Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

4/4/2013 1:46:58 PM
Topic:
SEC Matchups & Scoreboard 4/4-4/7

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
Tigers, any worries about Kentucky this weekend? I don't know anything about them.

I believe the 3 Kentucky starters are lefties so that always worries me a little bit. And I haven't seen if Cody Glenn will be pitching sunday for LSU, but if LSU doesn't win friday and saturday I would expect a series loss on sunday.

Looks like it will be a really nice weekend, I hope I can make it up to Baton Rouge for the Saturday game.
4/6/2013 5:22:50 PM
Topic:
Whats wrong with ESPN.

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Call me crazy, but I've never viewed college baseball the same as I see football. I look at football mostly through conferences like the SEC and everybody else. But for baseball I just enjoy the game and following everyone.

Fla Beaver, I always had the impression that everybody hated ESPN. Not just SEC people. Maybe for football the hate for ESPN can be stronger outside of the SEC, but when it comes to baseball I think everyone has more than enough reason to hate them.

Although during Baseball season I pray that ESPN doesn't cover LSU baseball. The announcers and the coverage is terrible. LSU baseball is on tv regionally every weekend once SEC play starts thanks to Cox. That's how I like it.
4/9/2013 12:18:16 PM
Topic:
SEC Matchups/Predictions/Scoreboard 4/11-4/14

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I hate to do it as well but LSU 2-1. Tigers hitting the ball way to good right now, although the best way to stop that is with great pitching, which Arkansas has. Should be a good series. Unfortunately this weekend is my bachelor party so I won't be able to watch or listen friday and saturday.

2-1 LSU
2-1 S. Carolina
2-1 Miss State
2-1 Ole Miss
2-1 Auburn
2-1 Kentucky
2-1 Vandy

I don't think anybody sweeps this weekend. Sweeps are hard to come by in conference play and there has already been too many of them. Everything evens out this weekend.
4/10/2013 9:06:56 AM
Topic:
SEC Matchups/Predictions/Scoreboard 4/11-4/14

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Thanks. I'll just have to do my best to find updates in my extreme drunken state of mind.
4/15/2013 10:13:13 AM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Back in town fellas, looks like I missed a really good series. I did get to catch the game yesterday starting in the 4th inning on the radio heading home though.

It looks like Friday was LSUs day and Sat it was Arkansas turn, and Sunday was about dead even. Glad to see LSU pull out the series at such a tough place to play. Especially with the attendance they had for the weekend.

LSU_Blake, what happened with Eades on saturday? Did he not have his stuff that day, or was he struggling with his command? Looking at the box score it looks like they hit him pretty hard.
4/16/2013 10:31:52 AM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'd rather him have a start like that now and get it out of the way. Nola and Eades have been so consistent all season long, hopefully Nola can keep it up and Eades gets back on track this weekend.
4/18/2013 10:00:50 AM
Topic:
SEC Predictions/Scoreboard 4/18-4/21

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Here my locks for the week:

SC 2-1, Carolina bounces back from last week.

LSU 2-1, Bats have cooled a bit and its a road series so I see us dropping one.

Vandy 3-0, they need to go buy another broom at Home Depot from all the sweeping they been done.

Arky 2-1, too much pitching

Miss State 2-1, Auburn steals one somehow.

Ole Miss 2-1

Florida 3-0, may be a stretch but I think they sweep and get back into the postseason.
4/22/2013 9:28:10 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU could have easily swept this weekend, but had a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. The errors sunday really cost them and had two more in saturdays game. They also struck out 29 times on the weekend and 17 of them were looking, I think that was the most shocking stat from this series.

But it is still a road series win so hard to be disappointed.
4/22/2013 3:19:41 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Yea, the strike zone was very wide and very very low. But, at least the ump was fairly consistent on those calls.

It was disappointing seeing the same ole approach at the plate every time. None of the LSU hitters made an adjustment, just kept on going up there watching strike three, then acting surprised it was a strike.
4/24/2013 8:10:02 AM
Topic:
Sun Devil baseball will begin playing in Phoenix

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
OpihiMan wrote:
I did, the Beavers around here were aging, figured we needed some young fresh Beaver in here.

There is nothing wrong with upgrading to some new, younger beaver.
4/24/2013 8:11:19 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
I did, the Beavers around here were aging, figured we needed some young fresh Beaver in here.

ASU74 wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
you have to remove the /a> from your link

Here
edited by OpihiMan on 4/23/2013

THX...
OpihMan...Ya got a facelift?

That logo looks like a nutria.. where is the tail? lol

I was thinking the same thing about the new logo. Looks just like a nutria, man I hate those things. Nasty too.
4/24/2013 8:13:11 AM
Topic:
SEC Rankings/Projections/Scoreboard 4/25-4/28

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU_Blake wrote:
How old are you hogfan. Just curious as I like to know what kind of age group I'm talking to.

Well you better take tonight's game seriously!!! I hate losing to Tulane!! This one does matter.
4/25/2013 9:42:43 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
ASU74 wrote:
Don't you Cajan boys have them on your restaurant menus?

I have heard of people eating nutria, not many though. I don't think I would ever eat it, even if it tasted good.

What about beaver? Do you guys up there eat them?
4/25/2013 9:48:12 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU_Blake wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:
How old are you hogfan. Just curious as I like to know what kind of age group I'm talking to.

Well you better take tonight's game seriously!!! I hate losing to Tulane!! This one does matter.

Ah we got em 4-3. Good game though. I dont mean they arent important though, but I wouldnt take them seriously on gauging how a team looks by a midweek game. If LSU lost tonight, I still wouldnt have the mindset that we cant beat SC this weekend bc we lost to Tulane. Most of the time midweek games are a chance to work the bullpen and give guys playing time and create depth.
edited by LSU_Blake on 4/24/2013

Yea, I knew what ya meant. Was just trying to get pumped for the game. Hopefully the bats can start to warm up now. I have a bad feeling the Gamecocks come in and steal 2/3 from LSU this weekend.
4/25/2013 9:51:09 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Vandy 2-1
LSU 2-1, Not comfortable about this one at all for some reason.
Ole Miss 2-1
Arky 2-1
Auburn 2-1
FLA 2-1
Bama 2-1
4/25/2013 3:39:36 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
OpihiMan wrote:
Most men (and a few women, high a high concentration in Eugene, OR actually...though I'm not here to judge) enjoy some good....ok, ok, enough with the puns (for now).

Hedegoba88 wrote:

What about beaver? Do you guys up there eat them?

edited by OpihiMan on 4/25/2013

WOW, I can't believe I set you up for that one. I'm actually disappointed in myself for not seeing that coming. As much as I love these beaver jokes, which is the reason I posted in this thread to begin with, my post was in no way meant to be a dirty beaver joke. I really was asking if anybody actually eats(consumes) beaver(animal that builds dams), I was referring to what ASU74 posted about cajuns eating nutria.

Although your answer is much better.
4/25/2013 3:42:13 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
I'm beyond disappointed that not ONE person made a single remark about my bobby Petrino joke.... I was proud if that!

I'll take credit for the set up. I figured I would let one of the PAC 12 guys have a shot at it. Us SEC guys have had our fun with him.
4/26/2013 7:55:59 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Man, I wish I could be there this weekend. First time back home in a few weeks, weather is gonna be great, LSU softball has a huge series as well. It should be a super regional type of atmosphere.

And I am standing in a wedding, damn!!!
4/26/2013 12:44:19 PM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
hogfan4life wrote:
Hedge, keeps those knees bent, don't need a pass out at the wedding haha!

Haha, thanks. No, this is a friend's wedding. I'm standing in his. My wedding is next weekend though, same friend is standing in mine as well. Hopefully there will be no weak knees, I don't think there will be, but ya never know.
4/27/2013 9:15:09 AM
Topic:

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Good win last night. Now lets see if Eades can get back to form tonight at home. This is a big start for him.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9