in and out following ya'lls discussion, thought I would chime in.

It could be worse Riverduck, Oregon lost but at least they didn't get completely dominated at home. It was a competitive series that went down to the end.

...Unlike my Tigers

Dominated, no. Out played, well yea. One of the best competative series I have ever watched. Sure would like to see more home & home series with Pac & SEC.

Maybe dominated was a little too strong. But yes, LSU was greatly outplayed in all three games. Sunday they were hitting it hard but just right to guys all night.

I agree, getting tired of the weak OOC we play. I originally thought the CSF series was going to be a home and home type thing, was disappointed when I found out it wasn't.
6/25/2012 9:01:59 AM
Topic:
Ideas to increase traffic on this forum

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I try to post on here whenever I can, although it isn't too often. I haven't seen any other LSU poster on here, so I don't know if that makes me the only one.

I would definitely post more if there were discussions that included this region more.

I get bored at work quite often so I read all of the threads you guys have about PAC 12 baseball. Try to learn a little.
6/25/2012 8:47:33 PM
Topic:
UA vs SC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Come on Zona, close this out!!!!
6/26/2012 6:58:36 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
ASU74 wrote:
Welcome aboard.....ya got to send everyone some LA Boudain though for yearly dues.Cool

Sounds good, give me your address and the boudin is on the way!! But it's always better eating it here.
6/26/2012 7:12:48 AM
Topic:
BEAR DOWN Arizona 2012 CWS Champions!

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
Yes, but the SEC still owns best record for the last five, ten, twenty, and thirty years. Pac-12 is still tops all-time, and it could retake best in the last ten and thirty with a couple more titles, but the SEC is front-loaded with SoCar's run.

I was considering creating a new topic discussing this but this topic is close enough.

What are ya'lls opinions on conference pride?

For the longest time it seemed to me that the rest of the country was bashing SEC fans for cheering for each other and wanting success for the conference if their team wasn't playing. It was considered sad that fans were boasting for their conference and not their own team.

Now I have been seeing the same thing here with the Pac 12 pride.

I for one never did understand the conference pride thing, the way I see it is if someone else is playing for the title then that just means that LSU isn't.

I was rooting for Arizona against South Carolina, because I didn't want to see another SEC school win its third title, and three peat. A feat LSU couldn't accomplish during its 90's dominance. Maybe it is jealously b/c South Car. is having a great run and starting to get up there with LSU.

Anyways, I'm just curious to see what you guys opinions are on this.
6/26/2012 1:23:54 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
ASU74 wrote:
Hedge: Just yankin your chain. Here in Houston we do get quality LA boudain; but if ya send some up top those OR guys it will have to be the "Special" Road Kill variety.

Well you're just a short drive to Lafayette for the best boudin then. You think they would prefer beaver or duck boudin??
6/26/2012 3:20:22 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Well they should b/c it is delicious!!!
6/27/2012 7:45:59 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
I'm more of a regionalist. Anything west coast. Graduated from a third-tier school that was Division II at the time, but I have friends and family who have affiliations with ASU, USC, UCLA, OSU, and I have always rooted for the Pac. That usually meant rooting for the Trojans on New Year's Day to kick Michigan's or Ohio State's ass in the Rose Bowl. When I moved to Oregon, I adopted one of the worst sports schools in the area because they were perpetual underdogs and that allowed me to go see a game whenever I wanted. Plus those stinking Ducks didn't even have baseball. I mean what kind of crap school doesn't have baseball?

Anyway, I will always root for a Pac-12 team (except for the communist schools...in the Gay Bay, Seattle, People's Republic of Eugene), then an Oregon or Cal team, or anything on the west coast, then anything west of the Continental Divide. After that, it devolves to who is the underdog (root for) or which school has jackasses as fans, famous alumni, or administrators (root against); which school belongs to a conference that seems to be winning it all lately (root against), which school seems to have decent kids and coaches (root for). But it really starts at tthe pacific coastline and move eastward.

I know you asked, but did you really care to hear all that?

Haha, I appreciate the enthusiastic response. Just to clarify, who are the communist schools? Washington, Oregon, and can't think of the other??

Well maybe I am just bitter. Occasionally I root for an SEC team, but this year was not the case. Not a fan of Arky and Fla, and South Carolina just for the history they were after.
6/28/2012 8:58:52 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
BeaverBob wrote:
DM, your very articulate discription of the "COW" schools is dead on. I might also add that Eugene is the home of the anarchist. Eugene also banned Christmas trees and Christmas from any public representations. I'm always amazed at how Phil Knight is able to put up with such liberal and elitist views as conservative as he is.

I really appreciate land grant schools such as OSU and WSU.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Seriously? The worst of the worst: the Calestine Golden Camels (aka UC Berserkley). The COW (Cal, Oregon, Washington) schools are the big lefties, although Stanford probably looks normal because of its proximity to the Calestinians. I have to say though that the kids on the Cal BASEBALL team look decent, and in that respect it's hard to root against them. But I know that institution. When you have a student body government that opposes flying an American flag on campus on 9/11 because they don't want to hurt the feelings of their students, there is something seriously wrong with the "thinking" going on there.

I worked with a Cal grad for a while. When the Beavers stomped them at their place in football one year (when Cal was ranked 2 in the nation, I think), I had great fun telling him I had seen video of Cal fans leaving the stadium who were so dejected they THREW AWAY their flammable US flags WITHOUT EVEN LIGHTING THEM ON FIRE! Hundreds of American flags in Berkeley trash cans, still in their protective plastic baggies, and not a single one singed. Big Grin

Ahhhh, I was forgetting Cal. So when people on the left coast refer to the COW they are referring to anti american institutions?

Wow, never heard about that at Cal and the american flag. Pretty sad what this country is coming to. Someone needs to take it upon themselves to fly a flag on the campus!!!

No Christmas trees?!?! Damn, what is going on over there? Do ya'll at least have Santa?
6/28/2012 9:00:36 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
You left without saying goodbye!!!
2/13/2013 9:38:08 AM
Topic:
Where are ya gonna be opening day?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Listening at home on the radio, hopefully at the Box on Saturday!!!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9