Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

2/14/2013 8:50:20 AM
Topic:
NCAA D1 Baseball Strength of Schedule for 2013

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I agree, as the season progresses the ISR is always top heavy with PAC teams. But the RPI has plenty of SEC teams. I'm not sure how any of it is calculated or really care to take the time to figure it all out, but as Dodger Matt said, it makes you wonder when the first 9 are all Pac teams.

This no excuse for LSU though, as once again we a very weak OOC schedule. Although we do have a series with Washington, your ISR#3 team. Maybe that is why their ISR is so high.

Not to bring football into baseball discussions, but everyone is guilty of scheduling patsies. Not just the SEC. And as the past few seasons have gone, you could say the opposite for the SEC.

Glad to be back for another year!!
2/28/2013 8:03:22 AM
Topic:
This is not a PAC-12 only chat room

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'm here!! I don't really post much but I lurk around daily. I often read some of the Pac 12 discussions b/c theres not much of other conference chat. I haven't seen any other posters other than the Beavers and ducks mostly.

Last year seemed way more active than this year. Maybe it is because we are only 2 weeks in. Hopefully it picks up.

How many SEC or just southern baseball fans on here?
3/8/2013 9:41:54 AM
Topic:
LSU vs Washington

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'm excited for the matchup this weekend and glad to see LSU playing a PAC12 team in the regular season.

I hope its a good series this weekend. At 4-8, what can LSU expect from the Huskies? The friday starter Austin Voth appears to have some good stuff, at least looking at his pitching line. 31 strikeouts in 21.1 IP and only 4 walks is impressive.

Anybody got some info on Washington? Or looking forward to the SEC/PAC12 matchup?
3/9/2013 12:10:12 PM
Topic:
LSU vs Washington

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Haha, well there are no Duquesne or William and Mary this year. But your right, it is exciting when we get a bigger name school on the schedule for OOC.

Good win for the tigers last night, LSU hit pretty well and Nola was on through the first 6 until he lost it in the 7th. Washington had some pretty big errors as well that allowed LSU for some big innings.

Why didn't Voth pitch last night? It would be a good matchup tonight for him to go up against Eades.
3/18/2013 12:26:41 PM
Topic:
Where are all the baseball fans?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
OpihiMan wrote:
Kendall must be getting sick of all us Beavers...

I for one never get sick of the beavers. Sorry couldn't resist.

I was much more active on the old rivals board, and came here when that shut down. Not as active here but I visit the site daily and lurk around all the discussions. I would say the lack of other LSU fans and SEC fans in general is what keeps me from posting more. Just too lazy to create my own topics and in game threads.
3/18/2013 12:43:34 PM
Topic:
Acceptable tactic or not??

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I am curious to know what others opinions are of this situation.

After hitting two 2-run Homeruns friday night, and a solo homerun saturday Mississippi St. threw at the head of LSU first baseman Mason Katz with the first pitch in his first at bat of Sundays game. The ball did not hit him but narrowly missed behind his head.

Mississippi st. pitcher said that they just wanted to set the tone for the game.

Is this an ok tactic or considered a bush league move?
3/18/2013 1:22:39 PM
Topic:
Attendance figures through current games

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Is there a report that accounts for just the actual attendance for games? Do other schools record actual attendance figures?

I know LSU and a few other SEC schools do, I think it would be interesting to see the actual attendance numbers for all the schools as well.
3/18/2013 3:32:18 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
SouthernBeaver wrote:
The only "sportsmanlike" rules I ever care about are:
1. Don't EVER aim to injure, or nearly injure a player. This includes head shots or near-misses. What happens if you miss your "miss" and hit it?

2. There is no such thing as unwritten rules. Whatever you can do to win that does not break rules or put someone in physical danger, do it. Squabbling over rules (like a runner walking over the pitcher's mound) is like the rich people in the Titanic movie who are angry that Leo's character is allowed in their dining room.

I agree with this mostly. Don't see the problem with throwing inside to back a hot batter off the plate. But throwing at someone just to throw at them is a bit much, especially at the head. These are college pitchers, they don't have complete control of their command like the pros. And like Southern Beaver said, what if you miss your "miss".
3/19/2013 9:57:59 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
Rivals still gets some traffic, quite a bit some days. You have some prolific posters over there, like 2Bulldogs, who has a LOT to say about a lot of things...and he has a way of poking his finger in people's eyes so they respond. Not saying that's a bad thing. Just saying it generates lengthy discussions. If you get that guy over here, the traffic here will jump dramatically. There are other fan groups that could thrive here as well. Vanderbilt fans and Gamecock fans for example.

Is the old rivals site a paysite now?
3/19/2013 10:03:14 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Thanks for the opinions. Glad everyone hear agrees, wanted to make sure I wasn't in the minority with my way of thinking.
3/20/2013 9:27:19 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Hmm, I always thought it was just gone.
3/20/2013 9:38:29 AM
Topic:
Attendance figures through current games

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Thanks Hogfan. I knew Arkansas did as well. I would like to see a report listing the schools by an avg. actual attendance as well. Maybe just by SEC schools since those are the only ones I know of that record actual.

I just hope the popularity of College baseball continues to grow.
3/21/2013 9:32:28 AM
Topic:
Some upsets in the top 10

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
A win is a win!!!
edited by Hedegoba88 on 3/21/2013
3/27/2013 2:01:40 PM
Topic:
SEC Games

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'll play along too, if that's allowed.

I agree:
Hogs 2-1
Carolina 2-1
3/28/2013 11:25:00 AM
Topic:
Vanderbilt Triple Steal I & II

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I remember watching the first Vanderbilt one live on tv last year at the SEC Tournament. TV announcers couldn't believe it. Awesome play.
edited by Hedegoba88 on 3/28/2013
3/28/2013 11:31:32 AM
Topic:
SEC Games

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
I'll play along too, if that's allowed.

I agree:
Hogs 2-1
Carolina 2-1

Hedge this is just for fun. All that scoring stuff is too fancy for me! Just wanted to get some extra stuff on here to look at!

Yea I got ya, just wanted to give my picks. I agree, the scoring is too much to keep up with. And even if we did keep scoring for SEC games, it would just be you and me in the standings.
4/1/2013 8:32:47 AM
Topic:
SEC Standings after week 3

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'm anxious to see how LSU plays the rest of the way. No offense to Miss. State, Auburn and Mizzou, but now the meat of the schedule is coming up the rest of the way. LSU did what they were supposed to these first 3 series, but now I think we will see what type of team this is. Not having a No. 3 starter is a major concern.
4/1/2013 8:39:46 AM
Topic:
SEC Games

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
Trust me I feel ya! The Hog boards are great when you win and a nightmare anytime the team gets behind. They drive me crazy! You probably already notice this mostly PAC 12 guys, but they are great people! Glad to have you on board. Join in each week in the Pac12 predictions. I don't know much about their teams but its fun just to guess! Also I'm going to try to start listing big SEC series each week like this post started. Love to get other people's insight.

Right now I think there is one other LSU fan on the board and a Gamecock, other than that it's a lot of Beaver! Now that's not too bad of a thing though right??

Too much Beaver is never a bad thing!
4/1/2013 1:20:46 PM
Topic:
SEC Standings after week 3

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
That offense of yours is looking good

I can't help but think of how great our offense could really be if Jacoby Jones and Ty Ross could only hit for below average. With averages of .188 and .179 the inning they come to the plate there are already 2 outs. Guys like Bregman and Katz are going to cool off a little at some point and we are going to need to find runs from somewhere else at some point.
4/3/2013 2:40:31 PM
Topic:
SEC Matchups & Scoreboard 4/4-4/7

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Here I go:

LSU 2-1
Ark 2-1
A&M 2-1
FLA 2-1
UGA 2-1
S. Carolina 3-0
Vandy 2-1

Highlights:
Miss St. continues to struggle, big win for FL on the road.
South Carolina with a big road sweep
Vandy takes series at Ole Miss, putting them in a big hole.
edited by Hedegoba88 on 4/3/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11